Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Lazar Markovic (Benfica)

Read 34879 times
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Re: Lazar Markovic
      Reply #23: Jun 27, 2014 11:31:04 pm
      Thanks for taking the time to write that.

Well, by the sounds of it he sounds promising. Not worth £20m just yet then?

His potential warrants such a price (20m) if not more in the modern market, but given the addition of Lallana and the fact that we've already got Sterling and Coutinho, no I don't think he's worth 20m+ to us at this point in time.

I just think it's a gamble to take and I personally would rather see us go spend that money on other players who can operate in different parts of the pitch. We've got enough up and coming talent in the attacking midfield and we've got players who are similar especially with Lallana now (5'9" and under, quick, skillful, not very strong).
      Tommy#Benfica
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 12 
      Re: Lazar Markovic (Benfica)
      Reply #24: Jun 28, 2014 01:28:24 am
      He was born in 94 but plays as if he had 25 years.
      He grew up a lot this season defensively. Benfica play 4-4-2 then ends have to defend a lot and still be available to attack. And he has reached that level.

Too much speed, good technique, makes good decisions and has ... balls.
      When he arrived the media said he already came with an agreement with Chelsea. I do not know if this is true. I hope he can stay here a long time. At 20 years shows more than Di Maria or Gaitán showed when they arrived.

He is a real talent.

Goals:

Others:

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #25: Jun 28, 2014 02:03:54 am
      From the stuff I've seen, he looks very promising.
      But, we have to consider things. He's in a weak league. What will he be like when he fills out?
      Will he still have pace? Will he have enough strength? He's not prolific currently.THats not a problem, but will he develop a top quality shot. Could be a great addition. But lets not have Fenway thinking they can con us into thinking Lazar is some ready made Luis replacement. He's a long way from being ready to lead a top top PL team. And he's very different to Luis in numerous ways.

Having said all that, yes I'd certainly like to see him sign for us.

I'd already put him ahead of Lallana and substantially ahead of Coutinho and Allen. Altho ofcourse he's not the same type as them.
      Maybe he's of a similar level to Sterling already.

So we could feel Raheem and Lazar, Sturridge and ... hopefully Luis, in a 1st 11 and bench.
      I think we need to remmember Raheem should not be overplayed at this stage. And Sturridge will likely miss games with niggles.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #26: Jun 28, 2014 02:39:27 am
       AmericanPlant ...

I'd think he'd be on the right side saving Johnson from embarrassing himself so much (if Glen is still part of the starting 11) and whoever is on the right side can be tighter in defense because he's not a wimp on the ball (Lazar).
      He was the outstanding player in that game against Juventus in the Europa league, didn't look like a young player he looked like a boss on the pitch.
      He battled and chased/ challenged for the ball constantly the whole game... he got subbed, right at the end and got sent off from the touchline (missing the final)... weird I know.
      I had to look up what game it was I saw him in, I remembered he got sent off after he got subbed.
      In my humble opinion, he just looks lively, technical and defensive as in shielding the ball, not sloppy.

a tidy industrious player.

I'm expecting my £20 in the post off his Pr company for this.
      Very promising prospect.

Our team is starting to look a bit immense if all these most talked about signings get done.

F'n made up.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #27: Jun 28, 2014 03:56:26 am
      Funny how a few believe that because we have supposed interests in bringing in more attacking players it means Suarez is on his way out. We all knew to a man we needed to improve the first team with more quality and options with CL football looming, but now it means Suarez is leaving.  :
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #28: Jun 28, 2014 09:33:28 am
      He seems to be a good player, I don't know if he's worth 20mil and doubt it but if he is really good, then so be it. We must trust BR, overspending wont matter if we get all the players we need.

I just hopes it doesn't mean we're selling Suarez if we sign him. The guy is too precious. He's stupid, very very stupid, but he is a great player and Liverpool is the best club for him.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #29: Jun 28, 2014 09:55:38 am
      AmericanPlant ...

I'd think he'd be on the right side saving Johnson from embarrassing himself so much (if Glen is still part of the starting 11) and whoever is on the right side can be tighter in defense because he's not a wimp on the ball (Lazar).
      He was the outstanding player in that game against Juventus in the Europa league, didn't look like a young player he looked like a boss on the pitch.
      He battled and chased/ challenged for the ball constantly the whole game... he got subbed, right at the end and got sent off from the touchline (missing the final)... weird I know.
      I had to look up what game it was I saw him in, I remembered he got sent off after he got subbed.
      In my humble opinion, he just looks lively, technical and defensive as in shielding the ball, not sloppy.

a tidy industrious player.

I'm expecting my £20 in the post off his Pr company for this.
      Very promising prospect.

Our team is starting to look a bit immense if all these most talked about signings get done.

F'n made up.

