Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pedro (Barcelona)

Read 13485 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Pedro to LFC ?
      Reply #46: Jul 17, 2015 06:00:47 pm
      barca have a transfer ban on.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #47: Jul 17, 2015 06:01:54 pm
      barca have a transfer ban on.

They can still buy and sell but can't register new signings until January 1.
      Bier
      Reply #48: Jul 17, 2015 06:02:54 pm
      Yeah, would be very stupid of them to let him go before Turan can play in January. Pedro is their only good backup to those 3 forward positions.

I also imagine it could depend on their presidency elections.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #49: Jul 17, 2015 06:05:53 pm
      Will.

Not.

Happen.

Probably.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #50: Jul 17, 2015 06:55:23 pm
      Yeah, would be very stupid of them to let him go before Turan can play in January. Pedro is their only good backup to those 3 forward positions.

I also imagine it could depend on their presidency elections.

it's pretty much up to pedro ultimately, Luis Enrique wants him to stay and i would imagine so would bartomeu or laporta
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #51: Jul 23, 2015 12:19:27 pm
      Liverpool have entered the race for Barcelona attacker Pedro, according to Spanish newspaper Deportivo Mundo.

They claim that Liverpool are keen to re-invest more of the £49m received for Raheem Sterling from Manchester City in their squad and could trigger a £22m release clause in Pedro's contract.

Just seen this on BBC.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #52: Jul 23, 2015 12:29:49 pm
      I'd love Pedro here. He is the type of quality we lack and would walk into our first 11 no problem.

But what is the point in signing Pedro when we have Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Ibe & Markovic? It's not an area we desperately need to address.

We need a GK, a LB and some sort of presence in CM. Not convinced we have enough quality in the CF positions either but hey-ho.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #53: Jul 23, 2015 12:32:24 pm
      I'd love Pedro here. He is the type of quality we lack and would walk into our first 11 no problem.

But what is the point in signing Pedro when we have Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Ibe & Markovic? It's not an area we desperately need to address.

We need a GK, a LB and some sort of presence in CM. Not convinced we have enough quality in the CF positions either but hey-ho.
      I'd say the answer there would be to sell Markovic (if possible) and have lallana and Ibe on the bench.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #54: Jul 23, 2015 12:40:07 pm
      Liverpool have entered the race for Barcelona attacker Pedro, according to Spanish newspaper Deportivo Mundo.

They claim that Liverpool are keen to re-invest more of the £49m received for Raheem Sterling from Manchester City in their squad and could trigger a £22m release clause in Pedro's contract.

Just seen this on BBC.

BBC Gossip, Echo rumors - are all just aggregators, referencing the most nonsense of websites. Don't think we'll add anymore for the front 3
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #55: Jul 23, 2015 12:48:55 pm

Just imagine though; Sell Markovic, Lambert, Borini and Balotelli and then...

Henderson        Milner

Coutinho

Pedro                                         Firmino
                               Benteke

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #56: Jul 23, 2015 12:51:48 pm
      I'd say the answer there would be to sell Markovic (if possible) and have lallana and Ibe on the bench.

If we had a choice of Pedro or Markovic I'd obviously pick Pedro - but I feel a bit sorry for Markovic and the criticism he has got.

He came with a 20m price tag on his head so we expected him to make an immediate impact. He looks a bit lightweight and shy on confidence therefore his chances were limited.

I think he will become a very good player for us though and we will start to see his true quality sooner than later.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #57: Jul 23, 2015 12:53:20 pm

Henderson        Milner

Coutinho

Benteke

markovic? Why ?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #58: Jul 23, 2015 12:55:58 pm

Henderson        Milner

Coutinho

Benteke

Or imagine if we gave a chance to the 20 year old that we paid 20m for  :o
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #59: Jul 23, 2015 12:59:07 pm
      Or imagine if we gave a chance to the 20 year old that we paid 20m for  :o
      We could but would you rather 'take a chance' on a player that had a very poor season for us or get a proven world class player. I understand that the criticism to Markovic is a bit unfair but I think we need to get out of the mindset of taking chances on youth and go for proven talent.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #60: Jul 23, 2015 01:08:21 pm
      We could but would you rather 'take a chance' on a player that had a very poor season for us or get a proven world class player. I understand that the criticism to Markovic is a bit unfair but I think we need to get out of the mindset of taking chances on youth and go for proven talent.

