Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Luis Suarez: The Bite - Part 3

Read 29401 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Luis Suarez: The Bite - Part 3
      Reply #621: Jun 26, 2014 01:59:54 pm
      F**k me, it's all kicking off in here.

For what it's worth, i couldn't give a flying f**k. I'm with Uruguay on this one, for me the evidence is inconclusive. The clip clearly shows Suarez making contact with slimeball's shoulder but it doesn't show him actually committing the bite, actually closing his jaws. I think Suarez went to bite him and pulled out of it. That's just my opinion on what i have seen.

To be honest i absolutely love Suarez and could forgive him for almost anything, he is one of the players that comes around once a decade if you are lucky. When you weigh up the ridiculous against the sublime it is fair to say that Suarez, while being a risk, is at least a risk very well worth taking.

It is no coincidence that once he is out of our jurisdiction he starts playing up. I don't know if Uruguay are part of the psychological rehabilitation process that we have implemented and if they are not then i would be slightly concerned, especially since he has been so well behaved since the introduction of Steve Peters. I most certainly think that it is a probable cause for his lack of composure during this recent incident.

I'd like to say that i find what he does as despicable but if i'm honest i don't. After reading Bellamy's book and finding out the state of Suarez legs after games then it is no wonder that now and again Suarez snaps. He gets kicked the f**k out of, the referees don't protect him and he will eventually snap, it's human nature. It's what torture was designed to do.

A great part of understanding Luis Suarez is having the ability to understand where he came from, how hard he has worked to get where he is and the constant scrutiny and punishment he receives. All because he is one of the best players in the world and the best striker in the Premier League.

No matter what he does i will always stick up for him, that goes for the biting and all. It's not something i choose to do against my better judgement, it's because it is my instinct to stick up for people like Suarez. Hard working warriors with a relentless desire to win.

In an ideal world we would say he is blessed, others would say he is cursed.

Let us not also forget that Brendan has built this team around Suarez for a reason, because he is special. He epitomizes everything about us.

For all those saying we should get rid, be honest with yourselves, would the lure of playing with Suarez be a decisive factor if Liverpool Football Club came in for you? I think it would. 

While I agree with you wholeheartedly about Suarez being a great player etc etc and I don't want to see him leave , I do believe Suarez bit him.

I posted this a while back, I think it is clear that Suarez munches down on his shoulder ?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #622: Jun 26, 2014 02:07:42 pm
      Dan Roanā€@danroanĀ·4 mins
      At Maracana where FIFA due to hold press conference in 30 mins, with growing expectation they'll make announcement on Suarez case

Hope its good news for LIVERPOOL

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #623: Jun 26, 2014 02:11:57 pm
      Dan Roanā€@danroanĀ·4 mins
      At Maracana where FIFA due to hold press conference in 30 mins, with growing expectation they'll make announcement on Suarez case

Hope its good news for LIVERPOOL

YNWA

I think $25000 fine and 3 match suspension, which I will be delighted with.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #624: Jun 26, 2014 02:13:59 pm
      Obviously it is going to be more of a talking point in England ..... Suarez plays in England. Supporters of other rival clubs talk about it because they are delighted to see our best player in trouble. We talk about it because we are concerned about the consequences for our best player. 

Over-reaction.... nah I don't think so.

Of course it will get more coverage in England, but even if that had happened in Brazil, with Brazilian players from Brazilian clubs, and the same goes for many other countries, the reaction wouldn't be near as big as that. The English media is a circus for a reason, people buy into it wholeheartedly, even those who are so dismissive of it here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #625: Jun 26, 2014 02:14:54 pm
      Suarez: 'Not Enough Evidence' For Bite Sanctions

Uruguay's FA chief says there is no clear video evidence against the striker as a Fifa committee prepares to deliver its verdict.

The head of Uruguay's football association has said there is not enough evidence for Fifa to "truly sanction" Luis Suarez after he appeared to bite an Italian defender.

