Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 283589 times
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1978: Jan 15, 2018 01:03:19 am
      I thought Can, Gini, and Robbo were the main differences today. And in fact, after Can was taken off (due to his illness apparently) our pressing game suffered and we conceded 2 goals in succession. It's also worth a mention that Can was the only player who played the full 90 minutes in all of our last 5 games before today.
      If he and Gini can play like that every game, not just against the big guns, then surely they both would deserve a spot in our squad. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1979: Jan 15, 2018 07:29:56 am
      I gave him my MOTM.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1980: Jan 15, 2018 07:32:50 am
      He was class and it was no coincidence momentum swung when he was subbed.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1981: Jan 15, 2018 07:51:21 am
      Was on it last night, really enjoyed watching him get stuck in..

Would be a mistake to allow him to leave..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1982: Jan 15, 2018 01:19:35 pm
      That's 5 games in a row won with him playing in his preferred position.

Coincidence........maybe .
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1983: Jan 15, 2018 01:27:49 pm
      Played well yesterday, why does he want to leave us , hope he doesn't
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1984: Jan 15, 2018 01:51:46 pm
      He deserves a good pay rise but if he is not willing to take and plays like that till the end of the season I would play him every game until his form takes a nose dive.

He's playing very well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,230 posts | 6356 
      Reply #1985: Jan 15, 2018 04:59:19 pm
      Some speculation that this picture means Can signed his contract....

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1986: Jan 15, 2018 05:04:26 pm
      That'd be good news.

Be like a new signing ...  :f_run:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #1987: Jan 15, 2018 06:39:58 pm
      Heā€™s staying, and if he plays the number 6 the way he did last night than itā€™s awesome. This is good news
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1988: Jan 15, 2018 07:13:16 pm
      Some speculation that this picture means Can signed his contract....

The other narrative is that dressing room pictures are banned, and a fine is imposed if a picture is taken.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1989: Jan 15, 2018 08:07:40 pm
      If only he would put in the same effort playing against the smaller teams as he does when playing the big teams. Whenever we're playing a side lower on the table he just jogs around looking uninterested like it's all too easy for him. All his best performances have come in high pressure games against big teams.

That's 5 games in a row won with him playing in his preferred position.

Coincidence........maybe .

When Henderson was out in the second half of last season, he had a great run in that position too and we won quite a few games in succession too I think. Also remember him bossing several other games the season before that against for example Villareal at home in the Europa League where he was outstanding.

He has everything to become a monster of a midfielder, just needs to keep his head in the game and cut out the poor positional play he regularly has as that's vital to him playing his preferred position and the main reason why he doesn't always start in that position under Klopp I think.

I'd be very happy if he decides to stay, we need a strong squad and he's a great option to have.

The other narrative is that dressing room pictures are banned, and a fine is imposed if a picture is taken.

Not sure why Moreno would use the "fistbump" emote for someone who is about to get a fine for taking a dressing room picture? Or am I wrong to think you'd usually use that to congratulate someone on something?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1990: Jan 15, 2018 10:45:51 pm
      If only he would put in the same effort playing against the smaller teams as he does when playing the big teams. Whenever we're playing a side lower on the table he just jogs around looking uninterested like it's all too easy for him. All his best performances have come in high pressure games against big teams.

When Henderson was out in the second half of last season, he had a great run in that position too and we won quite a few games in succession too I think. Also remember him bossing several other games the season before that against for example Villareal at home in the Europa League where he was outstanding.

He has everything to become a monster of a midfielder, just needs to keep his head in the game and cut out the poor positional play he regularly has as that's vital to him playing his preferred position and the main reason why he doesn't always start in that position under Klopp I think.

I'd be very happy if he decides to stay, we need a strong squad and he's a great option to have.

Not sure why Moreno would use the "fistbump" emote for someone who is about to get a fine for taking a dressing room picture? Or am I wrong to think you'd usually use that to congratulate someone on something?

Not sure myself. Sturridge did leave ā€œfineā€ as another comment though.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1991: Jan 15, 2018 11:09:43 pm
      Emre Can on his contract saga and how Liverpool sent out a message to European rivals

Reds midfielder says his future remains uncertain amid talk of a move to Italy

Emre Can says heā€™s still involved in contract discussions with Liverpool as he dismissed suggestions that heā€™s already agreed to join Juventus this summer.

The Germany international insists he has yet to make a decision about his future but confirmed that he wonā€™t be going anywhere during the current window.