He had a very poor season? He never played in his proper position. He played left and right wing back ffs! I never said I wouldn't like us to get Pedro but you're in dreamland if you think it's going to happen.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Re: Pedro (Barcelona)
      Reply #61: Jul 23, 2015 01:35:53 pm
      What's the guarantee that Pedro would be a success.
      A 5' 6" player who has played all his life in Spain, I can imagine the abuse he would get every time he is nudged off the ball "he needs to bulk up" mantra!

Markovic may not have set the league on fire but he has a very high ceiling, he was not the biggest young prospect in Europe for no reason. Give him a chance in a position suited to his ability.......
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #62: Jul 23, 2015 03:00:56 pm
      What's the guarantee that Pedro would be a success.
      A 5' 6" player who has played all his life in Spain, I can imagine the abuse he would get every time he is nudged off the ball "he needs to bulk up" mantra!

Markovic may not have set the league on fire but he has a very high ceiling, he was not the biggest young prospect in Europe for no reason. Give him a chance in a position suited to his ability.......

I would love to see Markovic succeed and I still believe and hope that he will. However, if we have the money, I think that we should bid for Pedro. He has experience and he might not be our Sanchez but he can be our Maxi Rodriguez. He has the experience and talent from which many players of our squad can benefit.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #63: Jul 23, 2015 04:12:05 pm

The point is having a world class player instead of Firmino (unproven, different position), Coutinho (different position), Lallana (unreliable), Ibe (far too young to be relied on), Markovic (pretty poor so far).
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #64: Jul 23, 2015 04:28:34 pm
      I would love to see Markovic succeed and I still believe and hope that he will. However, if we have the money, I think that we should bid for Pedro. He has experience and he might not be our Sanchez but he can be our Maxi Rodriguez. He has the experience and talent from which many players of our squad can benefit.

If we have the money then we have more pressing concerns like LB, DM and goalkeeper.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #65: Jul 23, 2015 04:37:18 pm
      If Pedro can play upfront as well, we should be all over him. But I really doubt he can, esp in this league. We have almost half a dozen players who can play outside forwards / wingers.

But pretty sure he is off to the Mancs.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester-united-close-securing-barcelona-star-pedro-rodriguez-16m-deal-1512062
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #66: Jul 23, 2015 05:22:10 pm
      If Pedro can play upfront as well, we should be all over him. But I really doubt he can, esp in this league. We have almost half a dozen players who can play outside forwards / wingers.

But pretty sure he is off to the Mancs.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester-united-close-securing-barcelona-star-pedro-rodriguez-16m-deal-1512062

We should get him just to prevent him from going to ManU then :P
      We have Ibe, Markovic and Lallana but none has proven that he deserves a starting place. I rate them all but Pedro would be a bargain and he would have a very good re-sale value no matter how bad he plays.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #67: Jul 23, 2015 05:24:55 pm
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #68: Jul 23, 2015 07:39:19 pm
      If we have the money then we have more pressing concerns like LB, DM and goalkeeper.

Not too fussed about goalkeeper or left back (I'm happy with Migs and Bogdan will be enough for the tiny number of games a back-up keeper has to play, and whilst it would be nice to have a left footed backup in LB, Gomez and Wisdom should be fine - if anything Gomez seems remarkably two-footed), but agreed that a DM should be priority over yet another attacking midfielder (even one with more experience playing wide than our others).

Quick Reply