The Liverpool striker was charged after television footage and photographs appeared to show him chewing on Giorgio Chiellini's shoulder in Tuesday night's Group D match.

Fifa's independent disciplinary committee met late into the evening on Wednesday without coming to a verdict and will meet again on Thursday.

But Wilmar Valdez told Uruguay's Channel 10 television that video evidence shown at the hearing was "not clear".

"We understand that there is not sufficient evidence to truly sanction Luis," he said.

A Fifa official has told Sky News Suarez "must face a severe sanction" if found guilty of biting Chiellini.

"If we allow this where will it stop?" he said.

But his country's President, Jose Mujica, has insisted: "I didn't see him bite anyone.

"We didn't choose him to be a philosopher or a mechanic or to have good manners. He's a great player.

"If we're going to take decisions in football based on what TV says, then there are loads of penalties and handballs you have to give that weren't given. So bad luck."

Suarez's  team-mates have also rallied to his defence.

Skipper Diego Lugano even suggested there was a media vendetta against the player.

"The British media has a vendetta against Suarez, and everyone knows that.

"It's obvious the vendetta sells newspapers in England, otherwise you wouldn't be here. Uruguay and Italy played yesterday (Tuesday). On Saturday Uruguay plays Colombia, I don't know why there's a British journalist asking about Suarez."

However Suarez was criticised by Uruguay football legend Alcides Ghiggia - the last survivor of the team which defeated Brazil to win the 1950 World Cup.

"Suarez plays well but he has done things that are not normal for a player nor for a soccer game," he said. "I think Fifa can sanction him."

The 27-year-old, banned twice before for biting opposing players, could be expelled from the tournament if found guilty.

http://news.sky.com/story/1289476/suarez-not-enough-evidence-for-bite-sanctions
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,403 posts | 6411 
      Reply #626: Jun 26, 2014 02:15:17 pm
      Just one last thing I'm going to say on this because it appears that this thread is either for people to condemn Suarez, or to condemn other Liverpool supporters because they don't think it's "ok" what he did.

The biting part to me, while weird and childish and petulant, isn't what I'm the most upset about. Like many have said...I'd probably rather get bitten than spit on or head butted or my leg broke with a tackle. What I'm upset about and if I'm honest, what I'm pissed at Luis for is that with his history of behavior, and with his own words about how much it's hurt his family and his team and with how much he wanted to change and be seen in a good light he's gone and done it again and not only done it, but done it on a world stage and now through his lawyer acting like he didn't do anything.

It's not that he doesn't see anything wrong with the biting...it's that he so far apparently doesn't see anything wrong with the fact that he's vowed to change his behavior and be a better man and yet he couldn't keep it together for a whole summer.

If it makes me less of a fan or less of a supporter or less of a human in some folks eyes to be upset with this then so be it. I've said my peace and I will always do my best to support the club over any player. If Luis is here, he's here, if he goes so be it. Either way I pray that he gets help for what appears to be some sort of emotional or mental issue.

And people need to stop throwing around the "you are buying into the media" BS....that has nothing to do with my opinions and likely doesn't have much to do with most folks' opinions if they have eyes and a brain and can see the evidence of what happened.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #627: Jun 26, 2014 02:25:45 pm
      Of course it will get more coverage in England, but even if that had happened in Brazil, with Brazilian players from Brazilian clubs, and the same goes for many other countries, the reaction wouldn't be near as big as that. The English media is a circus for a reason, people buy into it wholeheartedly, even those who are so dismissive of it here.

Yeah, maybe that's why the Uruguay president is involved because it is no big deal?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #628: Jun 26, 2014 02:27:54 pm
      Is there such a thing as punishing someone for multiple past discretions?

What I mean is, amongst all the furore the press, sky et all have created over this then it seems to be just taken for granted and discussed at length that because Luis's done this twice before then his ban should be longer. Surely this should be treated for the instance in one match that it was?

If you start basing bans on past incidents then bans will become ridiculous and players will be disappearing at a rapid rate for lengthier times.

