Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)

Read 73943 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,661 posts | 7152 
      Re: Fabio Borini (Sunderland)
      Reply #483: Jul 30, 2014 11:32:53 am
      He would improve if he played every game and he will at Sunderland so I don't get his stance especially if Brendan has told him he is not in his plans.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #484: Jul 30, 2014 03:44:52 pm
      Maybe his "stance" is that Brendan has brought him to a club that narroly missed out on the title and it's currently between him and Ricky Lambert to start if Sturridge does the unthinkable and picks up an injury?

Just spitballin' here.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #485: Jul 30, 2014 04:25:34 pm
      Maybe his "stance" is that Brendan has brought him to a club that narroly missed out on the title and it's currently between him and Ricky Lambert to start if Sturridge does the unthinkable and picks up an injury?

Just spitballin' here.

If Sturridge pick's up an injury and we're relying on Borini, we wont be winning the title so a bit of a moot point
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #486: Jul 31, 2014 10:56:11 am
      Surprised this hasn't been picked up here but some 'ITK' posted on Twitter last night, Borini deal back on. 

@GreameKelly1
      "All things now in place & agreed for Borini to complete his move to Sunderland.  Medical completed when his shoulder is up to it (not long)”

Borini's GIRLFRIEND replied to it

@Erin_ONeil_Xo
      “Oh is it?  I have not heard about this?!  Pls do tell me more!”

Hahahahahahaha –

The guy then resported to basically abusing her, saying it's not good when footballers girlfriends have the players balls in their hands.

He has made himself look like an utter moron.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2014 11:11:27 am by nnilswerdna »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #487: Jul 31, 2014 06:37:13 pm
      Surprised this hasn't been picked up here but some 'ITK' posted on Twitter last night, Borini deal back on. 

@GreameKelly1
      "All things now in place & agreed for Borini to complete his move to Sunderland.  Medical completed when his shoulder is up to it (not long)”

Borini's GIRLFRIEND replied to it

@Erin_ONeil_Xo
      “Oh is it?  I have not heard about this?!  Pls do tell me more!”

Hahahahahahaha –

The guy then resported to basically abusing her, saying it's not good when footballers girlfriends have the players balls in their hands.

He has made himself look like an utter moron.

Hasn't he recently married? I think it would be his wife, not gf.
      That was pretty funny anyway :D Lovely to see false ITKs being caught at it!
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #488: Jul 31, 2014 10:07:14 pm
      If Sturridge pick's up an injury and we're relying on Borini, we wont be winning the title so a bit of a moot point

Maybe - but whether or not we win the title we would still be higher up the table than Sunderland which increases his career prospects in domestic and international football so it would make sense for him to stay (providing we don't replace Remy).
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #489: Jul 31, 2014 10:14:17 pm
      Maybe - but whether or not we win the title we would still be higher up the table than Sunderland which increases his career prospects in domestic and international football so it would make sense for him to stay (providing we don't replace Remy).

Not really mate. Borini has very little chance of getting selected for national duty if he never plays for his club.

Borini needs regular games if he wants a chance of making the Italy squad, and he won't get that here.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #490: Jul 31, 2014 10:26:08 pm
      Not really mate. Borini has very little chance of getting selected for national duty if he never plays for his club.

Borini needs regular games if he wants a chance of making the Italy squad, and he won't get that here.

I'm guessing he backs himself. Not uncommon for footballers to be head strong. I reckon if the end of his season hadn't been so good with Sunderland (4 goals and an assist in the last 5 games), he probably would be gone by now as wouldn't back himself to break into the team. As it stands he reckons he has something to offer. I'm not inclined to disagree with him.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #491: Jul 31, 2014 10:30:30 pm
      I'm guessing he backs himself. Not uncommon for footballers to be head strong. I reckon if the end of his season hadn't been so good with Sunderland (4 goals and an assist in the last 5 games), he probably would be gone by now as wouldn't back himself to break into the team. As it stands he reckons he has something to offer. I'm not inclined to disagree with him.

I disagree tbh. Don't think Borini will ever get in ahead of Sturridge or Lambert, plus if we sign another striker, I doubt he'll get in over any potential new striker. Plus Origi will arrive next season and I'd have Origi over Borini too.

But this is all just my opinion. I don't think Borini is good enough for us, and I don't think he'd get ahead of any strikers we currently have.

I think it's be best for all parties if he left, in my opinion, however if he stays I hope he proves me wrong.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #492: Jul 31, 2014 10:32:47 pm

Agree Thad.
      I like the fact that he appears desperate to stay and prove himself worthy.
      What's not to like about that.
      He is similar to Joe Allen in that both have to prove themselves this season, get a run of games, have a bit of luck and develop some confidence.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #493: Aug 01, 2014 12:23:58 am

Borini has played at a far higher level than Ricky Lambert throughout his career - surely you would expect him to back himself to play if Sturridge is injured during the season?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #494: Aug 01, 2014 12:29:28 am
      Borini has played at a far higher level than Ricky Lambert throughout his career - surely you would expect him to back himself to play if Sturridge is injured during the season?

Lambert has scored 47 goals in the last 3 seasons.

Borini has scored 23 goals in the last 3 seasons.

Also, how has Borini played at a far "higher" level. Tell me what level this is?
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #495: Aug 01, 2014 02:51:53 am

;D Wut?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #496: Aug 01, 2014 04:46:13 am
      Lambert has scored 47 goals in the last 3 seasons.   Borini has scored 23 goals in the last 3 seasons.  Also, how has Borini played at a far "higher" level. Tell me what level this is?

so it has come to this.

arguing whether Borini or Lambert is better.

come back Luis, all is forgiven!
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #497: Aug 01, 2014 06:28:06 am

so it has come to this.

