Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think LFC should do?

Keep Suárez
      130 (68.1%)
      Sell Suárez
      61 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Suarez: BANNED from all football for 4 months

Read 41461 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Suarez: BANNED from all football for 4 months
      Reply #46: Jun 26, 2014 03:13:52 pm
      We seen to be getting punished more than anyone here

FIFA got this wrong, I'd take them to court
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #47: Jun 26, 2014 03:15:13 pm
      Biting in front of the whole world - he only has himself to blame. How could he be so stupid? And the Uruguayan press and team - F***ing aggravated the situation which did their cause no good at all.

Yet again, we are getting f*cked over by this again - and I can only blame Suarez. There's only so much patience and trust you can put into him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #48: Jun 26, 2014 03:15:41 pm
      Fifa not knowing their own rules is a good thing if the club wants to take the matter to court.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #49: Jun 26, 2014 03:15:59 pm
      We seen to be getting punished more than anyone here

FIFA got this wrong, I'd take them to court

The punishment is for Suarez.  We are just the ones to pay because we own the contract rights to the F***ing idiot.  He is a footballing genius, but he is a F***ing liability with his antics....
      Bier
      Reply #50: Jun 26, 2014 03:16:22 pm
      The irony. He wanted CL football so much, and now he's out for the first half our group games. This can't end well.

I feel FIFA have no business taking this to club football level, but it doesn't surprise me.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #51: Jun 26, 2014 03:16:27 pm
      But can we appeal?

I assume the first thing we will do is fine him 4 months wages, we wont be paying for a player who cant play...Luis and his legal team can argue all they want, he wont be getting paid.

Not even sure we can avoid paying his wages mate.

FA and PFA state that clubs can only fine players two weeks' wages -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8854950/Carlos-Tevez-fine-rule-a-bit-crazy-says-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-as-furious-Manchester-City-blast-PFA-chief-Gordon-Taylor.html
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #52: Jun 26, 2014 03:17:02 pm
      9 league games he misses, 3 Champions League games and 1 league Cup game, Liverpool got hammered .1st game back is 1st November..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Jun 26, 2014 03:17:38 pm
      Why isn't it just a ban from Internationals, make it lifetime I don't care. I don't see how its fair for it to affect us when he wasn't playing or representing us, that is bullshit and surely it must be possible to challenge it. F**k it take it to human rights courts or something.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #54: Jun 26, 2014 03:18:33 pm
      If he leaves, it's all mixed feelings. It's like what Terry Venables said about Paul Gascoigne when he left Spurs for Lazio:

'It's like seeing your mother-in-law drive your Ferrari off a cliff'.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #55: Jun 26, 2014 03:18:35 pm
      I didn't see him getting banned for Uruguay when he bit somebody playing for Ajax and Liverpool so why do we have to suffer after he's done it for Uruguay? Talk about being backwards!

The owners won't want to pay him £200k a week for 4 months if he's done piss all on the pitch due to being banned again. He'll be sold and we won't get anywhere near his market value for him. Just when the press were starting to like him and support him a bit more he goes and does this, if he didn't like how they treated him last time then he's in for a rude awakening this time. He can't blame the press again that's for sure, all on him!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #56: Jun 26, 2014 03:18:48 pm
      The punishment is for Suarez.  We are just the ones to pay because we own the contract rights to the f**king idiot.  He is a footballing genius, but he is a f**king liability with his antics....

I don't F***ing care mate

We are suffering here for nothing to do with us

That's not right
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #57: Jun 26, 2014 03:19:24 pm
      The punishment is for Suarez.  We are just the ones to pay because we own the contract rights to the f**king idiot.  He is a footballing genius, but he is a f**king liability with his antics....

Just tough to take because he wasn't representing Liverpool when he committed the action, but you're right we're the ones with the contract so we're the ones who have to pay.

We were warned about him through his history and it was our decision to take the gamble to keep him on our books and now we pay the price for that.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #58: Jun 26, 2014 03:20:10 pm
      It's one thing taking it to club level but it's a totally different thing to make his club ban longer (potentially 14 games compared to 9).
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #59: Jun 26, 2014 03:21:24 pm
      What's all this talk about appealing? We should be counting our lucky stars he's only missing the first couple months of the season I was expecting a much longer ban. It also shouldn't affect his sale price if he goes to Barcelona.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #60: Jun 26, 2014 03:21:50 pm
      So LFC are penalised for something Suarez did on international duty?

That's a fvcking pi$$taking, fvcking joke, corrupt kunts!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #61: Jun 26, 2014 03:23:33 pm

Surely the Uruguayan FA will have to pay us compensation, as is the case when players get injured for their country?
      Jimsouse67

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #62: Jun 26, 2014 03:24:41 pm

Could not agree more with the above.
      The lad just doesn't learn,once again LFC are left to pick the pieces.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #63: Jun 26, 2014 03:24:41 pm
      I can't believe that it's us who seem to be bigger losers than Uruguay. Then again, this is the corrupt organisation that is FIFA, should we actually be surprised at anything they do!
      Hopefully the club have a team of top, top lawyers pouring over every last detail to see if there are grounds to appeal, or maybe sue the pants off them.. I expect Suarez to foot the legal bill!
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #64: Jun 26, 2014 03:25:34 pm
      What's all this talk about appealing? We should be counting our lucky stars he's only missing the first couple months of the season I was expecting a much longer ban. It also shouldn't affect his sale price if he goes to Barcelona.

Why would this not affect sale price? Who wants to pay market value for a player who can't play for four months? Especially when they'd most likely have to pay four months of wages on an unusable player?

And that's all forgetting the fact that he just provided further evidence that he's a massive liability to have in a team - which alone will also bring down his sale price.

I think we'd be lucky to get £50m for him in this window, a big drop to what he was worth a week ago. If we're even allowed to sell.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #65: Jun 26, 2014 03:26:09 pm
      They are just sick of his antics, disgusting behavior and punished him more severely, they have banned HIM regardless of what you think. they have not punished us at all, he has punished us with his stupid behavior.

I hope we can withhold his wages and get someone bedded in while he is out.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #66: Jun 26, 2014 03:26:37 pm
      Gutted to have such a harsh ban imposed. VERY pissed off, did not expect us to be hit.
      The Ferrari will have to sit in the driveway, tax and insurance still needs to be paid, probably won't be able to sell it on, and even at that would need to be discounted.

We might need to bring in another striker. Holy tits up...
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #67: Jun 26, 2014 03:26:47 pm
      As he is band from all football activity is it even possible to change club?

When suspense is off transfer window is closed so basically clubs would have to wait till January
      LFCexiled
      Reply #68: Jun 26, 2014 03:27:14 pm
       Bollocks. Absolute F***ing blocks that is. Why should we as a club be punished for what happens on international duty?

Quick Reply