Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 282004 times
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #2254: May 06, 2018 02:32:24 pm
      If he is fit, heā€™ll bench, there is no way Klopp will put him in the starting eleven for the final.

Hopefully both Can and Lallana will be available, given how thin our squad is them playing even 15 minutes  could be the difference between winning and losing, I totally agree with Scottbotā€™s post above.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2255: May 06, 2018 02:34:56 pm
      Of course Can would love to play in the CL final who wouldn't . He has had all season to agree and sign a contract and has stalled and is moving on a free to Juve which is the worst kept secret in football.  If I lost my place to Can in the final knowing he was leaving I would be well miffed and the best Can will hope for is a seat on the bench along with Lallana who again will be drastically short of game time.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2256: May 06, 2018 07:50:26 pm
      When you decide to leave your current employer as Can has done  then some diminishing of commitment is usual and no matter what he says you cannot go into a CL final knowing your off to pastures new and its entirely your own choice.
      He has had all season to commit his future to Liverpool but he has clearly never wanted to be here next year. His reasons are his own but I wouldn't want someone sitting next to me in the most important game of my career knowing he will be off like a shot come the final whistle.

Keegan done alright in 77!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2257: May 06, 2018 08:16:14 pm

Keegans deal was done at the beginning of the season everyone new what was happening and it gave us a season to find his replacement.
      Witb Can we still don't really know what he wants and this is the bit that gets right on my tits he is playing with the club and they should have sold his arse at the beginning of the season.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2258: May 06, 2018 09:29:58 pm
      Keegans deal was done at the beginning of the season everyone new what was happening and it gave us a season to find his replacement.
      Witb Can we still don't really know what he wants and this is the bit that gets right on my tits he is playing with the club and they should have sold his arse at the beginning of the season.

Obviously the game has changed a bit since then but my point was around the commitment side of things. I don't think he'll play any part in the final but if he were too I would not question his effort levels in the game, not based on his performances earlier this season.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2259: May 07, 2018 10:30:42 am
      Keegan did us a favor by giving a full seasons notice that he was leaving,also it should be remembered that we got 500 thousand quid for him from Hanover.That money enabled us to buy Kenny Dalglish fo 450 thousand quid so we got a better player and 50 thousand quid bonus.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2260: May 08, 2018 11:42:07 am
      Any news if he is back training this week?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2261: May 08, 2018 06:39:38 pm
      Any news if he is back training this week?

Think Klopp gave them 2/3 days off before Brighton.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2262: May 11, 2018 02:35:22 am
      Doesnā€™t look like heā€™ll be back for the final, best case scenario heā€™ll have less than 2 weeks to get match fitness.
      Liverpool midfielder Emre Can losing fight to feature in Champions League final
      iverpool midfielder Emre Can is losing his fight to feature in the Champions League final.

Can underwent a scan on his back injury on Monday, but the results were inconclusive and he will have further tests in the hope of a return to training next week.

The 24-year-old is still in Germany undergoing treatment and had hoped to receive the green light to start his comeback to force his way into JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s squad for the final against Real Madrid on May 26.

That was not possible. He will not return to Merseyside until next Monday at the earliest. Even if he could resume training then, that would give him only two weeks to prove his match fitness before Liverpool meet Zinedine Zidane's side.

Speaking last Friday, manager JĆ¼rgen Klopp had suggested the most recent scan would be decisive.

That was not possible. He will not return to Merseyside until next Monday at the earliest. Even if he could resume training then, that would give him only two weeks to prove his match fitness before Liverpool meet Zinedine Zidane's side.

Speaking last Friday, manager JĆ¼rgen Klopp had suggested the most recent scan would be decisive.

It leaves Klopp with only three fit senior midfielders for the remaining two games ā€“ Jordan Henderson, James Milner and Gini Wijnaldum. Should Chelsea defeat Huddersfield tonight, Liverpool must beat Brighton this weekend to secure a top-four finish.

Can, meanwhile, looks to have worn the Liverpool shirt for the last time. His contract runs out this summer and it has long-been anticipated he will join Juventus.

His reticence to commit the next stage of his career to Anfield is surprising given the teamā€™s development and how much faith Klopp has in him, especially as there is uncertainty surrounding the future of Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri - who is high on Arsenal's wanted list.

Contract talks reached an impasse because the player wanted an exit clause in his deal, which Liverpool would not agree. The club has left the door open for more talks until such time Can's decision is final.

Liverpool will have to alter their transfer plans accordingly in the event of Canā€™s departure, pursuing more midfield reinforcements despite the imminent arrival of Naby Keita.

https://www.telegram.co.uk/football/2018/05/09/liverpool-midfielder-emre-can-losing-fight-feature-champions/

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,639 posts | 449 
      Reply #2263: May 13, 2018 01:15:47 am
      English term ā€œscanā€, means what we call a MRI here in US right?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2264: May 13, 2018 07:58:34 pm
      Scan isnā€™t an English term is it? MRI is a type of scan, much like CT scan and X-ray.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2265: May 14, 2018 12:49:22 pm
      I didnā€™t see him on the lap of honour yesterday. Auf Wiedersehen Emre
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2266: May 14, 2018 04:44:49 pm
      I didnā€™t see him on the lap of honour yesterday. Auf Wiedersehen Emre

He's in Germany getting rehab on his back.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #2267: May 15, 2018 12:59:40 pm
      Surprisingly (some are shocked) he has not been named in the Germany provisional world cup squad even though he has featured quite often.

Maybe his injury is a little more serious than expected.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2268: May 15, 2018 01:19:53 pm
      Surprisingly (some are shocked) he has not been named in the Germany provisional world cup squad even though he has featured quite often.

Maybe his injury is a little more serious than expected.

So I guess it was true that he was really injured. Must be gutting for him to miss the CL finals and World cup.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2269: May 15, 2018 02:58:38 pm
      So I guess it was true that he was really injured. Must be gutting for him to miss the CL finals and World cup.

Or maybe Low has just decided not to take a squad player who hasnā€™t played football in what, 10 weeks?
      Kopite78
      Reply #2270: May 15, 2018 03:02:41 pm

Or maybe Low has just decided not to take a squad player who hasnā€™t played football in what, 10 weeks?

Who hasn't played because of injury 🙄
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #2271: May 15, 2018 03:17:27 pm
      Who hasn't played because of injury 🙄

All part of his dastardly plot to get a move to Juventus.......that heā€™s been  free to make since January 🙄
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2272: May 15, 2018 04:10:09 pm

Scan isnā€™t an English term is it? MRI is a type of scan, much like CT scan and X-ray.

'Scan' will refer to MRI, they show soft tissue damage with a much greater detail than a plain CT.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2273: May 16, 2018 01:00:42 pm
      Despite the contract saga with us, I'm still gutted for the lad for missing CL final and world cup. He's improved a lot and played well for us, I rate him higher than Hendo and would prefer to keep him. If he leaves, I'd shake his hand and say thanks. If he stays, and I hope he does, he'll only improve our team.

Ps: on another note, there was a bit of class act from Emre this week. I hate politicizing anything, but the vile mass murdering, mafioso dictator of Turkey, Erdogan, is visiting UK this week. The chumps and the cheap opportunistic gyppos like Ozil, Gundogan and Tosun have rushed to his invitation for photo opportunities to honour "their dear president". Emre refused the invitation - what a class lad, big respect.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2274: May 17, 2018 12:15:41 am
      Despite the contract saga with us, I'm still gutted for the lad for missing CL final and world cup. He's improved a lot and played well for us, I rate him higher than Hendo and would prefer to keep him. If he leaves, I'd shake his hand and say thanks. If he stays, and I hope he does, he'll only improve our team.

Ps: on another note, there was a bit of class act from Emre this week. I hate politicizing anything, but the vile mass murdering, mafioso dictator of Turkey, Erdogan, is visiting UK this week. The chumps and the cheap opportunistic gyppos like Ozil, Gundogan and Tosun have rushed to his invitation for photo opportunities to honour "their dear president". Emre refused the invitation - what a class lad, big respect.

Reading this morning that he travelled to Marbella and there is a chance he could make the CL Bench.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2275: May 17, 2018 09:14:19 am
      Kopite78
      Reply #2276: May 17, 2018 10:09:50 am

Quick Reply