Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281884 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #2346: May 28, 2018 08:02:21 pm
      aren't contract due 1st june ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2347: May 28, 2018 08:56:24 pm
      Fabinho and Keita coming in its a bye bye to Emre.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2348: May 28, 2018 09:54:51 pm
      So long Emre.
      The missus is gonna miss making comments about his hair gel.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2349: May 28, 2018 10:53:15 pm

July.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2350: May 31, 2018 08:25:09 pm

yes indeed it is 30th June so he is still a Liverpool player and we still don't really know why he wants to leave.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #2351: May 31, 2018 09:06:19 pm
      Embarrassing watching this lad run on to represent us in the Champions League Final after the disrespect he has shown the club.

Poor sub by Jürgen who has sadly also loved Can.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2352: May 31, 2018 09:16:53 pm
      Embarrassing watching this lad run on to represent us in the Champions League Final after the disrespect he has shown the club.

Poor sub by Jürgen who has sadly also loved Can.

I never got the loyalty shown to him when he basically stuck two finger upto the club for the last 12 months we should have sold his ass last summer now we get bugger all
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #2353: May 31, 2018 09:20:29 pm
      Nor me. He's not even that good. Average player.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2354: May 31, 2018 09:46:49 pm
      as far as we know he is still a Liverpool player. I don't think he would get much time with the standard of the lads coming in
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #2355: Jun 01, 2018 02:15:50 pm
      I will not lost sleep this guy leave us, even before the signing of Fabinho.
      I like his aggressive style of play (when he attack) a bit. But I hate when he take too long to release the ball.
      He's too inconsistent and quite injury prone.
      And what I dislike most is his hair.
      Good luck Emre.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2356: Jun 01, 2018 03:14:29 pm
      Has he not left yet..?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2357: Jun 01, 2018 04:12:59 pm

Wish he’d just hurry up and announce he’s off.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2358: Jun 01, 2018 05:17:14 pm
      Heard an interesting argument on a podcast, something along the lines of:

He's signed a deal at Liverpool, he's honoured his contract, he's played as well as he could for the years he's been contracted to. He's under no legal ground to sign a new deal. He's literally done the job he's been hired for.

Now while I stopped and paused for a while to think about 'maybe I've been overreacting' I'm still returning to 'no he's a c**t'.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2359: Jun 01, 2018 11:39:04 pm
      Heard an interesting argument on a podcast, something along the lines of:

He's signed a deal at Liverpool, he's honoured his contract, he's played as well as he could for the years he's been contracted to. He's under no legal ground to sign a new deal. He's literally done the job he's been hired for.

Now while I stopped and paused for a while to think about 'maybe I've been overreacting' I'm still returning to 'no he's a c**t'.

I think he has been professional about it, I mean he honored his contract and yes, I believe he gave his best.

Rather a player do this, than to sign a new contract all smiles and a couple of months later start acting like an idiot because he wants out of the team. If, for whatever reason he doesn’t like what’s on th table then he’s doing the right looking for other options.

He is not a bad player, and I’d like if he stays because he’ll add much needed depth to our squad, but if he decides to go, no big deal either.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2360: Jun 02, 2018 07:10:36 am
      Thank you for the service but no thanks to sign a contract. Good luck.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2361: Jun 02, 2018 09:16:13 am
      I don't know about anyone else but whenever I had decided to leave a Company even before giving my notice something changed because I new I was leaving. We have not had 100% of Emre because its not humanly possible to give everything when you know your leaving anyway, the defeats just don't hurt as much and I am sure some of the squad didn't like him being around knowing he wanted to leave the club for another.
      Seeing who we have coming in he won't be missed.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #2362: Jun 02, 2018 09:25:26 am
      I don't know about anyone else but whenever I had decided to leave a Company even before giving my notice something changed because I new I was leaving. We have not had 100% of Emre because its not humanly possible to give everything when you know your leaving anyway, the defeats just don't hurt as much and I am sure some of the squad didn't like him being around knowing he wanted to leave the club for another.
      This is quite true,in a nutshell you know your leaving and your heart & mind just isn't in it,it's a human trait.
      At the end of the day we have done better with the replacemeant we have brought in in my honest opinion I just want us to continue in this vain & improve the squad for next season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2363: Jun 02, 2018 09:28:57 am
      Not going to criticise someone for leaving to increase his chances of winning silverware, we are on the right track with Jürgen but the attraction of juventus is obvious
      Kopite78
      Reply #2364: Jun 02, 2018 10:04:46 am

Not sure I'm on board with that. You can't relate football to a normal job.

