Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea)

Read 18983 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea)
      Reply #115: Jul 23, 2014 10:55:01 pm
      Think Aly started a lot more games than Victor. We had some shakey times at FB last season. But BR was sensible, didn't make a hasty signing - though think it is a position we could do with a new first XIer in.

That's why (in my opinion) I think we should spend even more on our full backs. I understand that you can't have expensive players in every position, but last season, a large majority of fans (including myself) thought left back was our weakest position. That's why I think we should really buy some top quality. And I don't think Bertrand is that.

I understand you can buy bargins etc, but I've not seen anything in Bertrand to suggest he'll be a success like Sturridge.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #116: Jul 23, 2014 11:14:35 pm
      I dislike moaning about potential signings so I will try to keep each and every criticism of the player as rooted in solid facts as possible.
      Why I dislike this signing and why I'm skeptical that the club would be seriously considering Ryan Dominic Betrand:

1. He wasn't good enough for Aston Villa.

He made 10 league appearances after joining Villa at the beginning of January, whilst having no injuries to speak of. Just over half of all potential games does not bode well.

2. Statistically poor.
      Whilst sites such as whoscored and the like are not the most accurate of measures, they are useful for providing a rough estimate of a players ability (for example the five highest rated players on whoscored last season were Suarez, Gerrard, Ramsey, Aguero and Hazard in that order - we can all agree they are  worthy). Whoscored has him as the 16th worst player in the premier league last season. Nestling nicely between Matthew Jarvis and Jozy Altidore, and outperformed by the likes of Ryan Giggs, Joe Cole and Sammy Ameobi.

Based on his statistical output the characteristics of his play are described as such:

Strengths:
      Ryan Bertrand has no significant strengths

Weaknesses:
      Passing
      Crossing
      Defensive contribution

So he's a sh*t defender, and can't contribute offensively (as passing and crossing are the key methods of fullback attacking)

3. He's much older than you think

He'll be 25 by the time the transfer window shuts. This isn't a green player making errors. This is a guy who should be approaching his peak who has never shown anything remotely premier league standard.

4. He isn't better than what we have
      Both Flanagan (when played out of position!) and Enrique have shown far more than Bertrand.

5. He's not that cheap
      8mil is not chump change.

To conclude on a positive note, I do not believe we will buy him. Everything about him is the opposite of money ball.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #117: Jul 24, 2014 12:15:38 am
      I'd rather stick with Flanagan and Enrique than sign a player who's not good enough for villa ,

Just spend some f**king money and get Moreno ffs !

But here we go someone will come here and says he has the potential to be Roberto Carlos
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #118: Jul 24, 2014 04:37:08 am
      No matter what decade we are in, no matter who our manager is, no matter what our table position is, we just continue to spend unnecessary millions on duds like Bertrand!! 

:mad:  :f_steam: :mad:  :f_steam: :mad:  :f_wah: :f_wah: :mad:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #119: Jul 24, 2014 10:15:14 am
      bertrand? fooking bertrand? i wouldn't touch him with yours...
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #120: Jul 24, 2014 10:39:36 am
      Comparing sturridge to Bertrand  :lmao: :lmao:

But yes let's buy Bertrand and make our LB an easy open door to everyone , but yes It wouldn't surprise me to be honest .

If you go cheap options like Bertrand you know what you get he will stay here after proving his sh*t and then nobody will want him and we will ship him on loan to join the Aspas Assaidi army .

I hate tight people just pay ffs the money is there either way buy Moreno or stick with our options no wasting money on players that are easy options for attackers we have some of those already
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #121: Jul 24, 2014 10:40:51 am
      First one we have been linked to that makes you think why. Oh well we will see in time if there is any truth in it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #122: Jul 24, 2014 11:15:10 am
      Screams lack of ambition. Getting worried that we are slowly pissing money up the wall.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #123: Jul 24, 2014 11:31:26 am
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #124: Jul 24, 2014 12:19:35 pm
      Screams lack of ambition. Getting worried that we are slowly pissing money up the wall.

Don't say that mate. You risk getting grilled by a good majority of forum users on here.

Remember a few things:

- Bertrand hasn't said he wants to leave
      - Rodgers hasn't said he wants Bertrand
      - All rumours are to be dismissed UNLESS either we are linked with a top player OR something official has been said regarding that rumour. Further, if we DO get Bertrand, Brendan wanted him so that is fine with me. If BR wants him, I hope the committee do their utmost in order to secure him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #125: Jul 24, 2014 12:23:26 pm
      A lot of recent talk in here about this but I haven't seen any new links.

Have I missed something?
      LFC_Portugal
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #126: Jul 24, 2014 12:33:11 pm
      I can't believe we're even considering signing this guy.Complete lack of ambition.Just stupidity,really
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #127: Jul 24, 2014 12:37:16 pm
      A lot of recent talk in here about this but I haven't seen any new links.

Have I missed something?

Type into Google "newsnow liverpool"
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #128: Jul 24, 2014 12:39:46 pm

That's about as reliable as the Metro!

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #129: Jul 24, 2014 12:45:50 pm
      That's about as reliable as the Metro!

You are talking complete nonsense. Newsnow is just a database that connects and gathers all the recent rumours from various of different websites like Daily Mail, Mirror, Guardian and yes, also the metro.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #130: Jul 24, 2014 12:58:53 pm
      You are talking complete nonsense. Newsnow is just a database that connects and gathers all the recent rumours from various of different websites like Daily Mail, Mirror, Guardian and yes, also the metro.

Considering most papers have about a 1 in 5 hit rate for transfer targets, a news aggregator that grabs info from papers and even less relaible web sources, such as newsnow, is a sh*t source.  Maybe not as bad as twitter, but vey little in life is. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #131: Jul 24, 2014 01:04:19 pm

Thanks for the help CR.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #132: Jul 24, 2014 01:28:05 pm
      Don't say that mate. You risk getting grilled by a good majority of forum users on here.

Remember a few things:

- Bertrand hasn't said he wants to leave
      - Rodgers hasn't said he wants Bertrand
      - All rumours are to be dismissed UNLESS either we are linked with a top player OR something official has been said regarding that rumour. Further, if we DO get Bertrand, Brendan wanted him so that is fine with me. If BR wants him, I hope the committee do their utmost in order to secure him.

He has a point actually and I agree with him , it seems we are going for him cause he's our third choice , what left Moreno ? Rodriguez ? Well if we can't afford Moreno , we certainly can't afford Rodriguez for sure .
      So basically it's a £8m waste
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #133: Jul 24, 2014 01:30:58 pm

In other words, it's not just a crap source, it's an aggregator of other crap sources.

Got it, thanks :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #134: Jul 24, 2014 01:34:43 pm
      We should keep Robinson instead of wasting 8m-10m on Bertrand!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #135: Jul 24, 2014 01:44:09 pm
      Can't believe that we have 75m in the bank and rather than pay the few million extra for Moreno (Brendan's first choice) we're going after Ryan F***ing Bertrand who's been sh*te for his whole career.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #136: Jul 24, 2014 01:47:51 pm
      In other words, it's not just a crap source, it's an aggregator of other crap sources.

Got it, thanks :lmao:

So my initial thoughts that there were no new links was correct FL?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #137: Jul 24, 2014 02:09:56 pm
      Baffled by this one. Why not just play Enrique and Flanno LB if we can't sign a top LB they are both better than Bertrand!!

Quick Reply