Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Divock Origi (Lille)

Read 22306 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Divock Origi (Lille)
      Reply #184: Jul 10, 2014 02:10:03 pm
      About Origi, is he going to keep Ibe out the side then? I don't think this signing is an improvement to our squad until we actually know our Ibe's capabilities.  Ibe is largely untested.  Why are we buying a player for 10m that may not any better than players who we've been loaning out. If we turn Origi into something special and don't give Ibe a chance I'll be disappointed.  It's what people are complaining about when they say our national team suffers. From what I've seen of Origi, which is not a lot. . He seems like a good player in French league but the opposition was quite slow at closing him down. The premiership isn't going to give him the same time or space. Also,  if he's that good why would Lille sell him after two seasons? He is meant to be a striker, but I wouldn't say he's got a record to boast about. Ibe scored 4 goals in 6 games for England U19. He's played 3 games for Liverpool total.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6418 
      Reply #185: Jul 10, 2014 02:14:44 pm
      About Origi, is he going to keep Ibe out the side then? I don't think this signing is an improvement to our squad until we actually know our Ibe's capabilities.  Ibe is largely untested.  Why are we buying a player for 10m that may not any better than players who we've been loaning out. If we turn Origi into something special and don't give Ibe a chance I'll be disappointed.  It's what people are complaining about when they say our national team suffers. From what I've seen of Origi, which is not a lot. . He seems like a good player in French league but the opposition was quite slow at closing him down. The premiership isn't going to give him the same time or space. Also,  if he's that good why would Lille sell him after two seasons? He is meant to be a striker, but I wouldn't say he's got a record to boast about. Ibe scored 4 goals in 6 games for England U19. He's played 3 games for Liverpool total.
      All indications are that Lille are getting him loaned back for a season so he isn't going to keep anyone out if the squad. He's one for next year apparently.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #186: Jul 10, 2014 02:19:25 pm
      All indications are that Lille are getting him loaned back for a season so he isn't going to keep anyone out if the squad. He's one for next year apparently.

Hopefully add some quality depth to the squad with a bit of experience under his belt.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #187: Jul 10, 2014 02:19:57 pm
      Perhaps what Rodgers is thinking is he might have to replace one or more of Lambert, Aspas or Borini at the end of the season. I think Lambert will have a decent season but because of his age he has to be an instant success. I'm not sure on if Rodgers rates Ibe or not. We'll find out this season I guess.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6418 
      Reply #188: Jul 10, 2014 02:21:25 pm
      Perhaps what Rodgers is thinking is he might have to replace one or more of Lambert, Aspas or Borini at the end of the season. I'm not sure on if Rodgers rates Ibe or not. We'll find out this season I guess.
      I would wager he does rate him as evidenced by him getting game time with the first team last year.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,228 posts | 845 
      Reply #189: Jul 10, 2014 02:42:08 pm
      James Pearce reckons that Origi will still sign for Liverpool despite interest from Spurs and Madrid
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #190: Jul 10, 2014 03:27:14 pm

I would have thought it shouldn't bother Ibe in the least - he's progressing nicely as a winger and trying to emulate Sterling.

Still a bit steep forking out £9.8M though, even if 3.8M of it is for 'add-ons'. And it's a bit daft too to think we've just let go (probably for sweet FA) of Hodzic who was more prolific. 
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #191: Jul 11, 2014 08:22:49 am
      Seriously....I don't know why Ayre didn't run onto the field during the Belgium/USA match to get his signature. I mean it's not like we didn't know where this kid was. World Cup.....pffftttt....like that's a big deal.

Not sure why the sarcasm is needed.

Chelsea managed to get Fabregas while he was at the the World Cup, Barca managed to get Rakitic while he was at the World Cup, etc.  Those were both MUCH bigger in scope and scale than our bid for Origi.

