Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 283427 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1863: Nov 13, 2017 09:02:33 am
      Hearing he wants to join Citeh???

If that's the case, f**k him off to the bench or reserves and give Ejaria a chance.  Reckon this kid is gonna be the bomb, let's get his senior career kick started.

If Can signs for another club in Jan, then he should absolutely be sent to the reserves.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #1864: Nov 13, 2017 12:55:21 pm
      If Can signs for another club in Jan, then he should absolutely be sent to the reserves.

Why?  If we haven't given him a new contract by then it's obvious we don't want to retain him. Why should he be punished when we've made it clear we don't value him enough to re-sign him?

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #1865: Nov 13, 2017 01:18:23 pm
      Who is going to buy him in jan when you can get him for nought in the summer

Bit like us with OX haha
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Reply #1866: Nov 13, 2017 02:00:50 pm
      Why?  If we haven't given him a new contract by then it's obvious we don't want to retain him. Why should he be punished when we've made it clear we don't value him enough to re-sign him?

Because we did offer him a contract.

We need to build for the future and it’s counterproductive using Can if he’s going to leave anyway.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1867: Nov 13, 2017 04:53:12 pm
      I would have a final meeting with him, tell him what will he do and I would play him or not depending on his answer. I would not play him anymore if he's going to make pressure on him since there is the World Cup.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1868: Nov 13, 2017 05:17:23 pm
      We couldn't force him to sign for that club though could we?

He can sign a pre contract with whoever he likes in January
      Why would he sign for a club he doesn't want just because we accept a bid?

In that case why don't all players just run down their contracts and get a huge signing on bonus at their next club?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1869: Nov 13, 2017 05:47:48 pm
      In that case why don't all players just run down their contracts and get a huge signing on bonus at their next club?

Because that's completely different
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1870: Nov 13, 2017 05:54:50 pm
      I've thought he was leaving on a free for a long time. While we heard the usual tweets that "we're not too worried" and "there's plenty of time yet", allowing his contract to get to this point is a huge mistake by the club.

Giving him a release clause may allow others to demand the same and that's clearly what we're trying to avoid here but we're going to pay around £40m for that privilege now.

This one has struck me as very strange because of all the things I would have thought FSG would have been protective over it would be avoiding losing an asset for free. It doesn't make sense at all and to me it just seems like both camps were standing in their positions and not budging, the problem being is that Emre's camp had everything to gain in leaving for free, we had everything to lose in financial terms.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1871: Nov 14, 2017 01:56:41 pm
      Because that's completely different

How? I mean seriously why don't players do this, there is no obligation for them to sign a new contract, they get paid until the current one finishes then can command a huge sign on bonus, from a players point of view it's win win as long as they don't care about the previous club's fans hating them.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1872: Nov 14, 2017 03:17:59 pm
      I've thought he was leaving on a free for a long time. While we heard the usual tweets that "we're not too worried" and "there's plenty of time yet", allowing his contract to get to this point is a huge mistake by the club.

Giving him a release clause may allow others to demand the same and that's clearly what we're trying to avoid here but we're going to pay around £40m for that privilege now.

This one has struck me as very strange because of all the things I would have thought FSG would have been protective over it would be avoiding losing an asset for free. It doesn't make sense at all and to me it just seems like both camps were standing in their positions and not budging, the problem being is that Emre's camp had everything to gain in leaving for free, we had everything to lose in financial terms.

I don't now how accurate it is, but I read somewhere that the amount of the release clause is the real issue.

His agent wants the figure to be low, so rather than set a precedent, the club is refusing to cave on it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1873: Nov 14, 2017 04:00:09 pm

Why? We are the ones not meeting what he wants in order to sign a new deal.
      We are also no strangers to signing a player on a pre-contract either, we done it with Matip. Schalke didn’t leave him to rot in the reserves for the rest of the season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1874: Nov 14, 2017 04:40:33 pm
      Why? We are the ones not meeting what he wants in order to sign a new deal.
      We are also no strangers to signing a player on a pre-contract either, we done it with Matip. Schalke didn’t leave him to rot in the reserves for the rest of the season.

Keita ?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 1076 
      Reply #1875: Nov 14, 2017 06:54:24 pm
      I commend LFC for sticking to their guns and not giving in to Emre. I say if he doesn't meet OUR terms than let him walk and sign Goretzka. I would rather have him anyway. Benny will come into the first team for Couts and Keita will slide in as the MF maestro. Call me crazy but if this is how it worked out I would be happy.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #1876: Nov 14, 2017 10:13:36 pm
      Don’t think we’ll miss him to be fair.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1877: Nov 14, 2017 10:52:55 pm
      Won't be going into too much about the player as the likelihood is this is agents ruining contract negotiations as usual. Worst part of the game are these rot bags, bet Juve will slap on a nice agents fee to their contract and Can will be signed up in no time even without a release fee in his contract.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1878: Nov 30, 2017 06:29:03 pm
      Yesterday, he played good and tried his best to protect the defense. I think that he has still a chance to sign a contract. I'm don't he will but still has a chance because if not Klopp would not play him.

The issue with him is that he is a good player but hasn't improved a lot.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #1879: Dec 01, 2017 06:24:15 am
      I commend LFC for sticking to their guns and not giving in to Emre. I say if he doesn't meet OUR terms than let him walk and sign Goretzka. I would rather have him anyway. Benny will come into the first team for Couts and Keita will slide in as the MF maestro. Call me crazy but if this is how it worked out I would be happy.

Apart from the ten or twenty mill we don't receive in transfer fee!!
      If we had an inkling he wasn't going to sign a contract, we should ofvsold him on in the summer.

Same type of F**k up that saw Macca walk away for F**k all and Owen for virtually F**k all!!
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,696 posts | 880 
      Reply #1880: Dec 01, 2017 09:36:48 am
      Get rid.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1881: Dec 01, 2017 01:42:06 pm
      Apart from the ten or twenty mill we don't receive in transfer fee!!
      If we had an inkling he wasn't going to sign a contract, we should ofvsold him on in the summer.

Same type of F**k up that saw Macca walk away for F**k all and Owen for virtually F**k all!!

Thinking about it though, he signs a contract for the reported £100,000 a week he wants, plus agent fee and signing fee... probably a loyalty bonus in his old contract too and no guarantee we will even get an offer...

I don't know how much we actually lose letting him go on a free vs signing a new deal and selling
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1882: Dec 06, 2017 10:13:27 pm
      His best performance of the season, clearly way ahead of Henderson as a No 6.

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1883: Dec 13, 2017 09:53:32 pm
      Foul machine
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1884: Dec 13, 2017 09:58:38 pm
      His best performance of the season, clearly way ahead of Henderson as a No 6.

Still agree?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1885: Dec 13, 2017 10:18:08 pm

Quick Reply