Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 283650 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1909: Dec 23, 2017 02:18:10 pm
      Can is about the same as Wijnuldum for me....meh.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1910: Dec 23, 2017 08:47:36 pm
      Can is about the same as Wijnuldum for me....meh.

Agreed. Though I'd put him ahead of Wijnaldum. Wijnaldum has done jack sh*t all season, just a passenger for 95% of the season. Offers nothing at all. At least Can will weigh in the with odd goal and assist.
      7DocUnleashed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 10 
      Reply #1911: Dec 24, 2017 12:17:56 am

I think his head is already in Juventus.

Not tracking back? Lazy arse!! I did see glimpses of brilliance once, but its been a while.

Let him go.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #1912: Dec 27, 2017 09:51:33 am
      I think his head is already in Juventus.

Not tracking back? Lazy arse!! I did see glimpses of brilliance once, but its been a while.

Let him go.

Agree, I personally think that Marko Grujic has the potential to be better than Can anyway.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1913: Dec 30, 2017 05:10:05 pm
      Had audio commentary, couldn't watch it, but I lost track of the times the commentators said careless by Can, or derivations of such.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1914: Dec 30, 2017 05:11:54 pm
      Had audio commentary, couldn't watch it, but I lost track of the times the commentators said careless by Can, or derivations of such.

In the first half it was one of the worst I've seen a midfielder play in a red shirt. Improved slightly in the second.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1915: Dec 30, 2017 05:15:46 pm
      He did well not to get sent off,was waiting for a clumsy bump tackle to get called.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1916: Dec 30, 2017 05:18:20 pm
      Going to go out on a limb and say, when he leaves on a free, we aren't going to miss him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1917: Dec 30, 2017 06:01:32 pm
      Did anyone else think Can was more at fault for the goal than Matip, or am I stupid? I really think a better midfielder would've anticipated that pass (ffs, even I saw it early). Yeah, Matip could have cleared it or back to GK, but he is a forward thinking defender that is good in possession, and the mistake by him was more in trusting Can to move into that area of space than the pass imo.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1918: Dec 30, 2017 06:04:07 pm
      Going to go out on a limb and say, when he leaves on a free, we aren't going to miss him.

I'm surprised Juve even want him.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1919: Dec 30, 2017 06:04:26 pm
      Did anyone else think Can was more at fault for the goal than Matip, or am I stupid? I really think a better midfielder would've anticipated that pass (ffs, even I saw it early). Yeah, Matip could have cleared it or back to GK, but he is a forward thinking defender that is good in possession, and the mistake by him was more in trusting Can to move into that area of space than the pass imo.

He showed no awareness of passing lanes. Matip cannot get the ball to him from where he is standing. Like him or not Henderson would not have made that mistake, he would be there for a simple pass and most likely have laid the ball onto someone else with a simple pass of his own. Perfect example that there is a place for simple football, and Can can't play simple football, he's all about the Hollywood touches and passes.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1920: Dec 30, 2017 06:11:44 pm

That is a perplexing one for me, as well. But today reenforces my thought that we can just let him leave. Physical talent, but his football brain and work ethic are not good enough.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1921: Dec 30, 2017 06:12:40 pm
      Pedestrian for 18 months bar a good 6 weeks in Feb / March.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1922: Dec 30, 2017 06:16:14 pm

Think he’ll do better in Italy, besides they’ll get him for free.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1923: Dec 30, 2017 09:11:22 pm
      Think he’ll do better in Italy, besides they’ll get him for free.

He will be great in Italy where he will have more time on the ball than he does in England.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1924: Dec 30, 2017 09:26:47 pm
      He's a bit like Lovren to me. Both infuriate me quite frequently but both have decent attributes and on occasion contribute well to the team. They would be two good squad options. Can in particular is a bit versatile as well, so having him on the bench, or playing the odd game due to rotation, is something I'd be ok with.

They're both used to being first team players though, and probably wouldn't be happy under those circumstances. So I believe Dejan will be moved on, and Can will leave of his own choice. It's not like I'll be too bothered about it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1925: Dec 31, 2017 04:02:30 am
      Which top side looks at his career here and is willing to give him a starting spot?

Needs a lot of work.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #1926: Dec 31, 2017 07:23:57 am
      It's a funny one because for the last couple of years I've felt that Can was one of the most overrated players at the club, some of the plaudits he used to get had me scratching my head but on the flip side he is probably getting it in the neck now because of the contract situation. For me he is a very steady player who often gives a 7/10 performance but rarely much better than that (much inline with our other CMs). It'll be a shame to lose him for free because in this crazy market I'd anticipate you could get £25-30 million for him as bonkers as that is.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #1927: Dec 31, 2017 11:25:45 am
      Always thought he should of got a good run in that holding role but not to be. I think Can will rip it up in serie A. I've watched a few games from the Italian league and it's probably the slowest league I've seen so it it would suit Can down to the ground.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1928: Dec 31, 2017 11:47:23 am

Gonna be honest, wouldn't blame Can for the goal at all.
      Regardless of Can's position, the pass was not on, so Matip shouldn't make it, go back to the keeper if needed, Leicester were pressing very high, needed to be more careful.
      Was Matip for me, not just for the pass, but also being slow to recover and pick up Vardy.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1929: Dec 31, 2017 11:51:50 am

Gonna be honest, wouldn't blame Can for the goal at all.
      Regardless of Can's position, the pass was not on, so Matip shouldn't make it, go back to the keeper if needed, Leicester were pressing very high, needed to be more careful.
      Was Matip for me, not just for the pass, but also being slow to recover and pick up Vardy.

Eh, yeah I'd agree with bmck. Definitely think Matip was more at fault. Not to mention he didn't even attempt to put himself into a position to recover the ball once he realised his pass went wayward - perhaps he expected better cover, I don't know.

In any case, CBs are charged with playing simple, safe passes. That's why people worried when Sakho went on one of his mad little runs. If CBs make a bad pass or are caught out of position (Matip was guilty of both yesterday), then it's down to them to do what they can to rectify the situation.

Matip will grow and improve. It's fine. Luckily, it didn't cost us the game.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #1930: Jan 05, 2018 10:22:54 am
      Looks like he's off

According to Sky Italia he agreed a deal with Juve to join them in the summer.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1931: Jan 05, 2018 10:25:30 am
      Looks like he's off

According to Sky Italia he agreed a deal with Juve to join them in the summer.

On a free or do we get money, if on a free then I'd offer him up for everyone this window start a bidding war.

Quick Reply