Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281983 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1633: Aug 26, 2017 12:21:55 pm
      Just read on twitter that Can has given his word to Juventus to join them next season?..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1634: Aug 26, 2017 10:57:44 pm
      Just read on twitter that Can has given his word to Juventus to join them next season?..

Not good but then again also not good practice from LFC to have allowed this situation to happen.

Probably a 35-40 million £ player about to leave for 0 million.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1635: Aug 27, 2017 05:55:07 pm
      What a commanding performance from Emre. If he continues this form throughout the entire season it would be madness if we let him leave for free next season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1636: Aug 27, 2017 06:49:12 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1637: Aug 27, 2017 09:28:22 pm
      Lock him down to a six year deal asap. He's the real deal!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1638: Aug 27, 2017 09:28:34 pm
      We do not know what is going on behind the scenes but the club need to pull their finger out and stop penny pinching.

They are paying 1 player who is trying to sabotage us and turned his back on his mates and the club north of 150k per week.

Whatever Emre wants just give it to him ffs. He deserves to be among the top earners.

Stop dithering and do your flaming jobs and give him what he wants.

Great performance today.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1639: Aug 27, 2017 09:33:00 pm
      We do not know what is going on behind the scenes but the club need to pull their finger out and stop penny pinching.

They are paying 1 player who is trying to sabotage us and turned his back on his mates and the club north of 150k per week.

Whatever Emre wants just give it to him ffs. He deserves to be among the top earners.

Stop dithering and do your flaming jobs and give him what he wants.

Great performance today.

Don't think it has anything at all to do with money..moreso as Emre is trying to figure out where his long term position at the club is...because let's face it if we had gotten Keita and had Phil also when/where is he going to play.

That being said don't understand his interest in Juve because the same could be said of them..where you going to play?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1640: Aug 27, 2017 11:11:13 pm

Great performance today.

This is the problem that I have when our supporters are called the smartest around.  "Great performance today."  You said it.  Great performance.... today.  Done well so far.... this season.

But since he signed for us he has been inconsistent (at best) including some periods where he has been absolutely dreadful.

But yeah, he's had a couple of good weeks so let's lock him down for another five years, eh?  It's that kind of decision making that got us stuck will all kinds of dead wood over the last few years. 

If we don't sell him before Thursday then he can't sign a pre-contract until January anyway.  So given that he's never been consistent for us, ever, how about we wait and see if he can play well, consistently, week in and week out, until at least October or November?  If he does, great, we can put a new contract in front of him.

If not then we won't have given someone another extension on the back of a few good weeks.

I swear, next Lovren will play well for two weeks and everyone will forget how sh*te he's been and want to sign him to a new contract, too.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1641: Aug 27, 2017 11:24:56 pm

This is the problem that I have when our supporters are called the smartest around.  "Great performance today."  You said it.  Great performance.... today.  Done well so far.... this season.

But since he signed for us he has been inconsistent (at best) including some periods where he has been absolutely dreadful.

But yeah, he's had a couple of good weeks so let's lock him down for another five years, eh?  It's that kind of decision making that got us stuck will all kinds of dead wood over the last few years. 

If we don't sell him before Thursday then he can't sign a pre-contract until January anyway.  So given that he's never been consistent for us, ever, how about we wait and see if he can play well, consistently, week in and week out, until at least October or November?  If he does, great, we can put a new contract in front of him.

If not then we won't have given someone another extension on the back of a few good weeks.

I swear, next Lovren will play well for two weeks and everyone will forget how sh*te he's been and want to sign him to a new contract, too.

Lovren's already locked in for another 5 years. As for Emre, I think he's shown enough at the end of last season and beginning of this to warrant a new contract. £100k a week is becoming the lower end of starting players for the top clubs, he's not asking for much. Leaving it until October / November gives him that time to think what a lovely big payday it will be if he does leave without a fee.

He's realistically a £30m+ player already in this crazy market, if his form continues to improve or just show consistency then that will rise and we'll be letting him go for nothing, stupidity right there imo.

Sign him up, at worst he's a great squad player, at best who knows, he's still only 23.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1642: Aug 27, 2017 11:26:59 pm

Mate he's been good for the past 6 months. He looks the business and is young.

Would be a terrible mistake to let him go in my opinion
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1643: Aug 27, 2017 11:35:32 pm

Without doubt. I think he and Klopp have figured it out and pinned down what position/role he is best at, a #8.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1644: Aug 28, 2017 12:00:29 am
      Just give him the £100k a week he wants as a first teamer

He will only get better and is already playing like a £50M player.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1645: Aug 28, 2017 12:31:02 am
      Hands up -- I gave the lad a lot of stick last season, but he's really kicked it up a notch these last few months.  Hopefully he continues on with this form and we tie him down to a new deal. 
      Kopite78
      Reply #1646: Aug 30, 2017 10:43:27 pm

I think he's such a good player Luke, maybe not quite top level but really really good.
      All being equal in this market he is a 70m midfielder... I would be gutted if he slips away on a free.
      Get him signed up
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1647: Aug 30, 2017 10:47:33 pm

I think he's such a good player Luke, maybe not quite top level but really really good.
      All being equal in this market he is a 70m midfielder... I would be gutted if he slips away on a free.
      Get him signed up

I've been a fan of his for a long time mate, even called him captain material if he sorted this contract out. Only one of our midfielders who really has that consistent presence about him.