If they can get those done during the World Cup then there's no reason we couldn't have done the same with Origi.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #192: Jul 11, 2014 08:35:49 am

I think the negotiating has been going on longer for Fabgregas than ours with Origi, plus
      Ibe's a winger isn't he? whereas Origi is a striker in similar in style to what Sturridge does.
      I can't see the problem (o.k, he's got to go back for a year) in getting players like this who could end up worth 5 to ten times what we paid.
      People have moaned before about missing out on getting players like Silva, Ronaldo (before Utd) or Michu even, I know there are loads of other ones we passed over.
      That's what we are doing here, getting a player before he proves what he can do and the hype escalates his price.

He mightn't have banged in a load of goals in the WC but his talent was there for all to see, I've only heard positive things from the commentators and pundits, they just said; his decision making sometimes is a bit rash- like any young player.
      Why is there a problem? Seriously, what do you want? Us to buy Messi and Ibrahimovich come on now, have some perspective.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #193: Jul 11, 2014 08:38:11 am
      I thought he looked unbelievable at the World Cup.  Very good on the ball, hard working, and a threat in the air---something he's got over Sturridge.  If Lille will only sell him to us if we send him back on loan this season, then so be it, but I'm not so sure this lad isn't ready to start for us right now.  Think he might do if we manage to bring him right now.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #194: Jul 11, 2014 08:45:45 am
      I thought he looked unbelievable at the World Cup.  Very good on the ball, hard working, and a threat in the air---something he's got over Sturridge.  If Lille will only sell him to us if we send him back on loan this season, then so be it, but I'm not so sure this lad isn't ready to start for us right now.  Think he might do if we manage to bring him right now.

I think he's ready now but it's how we've managed (or may have) to make the deal, with that agreement for him to go back.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #195: Jul 11, 2014 09:33:51 am

Chelsea managed to get Fabregas while he was at the the World Cup, Barca managed to get Rakitic while he was at the World Cup, etc.  Those were both MUCH bigger in scope and scale than our bid for Origi.

If they can get those done during the World Cup then there's no reason we couldn't have done the same with Origi.

Both of those deals were in place before the World Cup started as terms had already been agreed between club and players. There were no terms agreed between us and Origi before the World Cup started so you can't compare these deals.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #196: Jul 11, 2014 10:23:03 am

as already said,the chavs and barca were already asking for their mentioned targets  before the world cup even started and pretty sure they had already agreed personal terms with the players involved
      about Origi , I doubt(me for sure) the majority here ever heard of the player, seen him for the 1st. time at the WC
       so I don't think you can compare ,   LFC contacted Lille( as per reports) while the player was still in Brazil,
        just lets hope this deal is done quickly  enough before the spuds and levy turns the player's head

YNWA
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #197: Jul 11, 2014 11:46:49 am
      This pretty much closes the door for Ibe then?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #198: Jul 11, 2014 11:52:10 am
      This pretty much closes the door for Ibe then?

How'd you figure?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #199: Jul 11, 2014 05:30:43 pm
      Another young winger coming in makes it harder for him to break through into the team
      Bier
      Reply #200: Jul 11, 2014 05:32:37 pm
      Another young winger coming in makes it harder for him to break through into the team

Origi is more a striker though, and he's going to be loaned back to Lille I think.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,223 posts | 4418 
      Reply #201: Jul 11, 2014 05:33:02 pm

I thought I read somewhere he will be loaned back to Lille or wherever he is coming from.

yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #202: Jul 11, 2014 11:48:25 pm
      Next year, after the Lille loan back and with lambert nearly 34, he will be the perfect back to Sturridge and much coveted
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #203: Jul 12, 2014 04:33:43 am
      Think he is a very smart signing from what little i have seen of him since the WC started.
      Good to loan him back and keep his confidence high and playing regular footy.
      To me the price, current stature and loan back proposition is a win win i reckon.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #204: Jul 12, 2014 11:19:06 am
      Ah fair, I was sure he was a winger for some reason
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2864 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #205: Jul 12, 2014 11:29:24 am
      Origi is more a striker though, and he's going to be loaned back to Lille I think.

That might depend on us getting in a replacement for Luis
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #206: Jul 12, 2014 03:52:04 pm
      I was thinking -- is it possible the loan back to Lille could only be for six months? Like, could we get Origi in January?

Quick Reply