Can, who will be a free agent at the end of the season, has so far resisted the Redsā€™ attempts to convince him to pen a new deal. The 24-year-old's agent has been demanding a release clause which Liverpool arenā€™t prepared to sanction.

During the stand-off Can has been heavily linked with a move to Juventus with speculation in Italy that heā€™s on the brink of signing a pre-contract agreement with the Serie A outfit.

However, Can has given Kopites hope that he could remain at Anfield beyond this season.

ā€œMy agent is looking after everything but I am here until the summer,ā€ Can said.

ā€œI havenā€™t signed anything (with Juventus) or anyone. I am talking with everyone.

ā€œOf course I am talking with Liverpool. I still have a contract here. It is an amazing club. What can I say? My agent does the rest.

ā€œI just concentrate on the season, on my performance and the football. I will give everything for this team.ā€

Can overcame illness to deliver arguably his best performance of the season in Sundayā€™s thrilling 4-3 victory over Manchester City. The former Bayer Leverkusen midfielder hailed it as the kind of combative and classy team display which will make the Redsā€™ Champions League rivals sit up and take notice.

ā€œIt was unbelievable,ā€ he said.

ā€œLook at how we pressed, I think it was the best game. We played against Manchester City, you donā€™t have to forget that! We were always on the front foot, everyone pressing and everyone doing a brilliant job. I donā€™t know how many kilometres we ran...

ā€œIf the teams saw us playing like that, they will give us a lot of respect and we will take a lot of confidence.

ā€œWe donā€™t have to pick one player out. Every single player performed and did an amazing job. Teams watching our performance will think ā€˜oh wow!ā€™ They will see we are a strong side but itā€™s just one game and we have to keep going. Itā€™s Swansea next.ā€

Can admits it was important for Liverpool to prove they can shine without Philippe Coutinho following his recent Ā£142million move to Barcelona. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was tasked with filling the void against Man City and the England international rose to the occasion - scoring the first and creating the second for Robert Firmino.

ā€œPhil is a world class player but in the past we played a lot of games without him that were very good. Against City it was the same,ā€ Can added.

ā€œOf course we will miss him. We will miss his goals, we will miss him as a team-mate and as a guy but we have to keep going.

ā€œAlex was brilliant. He played all his life as a winger but against Man City he played as a No 8 and you could see he is an amazing player. Heā€™s quick, heā€™s strong in tackles and he can score goals.ā€

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/emre-can-contract-saga-how-14159126?service=responsive#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

So, still in talks. Seems weird that, if Juve really want him, they havenā€™t signed him yet as they could still lose him to another team.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #1992: Jan 15, 2018 11:21:59 pm
      Whatever becomes of him, yesterdaywas by far the best heā€™s performed for us. We didnā€™t look like conceding a second goal until he was taken off.
      Iā€™m not a lover of Can, but if he could perform like that most weeks, Iā€™d love him to stay !
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1993: Jan 15, 2018 11:22:10 pm
      Emre Can on his contract saga and how Liverpool sent out a message to European rivals

Reds midfielder says his future remains uncertain amid talk of a move to Italy

Emre Can says heā€™s still involved in contract discussions with Liverpool as he dismissed suggestions that heā€™s already agreed to join Juventus this summer.

The Germany international insists he has yet to make a decision about his future but confirmed that he wonā€™t be going anywhere during the current window.

Can, who will be a free agent at the end of the season, has so far resisted the Redsā€™ attempts to convince him to pen a new deal. The 24-year-old's agent has been demanding a release clause which Liverpool arenā€™t prepared to sanction.

During the stand-off Can has been heavily linked with a move to Juventus with speculation in Italy that heā€™s on the brink of signing a pre-contract agreement with the Serie A outfit.

However, Can has given Kopites hope that he could remain at Anfield beyond this season.

ā€œMy agent is looking after everything but I am here until the summer,ā€ Can said.

ā€œI havenā€™t signed anything (with Juventus) or anyone. I am talking with everyone.

ā€œOf course I am talking with Liverpool. I still have a contract here. It is an amazing club. What can I say? My agent does the rest.

ā€œI just concentrate on the season, on my performance and the football. I will give everything for this team.ā€

Can overcame illness to deliver arguably his best performance of the season in Sundayā€™s thrilling 4-3 victory over Manchester City. The former Bayer Leverkusen midfielder hailed it as the kind of combative and classy team display which will make the Redsā€™ Champions League rivals sit up and take notice.

