Trending Topics

The Spion Kop - Genuine Piece - Where to auction?? (for charity)

Read 2055 times
      Kaltek3
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      The Spion Kop - Genuine Piece - Where to auction?? (for charity)
      May 27, 2014 03:09:44 pm
      Hi there,

I was just after a bit of advice - the company I work for has done a charity walk (up Snowdon) to raise money for North West Cancer Research.

We have kindly been donated a piece of the Spion Kop (the grounds floor before it was replaced) & it has a certificate of authenticity to go with it.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a suitable place where this can be auctioned off (ebay or something more?) - ALL the money raised will be going to the charity. And a place where I can let people know of the auction. I understand advertising cant take place on here? Hense why I have left the just giving page etc off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks
      Hannah
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Re: The Spion Kop - Genuine Piece - Where to auction?? (for charity)
      Reply #1: May 28, 2014 10:43:51 am
      I was wondering if anyone can suggest a suitable place where this can be auctioned off (ebay or something more?)

I'd be inclined to put it on ebay and try and get some facebook/twitter/wesbites accounts to post a link to it?

They were a fairly popular memento at the time but I'm sure there would be plenty of demand for it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4848 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: The Spion Kop - Genuine Piece - Where to auction?? (for charity)
      Reply #2: May 28, 2014 02:48:09 pm
      Hi there,

I was just after a bit of advice - the company I work for has done a charity walk (up Snowdon) to raise money for North West Cancer Research.

We have kindly been donated a piece of the Spion Kop (the grounds floor before it was replaced) & it has a certificate of authenticity to go with it.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a suitable place where this can be auctioned off (ebay or something more?) - ALL the money raised will be going to the charity. And a place where I can let people know of the auction. I understand advertising cant take place on here? Hense why I have left the just giving page etc off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks
      Hannah

Not too hot on the old Ebay/Auctioning, etc as it is not something that I do but if you point me in the right direction of the Just Giving page I'll throw a tenner in.

Good work!

Quick Reply