Watch you don't set a precedent Fifa.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #629: Jun 26, 2014 02:30:14 pm
      Yeah, maybe that's why the Uruguay president is involved because it is no big deal?

So now he's involved because he made a comment about the issue? For me it's nothing new, a head of state talking about their national team's World Cup game. Dilma does that via twitter! :D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #630: Jun 26, 2014 02:31:50 pm
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkGs7B6sMFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkGs7B6sMFs

FIFAFIFAFIFAFIFAFIFA

:lmao:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #631: Jun 26, 2014 02:34:43 pm
      Is there such a thing as punishing someone for multiple past discretions?

What I mean is, amongst all the furore the press, sky et all have created over this then it seems to be just taken for granted and discussed at length that because Luis's done this twice before then his ban should be longer. Surely this should be treated for the instance in one match that it was?

If you start basing bans on past incidents then bans will become ridiculous and players will be disappearing at a rapid rate for lengthier times.

Watch you don't set a precedent Fifa.

I agree mate, I think the problem lies in that each football authority doesn't want to seem "softer" than any other. In Holland he got 8 games, England he got 10 games if you take it to its logical conclusion your 12 games wouldn't be far off the mark.

Personally I think FIFA will take the easy way out and give him a 3 game ban, avoiding the risk of an appeal and the problem of Luis playing in the next game (hoping that Uruguay don't make the final as he would be again available).
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #632: Jun 26, 2014 02:38:06 pm
      So now he's involved because he made a comment about the issue? For me it's nothing new, a head of state talking about their national team's World Cup game. Dilma does that via twitter! :D

Nothing unusual about some idiot commenting on twitter, very different when they are commenting on a tribunal before a decision has been made.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #633: Jun 26, 2014 02:46:47 pm
      Has Suarez been renditioned to a black site yet?

Surely that's what the pundits and media commentators in this country will be wanting next!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #634: Jun 26, 2014 02:46:48 pm
      9  INTERNATIONAL games ban for LUIS and unconfirmed 4months toal football ban
       its on twitter
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #635: Jun 26, 2014 02:50:16 pm
      Time for a little humor while we await the verdict  :angel:

https://vine.co/v/MtptO0bUhL5

https://vine.co/v/MtHFg7EPnni

Suarez has played 441 professional games for club and country in which he has come up against roughly 6,200 players and bitten 3 of them.  The odds of being bitten by Suarez are just over 1 in 2,000.  The odds of being bitten by a shark are 1 in 3.7 million.  You are more likely to be bitten by Suarez than a shark.   
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #636: Jun 26, 2014 03:51:17 pm
      Another thing that irritates me is the lack of consistency.  Pepe, who is also a serial offender of violent conduct on the field, was only handed a 1 match suspension for his headbutt on Muller, but Suarez gets a 4 month ban.... 
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #637: Jun 26, 2014 03:55:08 pm
      Realistically I'd say- elbowing someone in the head on a constant basis is far worse than a more childish teeth first battle. It's comical more than some equivalent war crime in football.
       I knew all the media would have a field day. To me, breaking peoples legs or elbowing them in the face or headbutting are far more disgusting and for the most part go unpunished in relation to the seriousness of the action.
      Suarez is a total dipshit for doing it, but it's more childish than career/season ending in it's severity.

Some of the sh*t I've seen footballers do, this is low down on the scoville scale, that to me is the reality of the situation and no amount of media bullshit will amplify or exaggerate it beyond the level of what it was - a stupid incident.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #638: Jun 26, 2014 04:07:53 pm
      I need to calm down.

I F***ing hate injustice.

I should be used to by now but I can't.

Shitebag F***ing cu*ts.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #639: Jun 26, 2014 04:08:40 pm
      Realistically I'd say- elbowing someone in the head on a constant basis is far worse than a more childish teeth first battle. It's comical more than some equivalent war crime in football.
       I knew all the media would have a field day. To me, breaking peoples legs or elbowing them in the face or headbutting are far more disgusting and for the most part go unpunished in relation to the seriousness of the action.
      Suarez is a total dipshit for doing it, but it's more childish than career/season ending in it's severity.

