Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 89577 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #322: Jun 24, 2014 03:03:25 pm
      Says a number of different bookies. Type into Google transfer betting and check it out yourself.
      So says no one of any consequence.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #323: Jun 24, 2014 10:39:27 pm
      Wanna talk specifically 'bite'? It's in the Kop - you know the main discussion board!

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,46348.0.html
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #324: Jun 25, 2014 11:45:06 am
      Now with the biting incident, on top of the speculation,  if we get atop offer for Luis and he WANTS to go, then reluctantly accept it and attempt to pry Sergio aguero away from city.

if however Luis wants to remain at Liverpool,  then all the better.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #325: Jun 25, 2014 12:23:49 pm
      Now with the biting incident, on top of the speculation,  if we get atop offer for Luis and he WANTS to go, then reluctantly accept it and attempt to pry Sergio aguero away from city.

Please tell me you're not silly enough to believe that it'd be possible to do such a thing?

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #326: Jun 25, 2014 02:44:12 pm
      Please tell me you're not silly enough to believe that it'd be possible to do such a thing?

not at all. Merely wishful thinking.  Although he isn't as good as Luis, Aguero is top quality. Would cost a huge sum of money but well worth it!

Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #327: Jun 25, 2014 11:27:13 pm
      So the Mirror running with this now:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-luis-suarez-still-transfer-3764829

(Sorry for link only, on phone)

Essentially saying £80m player-plus-cash deal still looking to be pushed through by Barca. Cash plus Sanchez AND Pedro.

Probably well wide of the mark, but a conversation piece none-the-less!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #328: Jun 25, 2014 11:29:08 pm
      So the Mirror running with this now:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-luis-suarez-still-transfer-3764829

(Sorry for link only, on phone)

Essentially saying £80m player-plus-cash deal still looking to be pushed through by Barca. Cash plus Sanchez AND Pedro.

Probably well wide of the mark, but a conversation piece none-the-less!

But we've already signed Sanchez apparently...

The Mirror are shocking.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #329: Jun 25, 2014 11:42:44 pm
      But we've already signed Sanchez apparently...

The Mirror are shocking.

Indeed they are, mate. Just posting the newest available info! It's one thing offering a player (or two) to a club but it's another as to whether the offered players wish to come. Then again, we are Liverpool FC so anyone not willing to come here ain't wanted anyway! ;)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #330: Jun 25, 2014 11:53:34 pm
      £80 million and Sanchez and Pedro? Where do I sign?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,129 posts | 454 
      Reply #331: Jun 26, 2014 01:12:39 am
      Bite there hands off if Suarez doesn't get there first!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #332: Jun 26, 2014 01:30:31 am
      £80 million and Sanchez and Pedro? Where do I sign?

We wouldn't get that much for him. Reports are suggesting that Barca don't have the £80m as cash so are angling for a player or 2 + cash. My guess would be that they'd value Sanchez somewhere near £30m and Pedro around the same, so both players +£20m is probably realistic.

Would be interesting to see how many would actually take that deal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #333: Jun 26, 2014 01:38:17 am
      We wouldn't get that much for him. Reports are suggesting that Barca don't have the £80m as cash so are angling for a player or 2 + cash. My guess would be that they'd value Sanchez somewhere near £30m and Pedro around the same, so both players +£20m is probably realistic.

Be hard to turn down after what's happened. Probably 30 goals between them?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #334: Jun 26, 2014 01:43:03 am

I wouldn't. If we want Sanchez or Pedro we need to pay the price and buy them to play with Suarez not instead of... without Suarez they may not want to come anyway.

Suarez needs to rebuild his reputation.... not as a brilliant player we all know that, but if we sell him now I have no doubt clubs will use his transgressions to emphasize the risks and reduce his price.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #335: Jun 26, 2014 02:25:25 am
      I wouldn't. If we want Sanchez or Pedro we need to pay the price and buy them to play with Suarez not instead of... without Suarez they may not want to come anyway.

Suarez needs to rebuild his reputation.... not as a brilliant player we all know that, but if we sell him now I have no doubt clubs will use his transgressions to emphasize the risks and reduce his price.

Be hard to turn down after what's happened. Probably 30 goals between them?

