Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Luis Suarez: The Bite - Part 3

Read 29341 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Luis Suarez: The Bite - Part 3
      Reply #644: Jun 26, 2014 05:30:59 pm
      I wouldn't let him go in a totally cut price deal to Barca or Real (we would lose out when we can just forget about him 'til he's ready to come back) won't really give a crap as long as they get his work rate and goals/ assists. He won't be able to play for awhile, maybe they'd still buy him now as if they were signing him in the winter transfer window, he  is a bit mental like a lot of the previous greats have been. I know Fifa have to be seen to act according to the violent conduct before them, still to me it is well less violent than an elbow to the face or possible leg breaking tackle.

The player wasn't harmed that bad and can carry on playing without any intentional serious injury. Simple as that for me.

I don't think they will though. What I'm saying is that one would imagine they'd only show interest in a player of his calibre if they could get him for less than his true worth, but if he does indeed have a £70 million release clause in his contract, I cannot see that interest being forthcoming in this window, therefore they will spend big elsewhere this Summer. If they do, they're unlikely to be able to afford him in January at the full price. At earliest, I would expect him to leave next Summer.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #645: Jun 26, 2014 06:19:57 pm
      For Suarez now after mentioning the English media before the incident, he'll most probably want away from England. I know it'd be hard to imagine a club coming in soon with all the fuss going on about what happened. He'll cost a bit less than before and will most likely be allowed a smooth exit.
      He is still a world class genius who is flawed mentally, with anger problems.
      These big clubs will want his goods on the pitch, regardless of this. Without this happening maybe it'd be impossible for Barcelona or Real to get the deal through.
      It's a flash in the pan, I say this honestly - if I saw another player do what he did; I'd think a red card would suffice.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #646: Jun 26, 2014 09:36:01 pm
      We all know other players have done worse things in the past,  but we can't condone what Luis has done. His punishment off Fifa reflects the fact it's the 3rd time he's done it. It's harsh on LFC, but seriously,  when will he learn? He has the world at his feet. With him, Uruguay had a chance. It's probably gone now and he can blame no one other than himself.

And how many games will he miss for us IF he stays? Talk of Barca swapping out Pedro and Sanchez plus cash MIGHT just be the tipping point here.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #647: Jun 26, 2014 10:03:32 pm
      He's been suspended so much, he's never actually completed a season for us for it

Signed from Ajax in jan after biting ban in 10/11

Evra
      Ivanovic
      This

The guys a headcase if things are getting to him, but a world class player, either way, it's a lose lose situation...

He's the best player I've seen play, but in some ways he's been arguably the worst for this club for the aforementioned incidents
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #648: Jun 26, 2014 10:05:57 pm
      He's been suspended so much, he's never actually completed a season for us for it

Signed from Ajax in jan after biting ban in 10/11

Evra
      Ivanovic
      This

The guys a headcase if things are getting to him, but a world class player, either way, it's a lose lose situation...

He's the best player I've seen play, but in some ways he's been arguably the worst for this club for the aforementioned incidents

To be fair he didn't stand a chance against Evra, he got given that ban without there being a single bit of evidence other than the word of somebody who had previously (and unsuccessfully) accused people of racism.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #649: Jun 26, 2014 10:09:10 pm
      To be fair he didn't stand a chance against Evra, he got given that ban without there being a single bit of evidence other than the word of somebody who had previously (and unsuccessfully) accused people of racism.

I agree he was seen as guilty from the day he stepped into the country, I think he has had a rough ride, but biting isn't going to make it smoother
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #650: Jun 26, 2014 10:14:35 pm
      but biting isn't going to make it smoother

Totally agree. It's just wrong the punishments in which they are setting. John Terry got less of a ban for being as racist as you possibly can be on live television.

Suarez would have gotten less of a ban if he had two footed someone. They really need to review the severity of the incidents and the suspensions they hand out because at the moment it is just all wrong.
      VixyJ
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #651: Jun 30, 2014 10:37:50 pm
      I do wish he'd just apologised straight away. He made a fool of himself making out it was an accident, as if anyone was buying that. Better late than never I suppose!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #652: Jun 30, 2014 11:48:52 pm
      I do wish he'd just apologised straight away. He made a fool of himself making out it was an accident, as if anyone was buying that. Better late than never I suppose!