ā€œIt was unbelievable,ā€ he said.

ā€œLook at how we pressed, I think it was the best game. We played against Manchester City, you donā€™t have to forget that! We were always on the front foot, everyone pressing and everyone doing a brilliant job. I donā€™t know how many kilometres we ran...

ā€œIf the teams saw us playing like that, they will give us a lot of respect and we will take a lot of confidence.

ā€œWe donā€™t have to pick one player out. Every single player performed and did an amazing job. Teams watching our performance will think ā€˜oh wow!ā€™ They will see we are a strong side but itā€™s just one game and we have to keep going. Itā€™s Swansea next.ā€

Can admits it was important for Liverpool to prove they can shine without Philippe Coutinho following his recent Ā£142million move to Barcelona. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was tasked with filling the void against Man City and the England international rose to the occasion - scoring the first and creating the second for Robert Firmino.

ā€œPhil is a world class player but in the past we played a lot of games without him that were very good. Against City it was the same,ā€ Can added.

ā€œOf course we will miss him. We will miss his goals, we will miss him as a team-mate and as a guy but we have to keep going.

ā€œAlex was brilliant. He played all his life as a winger but against Man City he played as a No 8 and you could see he is an amazing player. Heā€™s quick, heā€™s strong in tackles and he can score goals.ā€

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/emre-can-contract-saga-how-14159126?service=responsive#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

So, still in talks. Seems weird that, if Juve really want him, they havenā€™t signed him yet as they could still lose him to another team.

If he leaves some might slate him or say good riddance, that being said remember that he could have mailed it in just like Coutinho but he's giving it his all and that is why the manager picks him.

If he leaves he leaves but this is how a professional should act.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1994: Jan 15, 2018 11:27:04 pm
      If he leaves some might slate him or say good riddance, that being said remember that he could have mailed it in just like Coutinho but he's giving it his all and that is why the manager picks him.

Can't say Coutinho didn't give his all. He was phenomenal when he played this season.

If Emre stays, so be it, but he needs to play like that more often to be worthy of a regular spot in this side. Otherwise he's just a solid rotational player.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1995: Jan 15, 2018 11:29:01 pm

Agree, I donā€™t see anything wrong with him seeing out his contract, heā€™s being honest about what he wants, as long as he acts professionally until his last day at the club Iā€™m fine.

One could think that he wants to stay here, but I donā€™t see FSG giving him a release clause and he probably knows that so maybe he is now looking for more money now.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1996: Jan 15, 2018 11:36:18 pm
      Can't say Coutinho didn't give his all. He was phenomenal when he played this season.

Crouch I think the idea of "When he played this season" says it all...its why the manager let him go because he could no longer trust him to give 100% to the club.

Don't thin Emre is a world beater but he's been straight up, done his job and you hear no moaning about his attitude or application.

Model pro attitude.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1997: Jan 16, 2018 01:27:42 am
      Mentioned Can in a City match thread post.
      Was awesome.

Gave Robertson my MOTM but Can was more than in with a shout.
      More tackles put than any other player yesterday.

Think that linking up with VVD will be a revelation with both of them on the park.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1998: Jan 16, 2018 07:00:23 am
      Agree, I donā€™t see anything wrong with him seeing out his contract, heā€™s being honest about what he wants, as long as he acts professionally until his last day at the club Iā€™m fine.

One could think that he wants to stay here, but I donā€™t see FSG giving him a release clause and he probably knows that so maybe he is now looking for more money now.

I say give me him more money. Klopp obviously rates him highly.

He is worth a proper contract as the City performance shows. Thereā€™s a good chance heā€™ll be in the first team for Germany in the World Cup too and weā€™re letting him go for free?

As someone else just mentioned, he could link up very well with VVD.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1999: Jan 16, 2018 09:20:07 pm
      Interesting :

On the Twitter feed with Lovren  where  double guessing is going on re Can's possible contract extension .... who is the one with the all the money  Emojies  declaring         KERCHING ! ! !

Money centric Sturridge.
      Who else?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2000: Jan 17, 2018 03:41:17 pm
      Just seen this on twitter:

BREAKING: Emre Can visited well respected Turkish restaurant on Lark Lane in Liverpool called Belly

Was asked by another customer if he leaving #LFC

His reply was ā€œno i think im stayingā€.

Indy Kalia is a bad gobs***e. But it didn't half tickle me that.

Quick Reply