Some of the sh*t I've seen footballers do, this is low down on the scoville scale, that to me is the reality of the situation and no amount of media bullshit will amplify or exaggerate it beyond the level of what it was - a stupid incident.

I think the difference is that the other stuff is quite frequent. I can't recall of any other player biting someone on the pitch once, let alone three times. It may not be worse than elbows and leg breakers but it's so uncommon to the extent that it's shocking to see when it does happen.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #640: Jun 26, 2014 04:16:31 pm
      I think the difference is that the other stuff is quite frequent. I can't recall of any other player biting someone on the pitch once, let alone three times. It may not be worse than elbows and leg breakers but it's so uncommon to the extent that it's shocking to see when it does happen.

I know, it's very unusual, it must be a part of his primal anger retaliation, some will scratch, some will kick, some will punch etc.
      It is odd, that's probably why everyone is flapping about it, over the top tbh, just because it's not your traditional studs to the head of a Shearer or Cantona kick to a fans face. Which of course are just ordinary everyday occurrences.

Whereas a nip on the shoulder is the equivalent of him using a gun.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #641: Jun 26, 2014 04:24:31 pm
      Maybe F***ing Fifa should look around them and bring all the brown envelope clutching bas**rds to book. Won't F***ing happen will it?

While Rome F***ing burns.......
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #642: Jun 26, 2014 04:31:02 pm
      I know, it's very unusual, it must be a part of his primal anger retaliation, some will scratch, some will kick, some will punch etc.
      It is odd, that's probably why everyone is flapping about it, over the top tbh, just because it's not your traditional studs to the head of a Shearer or Cantona kick to a fans face. Which of course are just ordinary everyday occurrences.

Whereas a nip on the shoulder is the equivalent of him using a gun.

The reaction is no more right than the action. This is why I think he's receiving such sever punishment each time. It's not that each governing body wants to outdo the last, it's that none of them want to be seen as taking something so shocking too lightly. It doesn't make it right but it is what it is and Luis, not FIFA is to blame for this. I also think he is badly advised by the Uruguayan camp each time he's there because their culture is such that it's not seen big a deal over there as it is across most of the rest of the world. He's a liability but one we can ill afford to do without so the best thing that could come out of this is that he remains a Liverpool player and works constantly with the club psychologist to moderate his behaviour. I would now be very surprised if Real or Barca wanted to sign a player who was banned for four months for biting someone in the World Cup, and even more surprised if Liverpool allowed him to leave on a cut price deal.  Like us, they have reputations to uphold.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #643: Jun 26, 2014 04:52:39 pm
      The reaction is no more right than the action. This is why I think he's receiving such sever punishment each time. It's not that each governing body wants to outdo the last, it's that none of them want to be seen as taking something so shocking too lightly. It doesn't make it right but it is what it is and Luis, not FIFA is to blame for this. I also think he is badly advised by the Uruguayan camp each time he's there because their culture is such that it's not seen big a deal over there as it is across most of the rest of the world. He's a liability but one we can ill afford to do without so the best thing that could come out of this is that he remains a Liverpool player and works constantly with the club psychologist to moderate his behaviour. I would now be very surprised if Real or Barca wanted to sign a player who was banned for four months for biting someone in the World Cup, and even more surprised if Liverpool allowed him to leave on a cut price deal.  Like us, they have reputations to uphold.

I wouldn't let him go in a totally cut price deal to Barca or Real (we would lose out when we can just forget about him 'til he's ready to come back) won't really give a crap as long as they get his work rate and goals/ assists. He won't be able to play for awhile, maybe they'd still buy him now as if they were signing him in the winter transfer window, he  is a bit mental like a lot of the previous greats have been. I know Fifa have to be seen to act according to the violent conduct before them, still to me it is well less violent than an elbow to the face or possible leg breaking tackle.

The player wasn't harmed that bad and can carry on playing without any intentional serious injury. Simple as that for me.

Quick Reply