Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)

Read 74626 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)
      Reply #920: Sep 02, 2014 11:29:07 pm
      Oh well, we might not all agree that Fabio is a good for for us but he's here for the forseeable future, let's just hope if the lad gets a chance in any game for us, he does the business and puts the ball in the back of the net.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #921: Sep 02, 2014 11:45:36 pm
      With all the players bought in that the Boss wanted, this thread seems to be the most busy?!
      Ridiculous!
      How is he being greedy?
      He is staying at Anfield to prove himself and was offered more money to go to another club!
      Honestly, focus on other issues fellas rather than a player that is desperate to show the boss, his team mates and us, the fans, that he is worthy of a place here rather than go for the cash somewhere else.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #922: Sep 03, 2014 12:00:14 am
      I'm glad he's still here.

Good player who will contribute this season.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #923: Sep 03, 2014 12:17:14 am
      Borini wanted £95,000-a-week, a severance package from #LFC & an exit clause from QPR allowing him to leave for less than £10 m according to Bascombe from the Telepraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11071527/Fabio-Borini-out-in-the-cold-at-Liverpool-after-rejecting-moves-to-Queens-Park-Rangers-and-Sunderland.html
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #924: Sep 03, 2014 12:25:45 am
      Borini wanted £95,000-a-week, a severance package from #LFC & an exit clause from QPR allowing him to leave for less than £10 m according to Bascombe from the Telepraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11071527/Fabio-Borini-out-in-the-cold-at-Liverpool-after-rejecting-moves-to-Queens-Park-Rangers-and-Sunderland.html

Or he just didn't really want to leave Liverpool for QPR?

I just think he would only have left if one of the big Italian clubs came in for him and he is only to happy to stay at the biggest club he has ever played for and fight for some game time.

I admire him for that.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #925: Sep 03, 2014 12:37:25 am
      Or he just didn't really want to leave Liverpool for QPR?

I just think he would only have left if one of the big Italian clubs came in for him and he is only to happy to stay at the biggest club he has ever played for and fight for some game time.

I admire him for that.

I agree with the first part of your post Si, he wants back to Italy I reckon, doesn't fancy QPR or Sunderland and is happy to sit on his arse for three months in order to make it happen. I don't think he will see many minutes in a red shirt unless we are seriously hit with injuries and I wonder if he would even get a League Cup start tbh. I don't really buy the 'I want to force my way back in at LFC and fight for my place' angle. I just think he is willing to wait for the right out to come his way.

Ill bet he is on loan back in Italy come January. I hope the club play hardball though, assuming there is still a market to buy him in the next window.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #926: Sep 03, 2014 12:40:00 am
      I agree with the first part of your post Si, he wants back to Italy I reckon, doesn't fancy QPR or Sunderland and is happy to sit on his arse for three months in order to make it happen. I don't think he will see many minutes in a red shirt unless we are seriously hit with injuries and I wonder if he would even get a League Cup start tbh. I don't really buy the 'I want to force my way back in at LFC and fight for my place' angle. I just think he is willing to wait for the right out to come his way.

Ill bet he is on loan back in Italy come January. I hope the club play hardball though, assuming there is still a market to buy him in the next window.

I think he is nailed on for a League Cup start Scott as Mario and Danny won't even figure.

Although if he has been as you say and Brendan is wise to it he will be on the bench so time will tell I guess.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #927: Sep 03, 2014 01:16:17 am
      Regardless of what we may think of the situation, he is obviously of the opinion that he's done the right thing:-

"Finally the madness is finished! I protected the MAN and the player that I am today… taking all the responsibility of the situation and for people who didn't want it... and I'm VERY happy with myself to have taken such an important decision!"
      https://twitter.com/borinifabio29

Good luck to him - in the domestic cups. :f_tongueincheek:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #928: Sep 03, 2014 07:59:24 am
      “Fabio had a great season and he is back at Liverpool,” the player’s representative, Marco De Marchi, said.

“He has proved he can play at a high level.

“He is still under contract with Liverpool for another two years and the club decided not to listen to offers for Fabio to go out on loan this season.

“I can say that I was contacted by very important European clubs that wanted to get the player on loan.

“Liverpool did not want this and at the last minute (deadline day), the situation with QPR emerged.

“They made an important offer to buy him straight away.

“But if you consider the player to be important and you make an important offer, then also the player should be treated as an important player.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/borini-and-agent-hit-back-at-greed-claims-1-6819320

Seemingly all about the money after all .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #929: Sep 03, 2014 08:44:54 am
      “Fabio had a great season and he is back at Liverpool,” the player’s representative, Marco De Marchi, said.

“He has proved he can play at a high level.

“He is still under contract with Liverpool for another two years and the club decided not to listen to offers for Fabio to go out on loan this season.

“I can say that I was contacted by very important European clubs that wanted to get the player on loan.

“Liverpool did not want this and at the last minute (deadline day), the situation with QPR emerged.

“They made an important offer to buy him straight away.

“But if you consider the player to be important and you make an important offer, then also the player should be treated as an important player.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/borini-and-agent-hit-back-at-greed-claims-1-6819320

Seemingly all about the money after all .

Not necessarily could just as be that he wanted the European clubs (Italian more than likely) to come in for him but were only willing to have him on loan which was not suitable to LFC.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #930: Sep 03, 2014 08:46:53 am
      Not necessarily could just as be that he wanted the European clubs (Italian more than likely) to come in for him but were only willing to have him on loan which was not suitable to LFC.

I think the sentence I highlighted tells a different story.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #931: Sep 03, 2014 08:54:01 am
      I think the sentence I highlighted tells a different story.