Sad but true. Lambert is better. ;)

I think Luis will regret leaving after one season in Barca. He won't be playing in his preferred position, he'll be played out wide right and he won't be the main man. He'll be #3 after Messi and Neymar.  He's going to struggle and most likely won't ever score over twenty goals again and 30 will be a distant memory of Liverpool days. Sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. Barca won't love him like we did.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #498: Aug 01, 2014 06:37:01 am
      Agree that the Barcelona fans will never take to him like we did but I think he will do great at barca.
      He is a top top player
      Far better than Neymar and I can see messi and him doing great together.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #499: Aug 01, 2014 09:27:52 am
      He's going to struggle and most likely won't ever score over twenty goals again
      I wish I could get odds against that happening mate... I'd have my F***ing house on it. Won't score over twenty goals again my ARSE!  ;D
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #500: Aug 01, 2014 09:34:50 am
      I think the issue with the Borini deal is that Brendan was waxing lyrical a out the lad at the end of the season, saying nice stuff about the player and how he is in LFC's plans for this season. This is the right thing to do if you want to maintain. Players potential value and fee but of course, once a bid comes in and you accept it, you have then got to convince the player that all that nice stuff was BS and you want shot at the first opportunity!

I think this one will happen soon as his shoulder is fixed up.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #501: Aug 01, 2014 01:52:03 pm
      Quote from federer link=he timtopic=46200.msg1650532#msg1650532 date=1406864773

so it has come to this.

To be honest, as much as us fans respect our players we should remember when they do stupid stuff that sees them banned for lenghty periods they're still getting paid more in just that suspended period alone than what most people earn in their liftime. If just counting time he would have been banned for us this season he would have earnt £2.17m and not even been allowed to step foot on a football pitch. It's not the first time and I'd be surprised if he went through his career at Barcelona without being suspended again. I think we have done the right thing in selling Luis. I think Lambert should be 3rd choice CF. He would have been behind Remy. Hopefully we will being in another striker and Lambert will be 3rd choice. As for Borini, I am still optimistic well sell him to Sunderland.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #502: Aug 01, 2014 02:17:55 pm
      Lambert has scored 47 goals in the last 3 seasons.

Borini has scored 23 goals in the last 3 seasons.

Also, how has Borini played at a far "higher" level. Tell me what level this is?

Liverpool Player 1:
      Blackpool, Macclesfield Town, Stockport county, Rochdale, Bristol, Southampton
      First internatioinal cap age 31 for England

Liverpool Player 2:
      Bologna, Chelsea (loan to Swansea), Parma, Roma
      Captain of Italian U-19s, named in UEFA team of the tournament and scored in semi final and final of U-21 European Championship. Has won international caps for Italy

So yeah, it's pretty clear which player has consistently played at a higher level.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #503: Aug 01, 2014 02:31:54 pm
      Liverpool Player 1:

Liverpool Player 2:
      Captain of Italian U-19s, named in UEFA team of the tournament and scored in semi final and final of U-21 European Championship. Has won international caps for Italy

So yeah, it's pretty clear which player has consistently played at a higher level.

One has played in the WC and the other hasn't.

Does that mean Lambert has played at a higher level then?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #504: Aug 01, 2014 02:48:01 pm
      One has played in the WC and the other hasn't.

Does that mean Lambert has played at a higher level then?

No.

Although the World Cup as a competition is generally the most prestigious tournament, playing in a qualifier between Guatemala and San marino isn't "at a higher level" than playing in a European Championship final for example.

That's aside from the fact that Lambert has played for a second tier team (England) rather than a footballing superpower (Italy).

And also it ignores the fact that club football is now regarded by many as the highest level of football since the clubs are able to buy the best players and fit them into systems they have spent years developing - Barcelona, Real and Bayern would give any national side a run for their money for example.

And it also ignores the fact that, as i said, Borini has consistently played at a higher level throughout his career. Appearing for a **** England side at the tail end of your career doesn't change that I'm afraid.

But do feel free to keep arguing otherwise - it's pretty funny.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #505: Aug 01, 2014 04:34:07 pm
      Liverpool Player 1:

Liverpool Player 2:

U-19's - 4 years ago

First and only Cap - 2 years ago

U-21 Championship was last year

Sorry but your going off info years old. While one was more recent Lambert played at a higher level. Borini looked like sh*t this preseason, Lambert looks like he has something to offer. And Borini only has one cap FYI, 2 years ago.

Borini scored 1 goal in 13 league appearances for us the first season. I won't count that though because he was injured. In Borini's second season in the EPL he scored 7 in 32 appearances for Sunderland.

Lambert scored 15 in 38 in his first season and then 13 in 37 his second season (nearly double what Fabio scored).

Fabio had a rating of 6.79 on whoscored. Lambert is at 7.08.

As of right now Lambert is better and for me there is no question about it. Borini is still a very unproven EPL player in my eyes and really needed to do something this preseason but has looked out of place and awful. In time Borini could be the better player but Lambert is definitely better right now.

And in response to your clubs comment saying Lambert played in shittier leagues and Borini played for Roma, Liverpool etc. It is about where you end up, not where you start. Borini went from Chelsea to Parma to Roma to Liverpool to Sunderland. Sunderland is not as big as a club as any of the clubs previously mentioned. He downgraded. Lambert upgraded himself from a third division player to the premiere league to Liverpool. That is a lot of improvement.

Quick Reply