Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 89606 times
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #1702: Jul 11, 2014 01:21:31 pm
      It's a funny feeling. We've seen this coming for a few weeks now, but I still feel a bit sad now it's actually a done deal.

Good luck at Barça Luis, you're the best player in the world at the moment!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1703: Jul 11, 2014 01:22:46 pm
      Robbie Fowler ‏@Robbie9Fowler 34m

"I'm not gonna lie, couldn't wait for him to leave"..... John ruddy
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1704: Jul 11, 2014 01:25:07 pm
      All about the money now. How much we got and how best to spend it

Thanks for the memories Luis.

£70m cash, right?

£20m on Bony
      £20m on Lovren
      £20m on Markovic
      £10m on Origi

:f_wah:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #1705: Jul 11, 2014 01:34:29 pm
      Meh, whatever. Glad it's over, let's focus on the guys that want to be part of the club.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1706: Jul 11, 2014 01:41:55 pm
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1707: Jul 11, 2014 01:44:48 pm
      Can't say I am happy,  guess  Like most who love LFC
       BUT it has been  coming especially after the WC bite issue, maybe it was destined before too

at least he parts in good relations with LFC-the fans- and the club

Now  we have to move on- with life without him
       I am sure he will be missed in our line-ups but we will be as good ,

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1708: Jul 11, 2014 01:45:05 pm
      £70m cash, right?

£20m on Bony
      £20m on Lovren
      £20m on Markovic
      £10m on Origi

:f_wah:

Phew ... thought we might have wasted some of it :D
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1709: Jul 11, 2014 01:50:03 pm
      Will be sorely missed by us. However,  the rest of the PL can breathe easy again. ..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #1710: Jul 11, 2014 01:51:15 pm
      Cant stand the sobbing stuff about leaving Liverpool it doesn't wash with me one bit..
      Time to see how ambitious we are and how our standing is whilst we try to replace him and it will not be cheap.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #1711: Jul 11, 2014 01:53:47 pm
      64.8 million rumoured fee (according to SSN). If this is true, God we would be labled a laughing stock. He had 4 years left on his contract
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #1712: Jul 11, 2014 02:04:39 pm
      Unfortunately, it does mean he is worth less.

If you are buying an expensive car, but find out it has a mechanical fault that will cause it to sporadically break down without warning... you wouldn't pay full price on that car. It has a fault. A defect.

Suarez has just shown the world that he has a mechanical problem. It comes as a complete surprise. Without any warning. Without any reason. It can happen any time.. and it will happen.

No way is he worth the regular prices you would pay for a player. His antics have in reality lowered his price. That's business..

Suarez isn't a car, and as Strachan said, there is no morality in football, only money.
      The news coming out also gives the lie to your statement.

:roll:

As it turns out Barcelona are paying the 'buy out' clause only.

Like I say, his antics have meant his value has been degraded. We are not able to get the price we would hope for.

No lie to my statement.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1713: Jul 11, 2014 02:09:24 pm
      Reckon if it is £65m then it's all up front. I'm sure we'd rather that than have 30m or 40m up front with a 6 or 7 installments.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1714: Jul 11, 2014 02:11:52 pm
      I wouldn't believe a word SSN say about the transfer fee. They also said Lambert cost us £9m and Lallana cost us £25m+. They just guess random sh*t.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1715: Jul 11, 2014 02:17:49 pm
      64.8 million rumoured fee (according to SSN). If this is true, God we would be labled a laughing stock. He had 4 years left on his contract

That might be the upfront payment. The website is saying £75 million.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9379054/transfer-news-luis-suarez-will-sign-for-barcelona-next-week-after-fee-agreed-with-liverpool
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #1716: Jul 11, 2014 02:19:13 pm

F***ing hells bells, no need for that mate.

Watching that Luis wizardry has fu**ed my afternoon right up.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1717: Jul 11, 2014 02:21:08 pm
      F***ing hells bells, no need for that mate.
      fu**ed my afternoon right up that has.

Yeah, just seen it on Youtube and posted it.

Not sure exactly how I'm feeling to be honest. I'm grateful for what he's done but he's a loony too! :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Reply #1718: Jul 11, 2014 02:21:33 pm
      Luis Suarez: Liverpool & Barcelona agree £75m deal for striker

Liverpool have agreed to sell striker Luis Suarez to Barcelona for a fee thought to be about £75m.