£70m is quite a value but a German international is always going to command a strong fee and I do think that Emre's consistency is starting to improve. He finished last season really, really well then started this a touch slow but is getting right back up to speed already.

I'd love us to sort his contract out but with Keita coming in and the contract being about playing time rather than anything else then it'll be down to the incredibly persuasive powers of Jürgen. Although on this one there's that nagging down that Emre has actually already made his mind up, I'll be happy to be proven wrong on that.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1648: Aug 30, 2017 10:50:50 pm
      I've been a fan of his for a long time mate, even called him captain material if he sorted this contract out. Only one of our midfielders who really has that consistent presence about him.

£70m is quite a value but a German international is always going to command a strong fee and I do think that Emre's consistency is starting to improve. He finished last season really, really well then started this a touch slow but is getting right back up to speed already.

I'd love us to sort his contract out but with Keita coming in and the contract being about playing time rather than anything else then it'll be down to the incredibly persuasive powers of Jürgen. Although on this one there's that nagging down that Emre has actually already made his mind up, I'll be happy to be proven wrong on that.

I honestly don't think he knows yet, he seems to love it here but wants assurances on playing time... I think he knows he's in a strong position and is willing to wait until January to see how much he is getting and where.
      If he gets the games and feels a main part I still think he will sign. But time will tell on it.

Really hope he does though
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1649: Aug 31, 2017 10:52:44 am

Well you just sh*t on that cliché didn't you with that post.

A lot of teams would be willing to spend biggish money on Emre and your idea to 'wait until November' could cost us about 30-40 million quid and the services of a very good midfielder.

Scary thing is, the club might actually let it happen.

In this market, players should never be allowed to enter the last year of a contract. Historically, we got bit on the arse with Owen and before that Steve Macca and we don't want to have that done to us again.

Arsenal are the worst for it, so many players with all the power because their contracts are set to expire.

Madness!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1650: Aug 31, 2017 01:52:24 pm
      Can ain't going anywhere, are you f***in kidding me ? now that the Ox has arrived i can see a midfield of .....

......      Chamberlain                       Chamberlain       Emre Can    next season
                Keita              Can       or                           Keita

this season though i think the Ox will be eased in gradually and could be a long term replacement for Henderson, if Lamar comes in too it changes nothing, the point being we need top quality all over and preferably two for each position, i'm thinking that we will have CL football on a regular basis so therefore will need a large squad with quality in abundance allowing us to prosper in both top end competitions, EPL & CL,

not getting ahead of myself here but i think we are seeing the beginnings of a Klopp side that could bring about titles & tin on a regular occurrence including CL titles,  a side far superior to his BvB side ?

YNWA
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1651: Sep 02, 2017 09:12:06 am
      Shame we're not locking him down to a long term contract.

Klopp need's to face realities and start phasing him out if he's not going to commit.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #1652: Sep 02, 2017 11:01:29 am
      Shame we're not locking him down to a long term contract.

Klopp need's to face realities and start phasing him out if he's not going to commit.

This
      Everybody upset at Coutinho but Emre getting no attention for failing to sign a contract in all this time..he's been a starter and Klopp's first choice in midfield even when he was purely sh*t last season and he's complaining about playing time ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1653: Sep 02, 2017 11:50:03 am
      This
      Everybody upset at Coutinho but Emre getting no attention for failing to sign a contract in all this time..he's been a starter and Klopp's first choice in midfield even when he was purely sh*t last season and he's complaining about playing time ?

Hes seeing out his contract and talking about a new one though it looks unlikely. The other yoke recently signed a long term deal only to slut himself to another club.

No comparison at all
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #1654: Sep 02, 2017 12:45:13 pm
      Hes seeing out his contract and talking about a new one though it looks unlikely. The other yoke recently signed a long term deal only to slut himself to another club.

No comparison at all

How is it different ?
      Can refuses to sign a contract so that he can go to Juventus on a free leaving us empty handed after we gave him his breakthrough..at least Coutinho signed a contract giving us leverage and a hefty pay if he eventually wants to leave.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1655: Sep 02, 2017 01:01:47 pm

Have to agree mate. There has to be more, (than just a good sell on price), behind the investment in youth. Or there's no real point [football wise]. 😕

Surely, to F**k, at some point we need to see them flourish in Red... not move them on just as they have learnt their trade and are hitting their prime.

Quick Reply