Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 224775 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1564: Sep 04, 2018 04:49:05 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3363 
      Reply #1565: Sep 04, 2018 04:50:46 pm
      Getting pretty fu**ed off with England duty always screwing one of our players
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #1566: Sep 04, 2018 05:20:32 pm
      So been training with the club since preseason, say 7/8 weeks and no problems then trains with England for, what, a day, and gets injured straight away.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1567: Sep 04, 2018 05:22:04 pm
      He has not had a great time with injuries in the last 12 months.

Should call time on his England career if he wants to prolong his Liverpool career.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1568: Sep 04, 2018 06:20:24 pm
      F**k England and international football
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #1569: Sep 04, 2018 06:40:31 pm
      They call him Mr. Glass
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1570: Sep 04, 2018 06:59:43 pm
      Lallana is too injury prone unfortunately and no longer a first team player.

Need to sell him in the Summer we already have replacements in Shaqiri and Jones.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #1571: Sep 04, 2018 11:25:37 pm
      The silver lining here is that this injury (Lallana) is in a position we have plenty of cover.  He is a good player, but was already struggling to break into the side with everyone fit.  It would be nice to have him as an option, but not a huge miss either.  Look at it this way -- if I had to choose between Lallana and Sturridge picking up am innocuous injury, I'd pick Adam as Danny is the more important backup right now. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1572: Sep 04, 2018 11:42:38 pm
      How the F**k does he get injured every time he goes away for International duties?

How the F**k does he get picked for International duty, when he hasn't played more then 20 minutes this season?

For Fucks sake.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1573: Sep 05, 2018 04:31:11 pm
      How the f**k does he get injured every time he goes away for International duties?

How the f**k does he get picked for International duty, when he hasn't played more then 20 minutes this season?

For Fucks sake.

Makes a mockery of the selection process when the likes of Lallana and Delph are being picked over the likes of Maddison.

Didn’t see a place for Lallana in our team anymore anyway, wouldn’t be surprised if we only see him make a handful of appearances between now and the end of the season and then he’ll be off in the summer.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1574: Sep 05, 2018 05:10:14 pm
      Very frustrating that he keeps getting injured as we are going into a very tough stretch with 7 games in 3 weeks playing against difficult teams, including the champions league.

Our midfield options are basically down to Gini, Milner, Keita and Henderson, as Shaqiri will be needed to cover for the front 3. That's not very good for what we have coming up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1575: Sep 05, 2018 05:19:02 pm
      Very frustrating that he keeps getting injured as we are going into a very tough stretch with 7 games in 3 weeks playing against difficult teams, including the champions league.

Our midfield options are basically down to Gini, Milner, Keita and Henderson, as Shaqiri will be needed to cover for the front 3. That's not very good for what we have coming up.

Fabinho will be playing after the break, Shaqiri also played midfield during pre-season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1576: Sep 05, 2018 05:49:31 pm
      Fabinho will be playing after the break, Shaqiri also played midfield during pre-season.

Ah yes, Fabinho. That brings it to 5 mids for 3 positions, so it still allows for reasonable rotation. Shaqiri could also serve in midfield but i don't think he'll play much in it, if at all, since he and Sturridge are the only 2 quality fill-ins for the front 3. Other than the Carabao game i don't want to see Origi or Solanke getting meaningful minutes up front in such important games.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1577: Sep 05, 2018 06:35:29 pm
      Only a minor injury apparently and he will be fit again before the end of the month.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1578: Sep 05, 2018 07:24:20 pm
      Only a minor injury apparently and he will be fit again before the end of the month.

And another 3-4 weeks to get match fit. Argh.

Hopefully he will be match fit come December.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1579: Sep 05, 2018 07:35:50 pm
      As most people know i will back our players almost to the hilt but poor old adam has really got me feeling that come next summer that it's time for a conscious uncoupling
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1580: Sep 05, 2018 08:37:20 pm
      As most people know i will back our players almost to the hilt but poor old adam has really got me feeling that come next summer that it's time for a conscious uncoupling
      Lallana is an odd one, I see potential but the problem is after an injury he can't hit the ground running. He is a player that needs to be constantly in the team to play well. After a slight niggle he underperforms for a while whilst gradually getting better until he gets another niggle and it is like a cycle. If these niggles were rare it would not be a problem, but they are a bit too regular. He has potential, but we have had too many potential players. It could be a psychological problem, especially when seeing his reaction in the u23 game. I think it is something worth looking at. His contract is until 2020 and I don't think we would get much for him in the summer window, he will  be 31 by then. We might as well cut our losses with him. I don't think Lallana will get the opportunity to get a run in the squad now. It is a shame because when he performs he is a player that suits Klopp's plans perfectly, we can't drop anybody in our side for enough time for Lallana to shine though and that is something he will get at another team if he can stop getting these niggles.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1581: Sep 05, 2018 09:34:51 pm
      Lallana is an odd one, I see potential but the problem is after an injury he can't hit the ground running. He is a player that needs to be constantly in the team to play well. After a slight niggle he underperforms for a while whilst gradually getting better until he gets another niggle and it is like a cycle. If these niggles were rare it would not be a problem, but they are a bit too regular. He has potential, but we have had too many potential players. It could be a psychological problem, especially when seeing his reaction in the u23 game. I think it is something worth looking at. His contract is until 2020 and I don't think we would get much for him in the summer window, he will  be 31 by then. We might as well cut our losses with him. I don't think Lallana will get the opportunity to get a run in the squad now. It is a shame because when he performs he is a player that suits Klopp's plans perfectly, we can't drop anybody in our side for enough time for Lallana to shine though and that is something he will get at another team if he can stop getting these niggles.

Agreed
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1582: Sep 06, 2018 12:57:29 am
      Had no business being in the England squad anyway. Hardly played last season and only featured a handful of minutes this season what rationale was there to call him up? Madness
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1583: Sep 06, 2018 03:14:35 pm
      Reports saying it is a strain so he will be out for a couple weeks, gutted for him because he would have a chance to get some minutes over the next few weeks to show he has a role within the squad. I hope no one else gets injured over the international break.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #1584: Sep 06, 2018 07:43:26 pm
      Had no business being in the England squad anyway. Hardly played last season and only featured a handful of minutes this season what rationale was there to call him up? Madness

Have to agree with this, utter madness.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1585: Sep 06, 2018 07:53:10 pm

Like fulham's reserve goalkeeper getting a callup
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1586: Sep 06, 2018 09:02:10 pm
      This is not F***ing good, especially given the onslaught of games we are about to endure.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Quick Reply