Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 91275 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid)
      Reply #46: Jun 06, 2014 04:26:58 pm
      Wasn't it Suarez who said that Liverpool were the team he dreamed about playing for and were the team he'd always choose on the Playstation when he was younger?

Tell me you didn't believe that?  :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Jun 06, 2014 04:27:59 pm

Why not?
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #48: Jun 06, 2014 04:38:33 pm

No reason not to believe it. :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #49: Jun 06, 2014 05:31:10 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #50: Jun 06, 2014 06:06:33 pm

Ah, I forgot the oracle had spoken  :f_tongueincheek:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #51: Jun 06, 2014 06:28:20 pm
      Ah, I forgot the oracle had spoken  :f_tongueincheek:

;D

It may well be true that he always wanted to play for Liverpool but it's equally possibly that Luis was saying what we want to hear.

Personally I couldn't care less as I'm not sure it matters much unless it is a local lad like Stevie.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #52: Jun 06, 2014 07:46:51 pm

Fair enough, wasn't trying to make fun but think about it. He's 26. That means he was born in 1987 (F**k that makes me feel old :() so he was two by the time we won our last trophy. I doubt he even knew who we where because I further doubt that English football got much coverage in South America in the pre-Premier League era. Lots of Football players say things like this, they're simply trying to endear themselves to their new club's fan base. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt, I still think he'd be supporting Real as well as us but it's difficult to understate the size of fan base Spanish football has in Latin America. Or perhaps he picked us on FIFA because he liked playing on Hard mode :P
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #53: Jun 06, 2014 07:50:05 pm
      Wasn't it Suarez who said that Liverpool were the team he dreamed about playing for and were the team he'd always choose on the Playstation when he was younger?

I remember that interview it was with him and Robbie Keane but I think Luis who had even worse english at the time just copied Keane who said he'd "always choose Tottenham, Inter Milan, Celtic, Liverpool, L.A Galaxy, Leeds United, Coventry City and Wolverhampton Wanderers when he was on the playstation as a kid".
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #54: Jun 06, 2014 07:55:26 pm
      Anelka got lots of Fifa practise based on those rules I imagine
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #55: Jun 06, 2014 07:57:38 pm
      I think he'll be here next season but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

I'm not sure anyone can say with 100% certainty he will turn out for us next season.

Same here mate, I'm not gonna worry about it, if they genuinely come in with a bid that exceeds the money they paid for Bale then we could lose him. I have no doubt he would want to go if they stumped up a world record bid but it's a lot of money and I wonder if they would really want to splash such a big fee for a player who has turned 27 compared to the younger Bale. I wonder if Aguero will be the one they go for.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #56: Jun 06, 2014 08:21:44 pm
      Same here mate, I'm not gonna worry about it, if they genuinely come in with a bid that exceeds the money they paid for Bale then we could lose him. I have no doubt he would want to go if they stumped up a world record bid but it's a lot of money and I wonder if they would really want to splash such a big fee for a player who has turned 27 compared to the younger Bale. I wonder if Aguero will be the one they go for.

this summer will show us how much FSG really wants us to win.  last year Henry was able to turn away 40mil bid but how about a 70mil+ bid?  also, if we are able to hang on to suarez and RM decides to go after another striker, they might poach from one of our top 4-6 contenders... this means 1) we held onto our asset... 2) someone around us got weaker. 

CL is worth a ton of $$ if we can continuously sustain our presence there year over year, in even 2-3 years time, we could make all that money we didn't get from suarez back and still have luis as a red.

I see this as short term vs long term vision.

Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #57: Jun 06, 2014 08:28:21 pm
      this summer will show us how much FSG really wants us to win.  last year Henry was able to turn away 40mil bid but how about a 70mil+ bid?  also, if we are able to hang on to suarez and RM decides to go after another striker, they might poach from one of our top 4-6 contenders... this means 1) we held onto our asset... 2) someone around us got weaker. 

CL is worth a ton of $$ if we can continuously sustain our presence there year over year, in even 2-3 years time, we could make all that money we didn't get from suarez back and still have luis as a red.