I'm not so sure. It smacks of false platitudes. If this advice has really come from Barca then I'm most unimpressed with Suarez because it will mean he's going around acting like he's already one of their players when we haven't even accepted a bid yet. It doesn't show much respect towards a club that's stuck by him through the thick and thin of his antics since he signed.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #653: Jun 30, 2014 11:51:22 pm
      I'm not so sure. It smacks of false platitudes. If this advice has really come from Barca then I'm most unimpressed with Suarez because it will mean he's going around acting like he's already one of their players when we haven't even accepted a bid yet. It doesn't show much respect towards a club that's stuck by him through the thick and thin of his antics since he signed.
      Or maybe he's thinking of the Addidas deal .

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #654: Jul 01, 2014 12:24:00 am
      Well Chiellini has forgiven him so maybe we can stop slating him too?....

Giorgio Chiellini @chiellini  ·  5h

.@luis16suarez It's all forgotten. I hope FIFA will reduce your suspension.
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #655: Jul 01, 2014 07:16:06 am
      My mate works in the Adidas store in L1 and he told me they've been told to take some of the suarez posters down!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #656: Jul 01, 2014 07:25:53 am

If Suarez has apologized just to get a transfer to Barca, he has made Torres and what Torres did look like the actions of a F***ing saint.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #657: Jul 01, 2014 07:52:47 am
      LFC fans were the first to defend Suarez all through his shenanigans, and they berated the press and anyone else included who attacked him and vilified him. And let's not forget, Suarez had a bum deal on the so called racial slur.

Yet a few months on and some LFC fans are dong the exact same thing; lambasting him before anyone really knows what on earth is going on

I voted to sell him because I simply believe he's causing too much trouble for the club. Simple as that without going into any detail. But having heard what some were saying; how good he is; the goals he scores; the effort he puts in etc, I changed my mind. I say keep him and stick two fingers up to the haters. But let's at least wait for confirmation of what he's allegedly done before hanging him.

Until then he's still a Liverpool player and there's sweet FA anyone, including Barca/Madrid can do about that unless we say so.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #658: Jul 01, 2014 09:28:35 am
      If Suarez has apologized just to get a transfer to Barca, he has made Torres and what Torres did look like the actions of a f**king saint.

That's what just about every single media and press source is reporting. As part of any deal to move to them he had to issue an apology. Whether it's true or not I can't say.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #659: Jul 01, 2014 09:51:40 am
      So he's apologised, belatedly, and because the Club say they had no knowledge of it, it must mean that Barca told him to.  And because it was a general apology and not one aimed specifically at Liverpool fans, he must be leaving.  Really?

So he didn't apologise for his family, or his sponsors, or because he F***ing well should have, he did it because a Club that is rumoured to be sniffing round for his signature said he should.

I'm not saying he won't leave or that he shouldn't leave, I just prefer to wait for the official announcement rather than condemning him without knowing the facts.  That's for the media and other clubs gobs***e fans to do.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #660: Jul 01, 2014 10:01:59 am
      So he's apologised, belatedly, and because the Club say they had no knowledge of it, it must mean that Barca told him to.  And because it was a general apology and not one aimed specifically at Liverpool fans, he must be leaving.  Really?

So he didn't apologise for his family, or his sponsors, or because he f**king well should have, he did it because a Club that is rumoured to be sniffing round for his signature said he should.

I'm not saying he won't leave or that he shouldn't leave, I just prefer to wait for the official announcement rather than condemning him without knowing the facts.  That's for the media and other clubs gobs***e fans to do.

Yeah I have to say debs I don't buy into that either

We all know Luis is emotional and on the edge a lot so simply after a few days of reflecting he will probably know he needed to say sorry, if he felt that why should he pick the phone up to Liverpool to ask them.. And he is apologising for the act, I'm not sure he needs to include us in that.

It's obvious to me that either Brendan or Ian Ayre will have spoken to him by now in private if not both, we do t know what was said but I'd guarantee those conversations have been had.

He fu**ed up, I'm sure he knows that.