He's obviously not the finished article. I'd want to see him fill out a little. And develop a powerful shot and team intelligence.
      But he looks better than Ronaldo and Luis for his age, from the little I saw. Probably similar to Aguero at that age.
      R and L became megastars, Aguero became just "very very good".
      20m, 25m looks VERY good business for us on the little I've seen.
      If we had a maturing Raheem, a maturing Lazar AND Luis in the same team, that would quite likely be the most exciting team Liverpool have ever had.
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #30: Jun 28, 2014 12:06:48 pm
      Well he has great pace for starters,if we pay that amount of money we need to give him games,he will be kicked a lot in PL thats for sure.So if we sign him,he might go 1 step back first as player before he starts improving.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #31: Jun 29, 2014 02:57:25 am
      I've only seen little bits of Markovic in the Europa League. Seems pretty impressive from what I've seen. His pace would be a huge asset on the counter.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #32: Jun 29, 2014 09:46:39 am
      I think it'd be disappointing to spend £20m+ on him. Have seen his record and it's pretty poor. It's a dangerous game we are playing. We really ought to be buying players who have the ability and experience to make an impact for us almost immediately.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #33: Jun 29, 2014 09:49:56 am
      I think it'd be disappointing to spend £20m+ on him. Have seen his record and it's pretty poor. It's a dangerous game we are playing. We really ought to be buying players who have the ability and experience to make an impact for us almost immediately.

Who would that be? Maybe someone with premier league experience, an international who was a star at his previous club.. Lalana perhaps!!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #34: Jun 29, 2014 09:52:18 am

Genuinely who?

I keep seeing you just complain at the minute which I hadn't tagged you as a few weeks ago
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #35: Jun 29, 2014 10:10:46 am
      Genuinely who?

I keep seeing you just complain at the minute which I hadn't tagged you as a few weeks ago

Do you really feel young, unproven talent is the way forward at the minute? Do you think it'll help us push on for first?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #36: Jun 29, 2014 10:11:24 am
      Who would that be? Maybe someone with premier league experience, an international who was a star at his previous club.. Lalana perhaps!!

Or maybe Sanchez..
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #37: Jun 29, 2014 10:14:25 am
      Do you really feel young, unproven talent is the way forward at the minute? Do you think it'll help us push on for first?

I'm asking you who you feel would move us forward if you don't think the players we are bringing in will?

The history of football is full of 'unproven talents' moving to other clubs and kicking on..
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #38: Jun 29, 2014 11:37:47 am

So who did we buy last season that were proven superstars that pushed us from 7th to 2nd?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #39: Jun 29, 2014 12:00:06 pm
      So who did we buy last season that were proven superstars that pushed us from 7th to 2nd?

To even imply our signings from last season pushed us to 2nd is ridiculous. What pushed us to 2nd was the change of system, which saw the likes of Sturridge (yes, BR signing)' Hendo, Stevie, Sterling and Suarez flourish.

Going from 2nd to 1st will be a huge task. We cannot do it with our current squad given the amount of competitions we will be involved in. We came 2nd because we had nothing else to play for. We played significantly less than our rivals. We have to be realistic for the season ahead.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #40: Jun 29, 2014 12:11:36 pm
      To even imply our signings from last season pushed us to 2nd is ridiculous. What pushed us to 2nd was the change of system, which saw the likes of Sturridge (yes, BR signing)' Hendo, Stevie, Sterling and Suarez flourish.

Going from 2nd to 1st will be a huge task. We cannot do it with our current squad given the amount of competitions we will be involved in. We came 2nd because we had nothing else to play for. We played significantly less than our rivals. We have to be realistic for the season ahead.

So if it's not the players, why do you keep complaining about who we're buying?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #41: Jun 29, 2014 12:22:37 pm
      Personally I'm really happy about the players we bought and the ones that look like they're coming.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #42: Jun 29, 2014 12:29:31 pm
      So if it's not the players, why do you keep complaining about who we're buying?

Most of the players who flourished were not BR signings. I have no doubt he's an excellent coach, but his signings since being here have been hit and miss.

This is the summer we need to push on. We had a huge advantage last season and still failed to win the league. This season coming we won't have that advantage. We need quality in depth and unfortunately, our current squad just doesn't have that. It's not just that quality in depth, but also strengthening the first XI. Will our summer signings do that for us?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #43: Jun 29, 2014 12:30:45 pm
      Personally I'm really happy about the players we bought and the ones that look like they're coming.

List these players who are supposedly coming in..
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #44: Jun 29, 2014 01:00:54 pm
      Most of the players who flourished were not BR signings. I have no doubt he's an excellent coach, but his signings since being here have been hit and miss.

This is the summer we need to push on. We had a huge advantage last season and still failed to win the league. This season coming we won't have that advantage. We need quality in depth and unfortunately, our current squad just doesn't have that. It's not just that quality in depth, but also strengthening the first XI. Will our summer signings do that for us?

Failed to win due to lack of depth is all. This season believe it or not, we don't need to push on. We need to consolidate top 4 so that finances still come in allowing further squad expansion in future seasons. NEXT season we need to push on. That's not to say if we get the opportunity to win the league then shy away from it. Every season we set out to win it, but we need to keep top 4 after working so hard last season.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #45: Jun 29, 2014 01:27:19 pm
      List these players who are supposedly coming in..

Markovic, Origi, Lovren, Shaqiri.. Sanchez

Quick Reply