I wouldn't take the deal either Saint. Suarez is the best player in the world in my eyes and while I rate Sanchez very highly and Pedro a bit further back they wouldn't replace him, not even close.

Yes they may bring 30 goals with them but they wouldn't bring that added indescribable quality that lives on the edges of madness and genius. Flawed he may be but the only time he truly hurt me was with his transfer debacle because I personally love to watch the guy play for us and when he does every team on the planet is jealous of what we have no matter what lies they tell you.

YNWA Luis.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #336: Jun 26, 2014 04:35:38 am
      I don't care who or what Suarez has in his mouth, the lad knows how to play. Do not sell.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #337: Jun 26, 2014 09:01:34 am

I never in my history was willing to cash in on him but 20m + pedro = sanchez would make us strong next season. I dont know what to choose from this suggested transfer and suarez with no international games :/
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #338: Jun 26, 2014 09:10:11 am
      We will have to wait for FIFA's decision on Luis Suarez and a statement from the club as to where he will be next season. I have a feeling it is the end of the Anfield Road for Luis and that is sad as he has so much to offer, I guess the next 48 hours will reveal the answer we are all waiting for.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #339: Jun 26, 2014 10:57:04 am
      We will have to wait for FIFA's decision on Luis Suarez and a statement from the club as to where he will be next season. I have a feeling it is the end of the Anfield Road for Luis and that is sad as he has so much to offer, I guess the next 48 hours will reveal the answer we are all waiting for.

I think Liverpool's response will be subject to what, if any FIFA sanction is taken. If it's none, I can see the club simply making a statement saying the club psychologist is working with him. If he's found guilty and Barca do show interest, then yes, I can see him on his way.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #340: Jun 26, 2014 11:03:55 am
      I would love for us to sign Sanchez, Pedro and Shaqiri but I dont think Barca will sell Pedro and Sanchez if they cant get Suarez.

My guts just turned thinking this window is going to be a bit of a let down. Hope its not!
      TheDon
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #341: Jun 26, 2014 11:17:42 am
      Pedro is not top-class, a mediocre player that fitted the Barca style for a while, not anymore either. He hasn't played frequently the last two seasons. Besides where is the sense in signing Sanchez+Pedro, both wingers, both will come with big wages, when we already have Sterling. Obviously we need a deep squad to compete for CL, but Pedro is already a sub in Barcelona, why would he leave is home to be sub in Liverpool?

My opinion is that we have our backs against the wall in selling Suarez, he seems like he wants to leave, after the 3rd bite the english press will be on his back again, and the club seems tired of defending him. So it's not anymore a matter of opinion, there are people who don't care about his behaviour, there are people who do, but right now it's a matter of value. I think if he does something similar during the season he will lost most of his value, so if he wants to leave, we might be forced to sell him for 20M if we retain this year.

In terms of the Barcelona offer, here in Spain they are saying that 60M € is affordable to them. So I say we should presssure them and get in the range of 70-80M € + Sanchez, no Pedro.

Then go and put 50M at Dortmund for Reus, the only player I think could be similar level to Suarez (but this is off-topic).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #342: Jun 26, 2014 02:23:49 pm
      I wouldn't take the deal either Saint. Suarez is the best player in the world in my eyes and while I rate Sanchez very highly and Pedro a bit further back they wouldn't replace him, not even close.

Yes they may bring 30 goals with them but they wouldn't bring that added indescribable quality that lives on the edges of madness and genius. Flawed he may be but the only time he truly hurt me was with his transfer debacle because I personally love to watch the guy play for us and when he does every team on the planet is jealous of what we have no matter what lies they tell you.

YNWA Luis.

All good points...but can we count on him for a full season? He's missed games the last two seasons for discipline...with this latest incident can we expect a squeaky clean Suarez next year?

I also think if he stays, this will be his last year. He'll see (rightfully so) that the English press is out to get him more now than ever and he'll bolt to Spain.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #343: Jun 26, 2014 03:11:53 pm
      Might as well close this one up. Can't see any teams willing to purchase a player who is banned until November.
      TheDon
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #344: Jun 26, 2014 03:22:32 pm
      Might as well close this one up. Can't see any teams willing to purchase a player who is banned until November.

As I am reading apparently he cannot be transfered either so, yes, this can be closed.

Quick Reply