Yes his agent may have told him they needed to go public with an apology but that could be to do with numerous things, sponsors, anything..

But I'm sure that as we know Luis's character he will have wanted to say sorry once the dust had settled and he thought things through.

I've personally thought he would leave all year, this incident hasn't changed that thought it hasnt enhanced it, I don't believe for a second that the bite was anything more than frustration and had Godins header been 5 minutes earlier if guarantee it wouldn't happen.

I'll never slag the lad off, I've spent the last three years either revelling in him or defending him, apart from his actions last summer he has been wonderful for us, and if he does leave I'll miss watching him live.
      But he needs peoples support and that's what we do best so he has mine and I do hope I'm wrong and we see the mad f**ker kissing his wrist and shooting his pistols at the Kop many more times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #661: Jul 01, 2014 10:15:11 am
      My mate works in the Adidas store in L1 and he told me they've been told to take some of the suarez posters down!

That's nothing new, Adidas are doing that everywhere.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #662: Jul 01, 2014 10:24:37 am
      Remember the good old days if they existed when if club A wanted a player from club B and they would go and ask that player's club if he was for sale, all this dancing around is like flirting without asking someone out.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #663: Jul 01, 2014 10:25:15 am
      Yeah I have to say debs I don't buy into that either

We all know Luis is emotional and on the edge a lot so simply after a few days of reflecting he will probably know he needed to say sorry, if he felt that why should he pick the phone up to Liverpool to ask them.. And he is apologising for the act, I'm not sure he needs to include us in that.

It's obvious to me that either Brendan or Ian Ayre will have spoken to him by now in private if not both, we do t know what was said but I'd guarantee those conversations have been had.

He fu**ed up, I'm sure he knows that.

Yes his agent may have told him they needed to go public with an apology but that could be to do with numerous things, sponsors, anything..

But I'm sure that as we know Luis's character he will have wanted to say sorry once the dust had settled and he thought things through.

I've personally thought he would leave all year, this incident hasn't changed that thought it hasnt enhanced it, I don't believe for a second that the bite was anything more than frustration and had Godins header been 5 minutes earlier if guarantee it wouldn't happen.

I'll never slag the lad off, I've spent the last three years either revelling in him or defending him, apart from his actions last summer he has been wonderful for us, and if he does leave I'll miss watching him live.
      But he needs peoples support and that's what we do best so he has mine and I do hope I'm wrong and we see the mad f**ker kissing his wrist and shooting his pistols at the Kop many more times

Same here mate. 

I just don't get how some fans are seeing his apology as some sort of transfer request.  He needed to apologise for what he did but he didn't need to consult with Brendan or anyone else to do it.

I agree that he probably wouldn't have done it if Uruguay were winning, that would have been totally pointless and I doubt it had anything to do with him preempting a move away this summer.

I don't want him to go but I won't begrudge him the move.  He's helped get us back into the CL and we're in a far better place for life without him now than we were 12 months ago.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #664: Jul 01, 2014 11:24:07 am
      Same here mate. 

I just don't get how some fans are seeing his apology as some sort of transfer request.  He needed to apologise for what he did but he didn't need to consult with Brendan or anyone else to do it.

I agree that he probably wouldn't have done it if Uruguay were winning, that would have been totally pointless and I doubt it had anything to do with him preempting a move away this summer.

I don't want him to go but I won't begrudge him the move.  He's helped get us back into the CL and we're in a far better place for life without him now than we were 12 months ago.

Some have had him sold since the incident, and totted up the money and demanded who should be brought in, ready to start blaming all and sundry if the club fails to get the targets they have chosen with the help of tabloid rumour mills.

It's all a bit daft really.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #665: Jul 01, 2014 11:29:42 am

So he didn't apologise for his family, or his sponsors, or because he f**king well should have, he did it because a Club that is rumoured to be sniffing round for his signature said he should.

Bang on.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #666: Jul 01, 2014 02:31:18 pm
      I don't give a S***, As gordan strachan said the other day on itv, football has no morals, Keep Suarez!!! Barca can do 1 they've got Rakitic now! Either Messi can come or they can f.o  :f_steam:

Quick Reply