I see this as short term vs long term vision.

That will certainly be the test, to firstly say no no matter the bid and secondly to be as assertive with Luis even if he expresses a desire to go.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #58: Jun 06, 2014 08:31:38 pm
      this summer will show us how much FSG really wants us to win.  last year Henry was able to turn away 40mil bid but how about a 70mil+ bid?

Well I rate Luis a lot higher than Monkey features, so Real, for me, would have to start their bidding at £90 million, anything less than that I'd just put the phone down.

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #59: Jun 06, 2014 09:23:45 pm
      Well I rate Luis a lot higher than Monkey features, so Real, for me, would have to start their bidding at £90 million, anything less than that I'd just put the phone down.

Providing there's NO buyout clause - much akin to us activating Can's buyout. If there is a clause I'd imagine we'd be pretty much powerless in any attempts to keep him. Luis himself will be the only person then who could decline Real's advances. He and his agent have plainly made it obvious both last season and just recently that if Real came in for him - he'd be off. 

I've got to be honest and say that if Real did come in for him then I think he'd go. Surely Brendan and the 'committee' would have drawn up some kind of contingency in identifying a n other striker aswell as demanding either one of Di Maria, Isco or Morata as part of the deal. They can stick Benzema, he's sh*te.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #60: Jun 06, 2014 09:31:45 pm
      Providing there's NO buyout clause - much akin to us activating Can's buyout. If there is a clause I'd imagine we'd be pretty much powerless in any attempts to keep him. Luis himself will be the only person then who could decline Real's advances. He and his agent have plainly made it obvious both last season and just recently that if Real came in for him - he'd be off. 

I've got to be honest and say that if Real did come in for him then I think he'd go. Surely Brendan and the 'committee' would have drawn up some kind of contingency in identifying a n other striker aswell as demanding either one of Di Maria, Isco or Morata as part of the deal. They can stick Benzema, he's sh*te.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a buyout clause means we HAVE to sell.......
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #61: Jun 06, 2014 09:45:13 pm
      Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a buyout clause means we HAVE to sell.......

My mistake. However, if Real did activate it it would be down to Luis. He'd have to put in a transfer request. How many people here honestly think he wouldn't?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #62: Jun 06, 2014 10:01:46 pm
      My mistake. However, if Real did activate it it would be down to Luis. He'd have to put in a transfer request. How many people here honestly think he wouldn't?

I don't....he didn't last summer.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #63: Jun 07, 2014 01:28:29 am
      I'll say this very very quietly.

I think he's going to go.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #64: Jun 07, 2014 02:40:11 am
      I too think that if Madrid were to make an approach and make an offer that matches his release clause that Luis would go.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #65: Jun 07, 2014 03:24:43 am
      I'll say this very very quietly.

I think he's going to go.

How dare you say such things! How can you even call yourself a fan?! This is outrageous!

I think he might too.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #66: Jun 07, 2014 03:42:43 am
      Here we go again. Wtf did we do to this bump madrid that they never seems to leave us alone. With their bloody money why don't they fark off elsewhere for their targets. Don;t they have any scouts.

10 EC and CL, my foot, they're all bought ok. Curious to know where did they get all those money in the first place. Did it come from the people's tax or there is a bottomles pit of resouces that they can draw on?

I'd believe the deciding factor whether Suarez stays or leave would be, how much ambition does the owners show in this transfer window. If enough ambition is shown, Suarez may just give us another season or two. f there's not enough shown I wouldn't blame him for leaving because he's at the peak of his career.

Since madrid has got so much money and they have no problem with spending, we must ask for 200mil or no deal.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2014 03:55:38 am by redkop63 »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #67: Jun 07, 2014 06:41:42 am
      What release clause? What is this clause everyone speaks of? What's the figure?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #68: Jun 07, 2014 07:51:57 am
      If Madrid make an acceptable offer, we will accept and Suarez will jump ship. I've no doubt.
      The problem is Madrid will probably leave the bid until the last minute like the Bale one"

:P Sell the f#@ker, he's sh*te anyway! :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply