Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 283329 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #2208: Apr 30, 2018 12:52:56 pm
      Gazzetta Dello sport claiming Juve deal will be announced after the final on 26th May.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2018 01:18:52 pm by HScRed1 »
      alinagrenko
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #2209: Apr 30, 2018 01:00:06 pm
      It is unfortunate that Emre still leaves the club. The guy whose eyes were burning ...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2210: Apr 30, 2018 01:28:54 pm
      Gazzetta Dello sport claiming Juve deal will be announced after the final on 26th May.

From a team in the last 4 and currently set for final of the Champions League, he is showing massive ambition to go and play in a weaker and slower league dominated by the same team year after year now. Yep, great career move, sure it’s not to do with that massive amount of money at all.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #2211: Apr 30, 2018 01:51:57 pm
      Oh well we just have to replace him with a higher quality player and move on.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2212: Apr 30, 2018 02:43:40 pm
      Oh well we just have to replace him with a higher quality player and move on.

Exactly, he is a good player but we can do better than that. We need world class.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #2213: Apr 30, 2018 10:04:18 pm
      Exactly, he is a good player but we can do better than that. We need world class.

Ruben Neves mate. Ruben Neves. ;)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2214: May 01, 2018 06:49:12 am

Still early mate :(
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2215: May 01, 2018 08:30:44 am
      F**k away off Emre
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2216: May 01, 2018 09:16:42 am
      Is he going to be magically fit the day after the season ends? What exactly is his injury?
      Kopite78
      Reply #2217: May 01, 2018 09:31:27 am
      Is he going to be magically fit the day after the season ends? What exactly is his injury?

Back injury

But as an opposite to Coutinho I don't believe for a minute he's faking it and missing out on a potential cl medal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2218: May 01, 2018 10:01:11 am
      Back injury

But as an opposite to Coutinho I don't believe for a minute he's faking it and missing out on a potential cl medal.

Yeah because no one has ever used back injury as a bullshit excuse to fake an injury have they?  If he wanted to play he could play, just take some painkillers, get some deep tissue massages etc.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2219: May 01, 2018 10:28:50 am
      Yeah because no one has ever used back injury as a bullshit excuse to fake an injury have they?  If he wanted to play he could play, just take some painkillers, get some deep tissue massages etc.

You look for the worst in every situation you
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2220: May 01, 2018 12:34:49 pm
      Juve are doing a typical Italian deal.  Horrible and no consideration for any party but themselves.  The theory of a successful negotiation is a win-win, meaning both parties gain.   Not with the Italians, win-kill.  Can should realise that they are giving a bad name.  But so far it seems that they haven't bullied him in signing. 

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2221: May 02, 2018 09:57:09 am
      Could have helped us out in midfield and showed Roma what the Italian League is getting next season but na sits out with a bullshit back injury. F**k off Emre!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2222: May 02, 2018 11:31:52 am
      Juve are doing a typical Italian deal.  Horrible and no consideration for any party but themselves.  The theory of a successful negotiation is a win-win, meaning both parties gain.   Not with the Italians, win-kill.  Can should realise that they are giving a bad name.  But so far it seems that they haven't bullied him in signing. 

I don't understand the point here? Juve don't have to negotiate with ourselves, that's our own fault for letting him run down his contract. The negotiation is between Juve and the player, and if he goes there it's because he's happy with the terms offered so a win for both (and only) sides of that negotiation.

I can only see the point if you believe Can is faking the injury, in which case I must say I find that highly unlikely, we're talking about a Champions League semifinal and possibly final he could play, on top of this being a World Cup season and he still needs to fight for his place on a plane to Russia.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2223: May 02, 2018 12:20:49 pm
      My point is it seems to me that Can wants to sort this out at the end of the season.  But Juve have been trying everything to get him to sign on that dotted line. Trying different tricks like we are walking a way after a week, 10 days and so on.  It is in the best interest for our club that he does any deal after the season is over, OK we don't have any power in the matter, but should it be respected.   The thing is though they should be respecting the position of Can with our fans. 

Diego I don't think the club really messed.  The way I've interpreted it that first season he was used as a utility player a defender manly wasn't really at the level required but was part of a very poor defence.  2nd Season was put in midfield he showed some signs but then in the third season we was it seems couldn't strike a deal and it has dragged on.  But some times it can get difficult if player make it difficult especially when the clock is ticking.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2224: May 02, 2018 12:27:05 pm
      They are dirty Italian tricks these lot are the lowest of the lowest of scums when it comes to making deals in football.   I hope Can doesn't go to them.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2225: May 02, 2018 12:37:49 pm
      They are dirty Italian tricks these lot are the lowest of the lowest of scums when it comes to making deals in football.   I hope Can doesn't go to them.

what is their crime wanting to sign a good player for free?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2226: May 02, 2018 01:11:28 pm
      Regardless of my views on Emre the player - mixed by the way - why on earth would he feign injury and lock himself out of a quarter, semi and potentially a final in the biggest tourney in the world?

It makes literally no sense.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2227: May 02, 2018 01:19:29 pm
      Regardless of my views on Emre the player - mixed by the way - why on earth would he feign injury and lock himself out of a quarter, semi and potentially a final in the biggest tourney in the world?

It makes literally no sense.

Mental that people think that isn't it
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #2228: May 02, 2018 04:54:03 pm
      Emre Can... More like Emre Can't...

Decent player nothing more. Won't lose a nights sleep over him!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2229: May 02, 2018 07:22:14 pm

what is their crime wanting to sign a good player for free?

NO crime whatsoever.  But to me it seems that Can doesn't want to make his decision until the end of the season.   And they seem to be trying to force him.  They always play dirty tactics. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2230: May 04, 2018 02:00:20 pm
      So Klopp saying we find out Monday if he can start training again.

Would welcome him back at this point even for the extra body and option in midfield.

Quick Reply