My interpretation  would be Borini does not want to move to a small club and thinks he can cut the mustard but if they make a mind bowing offer he might think f**k it LFC dont want me but at least I have been compensated.......... So partly due to money.

Anyway hes here now at least until January when he might have a change of heart if does not get many games.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #932: Sep 03, 2014 08:59:19 am
      My interpretation  would be Borini does not want to move to a small club and thinks he can cut the mustard but if they make a mind bowing offer he might think f**k it LFC dont want me but at least I have been compensated........

To me that last sentence says "if you make a big offer for a player, you have to offer him big wages too."

Simply money for me. I have no doubt he would have taken less to go to a bigger club in Italy, but it was all about the money and nothing to do with loyalty as some have argued.

If you believe his agent anyway.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #933: Sep 03, 2014 09:13:02 am
      To me that last sentence says "if you make a big offer for a player, you have to offer him big wages too."

Simply money for me. I have no doubt he would have taken less to go to a bigger club in Italy, but it was all about the money and nothing to do with loyalty as some have argued.

If you believe his agent anyway.

I agree with you he was thinking of himself and his career which is fair enough.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #934: Sep 03, 2014 09:40:51 am
      I don't see how a 10m + add ons transfer offer deserves wages of 95k a week. That's absurd! He won't be going back to Italy any time soon though because not one of their clubs is willing to spend on players these days. They're all going for free transfers and loan signings. Transfer wise, Italian football is pathetic at the minute.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #935: Sep 03, 2014 02:18:36 pm
      IF (still big if when you consider Redknapp is involved) it was really down to wages, so be it. People would applaud Luis Suarez for holding out for a large payday (in fact it took one to get him to stay last summer), just because Borini hasn't set the world on fire here he should de-value himself and take a cut rate deal?

Sounds like he would rather be a little fish in a big pond than a big one in a little pond. Works for me. He'll still do a job in cup games and with us only having 3 other healthy strikers, he may still play a part in the season. People seem to forget that WE as a club gave him a contract. He is going to actually honor it and all of the sudden everyone is up in arms.

Much ado about nothing.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #936: Sep 03, 2014 10:56:31 pm
      I don't see how a 10m + add ons transfer offer deserves wages of 95k a week. That's absurd! He won't be going back to Italy any time soon though because not one of their clubs is willing to spend on players these days. They're all going for free transfers and loan signings. Transfer wise, Italian football is pathetic at the minute.
      Its not about deserves, its about what kind of money it would take for him to admit his ambitions in his career is over (Its hard to go back up once you've gone down). He is better than QPR. So the question was how much would he accept to take the massive step down. I don't blame him, and to honest at this point, anyone painting him as greedy is pretty f**king dense.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #937: Sep 03, 2014 11:12:27 pm
      Its not about deserves, its about what kind of money it would take for him to admit his ambitions in his career is over (Its hard to go back up once you've gone down). He is better than QPR. So the question was how much would he accept to take the massive step down. I don't blame him, and to honest at this point, anyone painting him as greedy is pretty f**king dense.

What has he actually done in his career that means he's better than QPR (other than signing for Liverpool)? Nothing! His goal scoring record is very poor and even at Sunderland he only scored 7 goals. He wasn't too good for Sunderland so how is he too good for QPR? Keep it shut with the dense insults, people are allowed to have an opinion without receiving such childish insults!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #938: Sep 03, 2014 11:49:08 pm
      don't see how a 10m + add ons transfer offer deserves wages of 95k a week.

Can you blame him? I mean after all, it really does have to be made worth your while to play under Redknapp ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #939: Sep 04, 2014 04:01:07 am
      Can you blame him? I mean after all, it really does have to be made worth your while to play under Redknapp ;)

One thing I do have to laugh at is how Redknapp went in for 2 strikers and came out with 0 :D 
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #940: Sep 04, 2014 04:40:08 am
      Being linked with a January move to Inter, I would say do a cash-player deal for Kovacic who had a €20m deal from Barca rejected
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #941: Sep 04, 2014 05:35:53 am
      must be missing something as I still do not see how all this fuss has made borini look greedy? 

He is not a dumb person.  to go from 30k and ask for 90k with what he has contributed... even he and his agent will know that is not possible.  So why do it?   to make it hard for QPR to accept his demands.  on the offchance they do... they yay money.... but more realistically they don't.... then Borini gets at least a few more months here at LFC with us to prove his worth.  He didn't publicly shun QPR as a smaller club etc... both sides just couldn't agree to terms... diplomatic... lets move on.

his twitter post also says he is glad the 'madness' is done.  Looks to me a player that finally knows he is here to stay for the next little bit and can focus on his game.

I like the lad.. not sure if he has the skills to lead the line but for the smaller cups, I really think he can do well.   I wish him really all the best... no injuries, bang in lots of goals and help bring home some silverware!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #942: Sep 04, 2014 06:23:55 am
      Yeah seems pretty obvious he priced his way out of moving so he can stay from the quotes from Harry/Fernandes and Fabio/agent. If QPR are dumb enough to accept then it's great money. Looks like a McCormack to Fulham negotiation technique. Leeds quoted a huge figure to tell them to F**k off but they actually paid it so off he went.

It's clear he wants to fight for his spot and he believes in himself to do so. If it works out, the main beneficiary is Liverpool. That's a good thing.

If it doesn't work out we probably get a decent fee anyway and off he goes. We weren't getting in another striker that late in to the window and now we have four strikers fighting for two spots. Great stuff. And we can afford to rest Sturridge more so in some games.

Quick Reply