I can give you dozens of examples where players have moved on straight after a season or a big final and they would have known it going into that game. Theres plenty in our history

Football players don't think of playing for a club the way we would do, they see it as the here and now, I was on the books at a proclub until the age of 19 and I've seen them, I played semi pro way after that and the difference between pro and semi pro is gigantic in terms of how they think about the game.
      Emre would 100% want to achieve all he could this season from a personal selfish view, he would want to have walked out a winner of the champions league, regardless of next season like many have before with European cup wins, world cup wins whatever.
      Their teammates don't not trust them, they just want to win themselves and having the best players at the club out there gives them that opportunity too.

Look at the obvious Suarez season. Steven had to convince Suarez to stay and give them another year safe in the knowledge that he's off the following season. Look back at 13-14 did it look like they didn't want him on the pitch? Knowing he's off and that the skipper had to beg him to stay? Of course not.

Emre would want to walk away a winner, walk away the best, add a champions league winning medal now rather than maybe down the line..
      You can't compete that to working in a factory or pushing trolleys in a supermarket where you are waiting the days to move to something better.

Can wants out for reasons we won't know, he's not settled ultimately, he doesn't like the weather, he doesn't like the food or he doesn't think he will get much game time and he was in a position to move to somewhere else for nothing. We don't and won't know why truly

He wouldn't wreck the chance of winning the biggest prizes and missing out on the world cup just because he's thinking of the future. They aren't built like that.
      He is more likely to think that a career ending challenge could be round the corner and he may never get the chance of a European cup final or world cup again than think of winning them again in the future

I don't actually think we will miss him either truth be told.
      I also think the longer no announcement with Juve is announced which could have been now for months that the city link has more to it and that will be announced July 1
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2365: Jun 02, 2018 10:12:57 am
      you cant compare Luis with Can, Luis is just an animal when it comes to being competitive. We may or may not know his reason for leaving and I don't think many people really care now but it must have been a talking point with the lads unless it was a bit Basil Fawlty
      and "don't mention he is leaving" all season.
      Anyhow hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2366: Jun 02, 2018 10:17:19 am
      you cant compare Luis with Can, Luis is just an animal when it comes to being competitive. We may or may not know his reason for leaving and I don't think many people really care now but it must have been a talking point with the lads unless it was a bit Basil Fawlty
      and "don't mention he is leaving" all season.
      Anyhow hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out.

Of course you can compare them

Why not compare him to Smicer then?
      Whoever

It's the same argument . You are completely guessing or getting something to fit your narrative . Trust me the players won't give a sh*t he's off, they will be his mate and won't judge him like you do.

Like I say he won't take a chance of missing that final or a world cup because he's thinking of next season
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2367: Jun 02, 2018 10:20:26 am
      I am mixed about this but the fact he has not signed with Juve amazes me...

I think he is / was waiting for the world cup but if reports are to be believed he has not made this squad. This would have given him a great opportunity as a free agent to drive the wages and signing on fee up. But not featuring on this stage may actually become a big risk as no doubt other players will become available post a strong tournament.   

Or perhaps it the typical Italian transfer issues - where they promise the moon on a stick, then declare they are skint.

Either way, I dont think its all going to plan for Emre... 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2368: Jun 04, 2018 02:18:07 pm
      I am mixed about this but the fact he has not signed with Juve amazes me...

I think he is / was waiting for the world cup but if reports are to be believed he has not made this squad. This would have given him a great opportunity as a free agent to drive the wages and signing on fee up. But not featuring on this stage may actually become a big risk as no doubt other players will become available post a strong tournament.   

Or perhaps it the typical Italian transfer issues - where they promise the moon on a stick, then declare they are skint.

Either way, I dont think its all going to plan for Emre... 

Wouldn’t be surprised if he genuinely thought we would bow to his demands but now we haven’t and signed Fabinho, he’s probably thinking he should have given Juve an answer sooner.

Quick Reply