The Uruguayan, 27, who is serving a four-month ban for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup, will sign a five-year deal.

Suarez, who scored 31 league goals last season, will travel to the Spanish club next week for a medical.
      "Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played," said Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.

Suarez - last season's Premier League top scorer and winner of the PFA and Football Writers' Player of the Year awards - signed for Liverpool from Ajax in 2011 for £22.7m, and had four years left on his contract.

The move to Barcelona takes Suarez closer to his wife Sofia's family.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision," said the striker, who is banned from "all football-related activity" until the end of October as he serves his third suspension for biting an opponent.

"This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right."

When he is eventually eligible to play again, Barcelona will have a formidable front line including Argentine Lionel Messi and Brazilian Neymar, as the club rebuilds under new coach Luis Enrique after its first season without a major trophy in six years.

If the transfer fee is confirmed at £75m, it will be the third biggest in football history after Gareth Bale (£86m Tottenham to Real Madrid, 2013) and Cristiano Ronaldo (£80m Manchester United to Real Madrid, 2009)

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain," said Suarez.

"Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club (Liverpool) and with the city, but most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans.

"You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it. We will always be Liverpool supporters."

In his statement, released on Liverpool's official website, Suarez concluded: "Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

Barcelona face a logistical conundrum regarding his presentation as their player - usually done at the Nou Camp which is opened up to fans - as his worldwide suspension extends to entering any football ground.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28180600

LFC statement: Suarez to leave

Liverpool Football Club today issued the following statement in relation to the future of Luis Suarez.

Liverpool FC confirms that Luis Suarez will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona. The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities, which will then conclude the transfer.

We would like to thank Luis for his contribution and the role he played in helping bring Champions League football back to Anfield.

Everyone at Liverpool Football Club wishes Luis and his family well for the future.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166178-lfc-statement-suarez-to-leave

Statement from Luis Suarez

Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

"Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166181-statement-from-luis-suarez

LFC statement: Rodgers on Suarez

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers today issued the below statement following the announcement that an agreement has been reached with Barcelona for Luis Suarez to leave the club.

"Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played in the team in the past two years, during my time at Liverpool.

"I think he would be the first to accept he has improved as a player over that period, along with the team and has benefited from being here, as we have benefited from him.

"The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try to keep Luis at Liverpool. It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges. We wish him and his young family well; we will always consider them to be friends.

"We are focused on the future, as we strive to continue with the progress we have made and build on last season's excellent Barclays Premier League campaign.

"I am confident we will improve the team further and will be stronger for this coming season, when we will be competing on all fronts; domestically and in the greatest club competition in the world, the Champions League.

"If there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual. I hope our supporters continue to dream and believe that we are moving forward and with continued improvement and progression, together we will bring the success we all crave and deserve."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166179-lfc-statement-rodgers-on-suarez
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #1719: Jul 11, 2014 02:22:37 pm
      Goodbye Luis hope you enjoy the Spanish cuisine :laugh:
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #1720: Jul 11, 2014 02:23:35 pm
      Thanks for everything Luis, the best player I have ever seen play for us.

A sweeping statement that some wont agree with, but its true for me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #1721: Jul 11, 2014 02:27:36 pm
      Yeah, just seen it on Youtube and posted it.

Not sure exactly how I'm feeling to be honest. I'm grateful for what he's done but he's a loony too! :laugh:

As the man said madness is always linked with genius, if only Spike Milligan could have put them away like Luis - what a F***ing laugh that would have been.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1722: Jul 11, 2014 02:34:15 pm
      For his family

If you wouldn't do the same you're lying

Good luck Luis, thanks for the good times

And for costing me a b***ard tenner.

Where's it going Johnny boy?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1723: Jul 11, 2014 02:36:50 pm
      And for costing me a b***ard tenner.

Where's it going Johnny boy?

Meet for a pint at a game this season?

Buy something for your boy with it mate.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #1724: Jul 11, 2014 02:39:06 pm
      He made the price of going to game worth it all by himself. Superb player, hope he becomes a legend at Barcelona.

Quick Reply