Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Marco Reus (Dortmund)

Read 63569 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Re: Marco Reus (Dortmund)
      Reply #437: Jul 29, 2014 12:49:06 pm
      Why £50m?!?!

thought he had 30m Euro release clause? (£26m)
      Oh better! I am justifying £50m to the board.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #438: Jul 29, 2014 12:52:24 pm
      Oh better! I am justifying £50m to the board.

Not 100% sure but thought he had a clause in contract and contract expires next season?

Going through similar Suarez type extension talks like we had last season with overall objective of dortmund not getting screwed over on price - but still expect him to leave this or next summer either way
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #439: Jul 29, 2014 12:55:24 pm
      Why £50m?!?!

thought he had 30m Euro release clause? (£26m)

Because there will be a queue of top clubs vying for his signature. Do you really think Dortmund will only get 30m euro for him? Not in this universe.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #440: Jul 29, 2014 12:58:18 pm
      Is Bayern Munich interested? Tough then if true, I think.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #441: Jul 29, 2014 01:05:28 pm
      Because there will be a queue of top clubs vying for his signature. Do you really think Dortmund will only get 30m euro for him? Not in this universe.

If his buyout clause is €30 million, then that is the fee Dortmund will receive for him. €40 million would get accepted in exactly the same way as €30 million would. Why would clubs pay a cent more than his buyout clause?

Either way, we're not signing Reus, I doubt we'll go writer him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #442: Jul 29, 2014 01:11:32 pm
      If his buyout clause is €30 million, then that is the fee Dortmund will receive for him. €40 million would get accepted in exactly the same way as €30 million would. Why would clubs pay a cent more than his buyout clause?

Either way, we're not signing Reus, I doubt we'll go writer him.

No €30 million is the minimum fee Dortmund will receive for him. This is subject to higher bids they will undoubtedly receive from the host of clubs who will want him. We are idiots if we don't go in for him.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #443: Jul 29, 2014 01:20:20 pm
      No €30 million is the minimum fee Dortmund will receive for him. This is subject to higher bids they will undoubtedly receive from the host of clubs who will want him. We are idiots if we don't go in for him.

I'm confused, why would a club pay more than the buy out clause?

If a €30 million fee gets accepted, why would they bid more than that. I can't think of a single situation where a club has purposely bid higher than the buy out clause.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #444: Jul 29, 2014 01:20:28 pm
      Just one big £40m signing BR please we are not asking too much , Put a £45m bid for rues and see what happens  :)

I just want to know why people get attacked for wanting Reus is it that much forbidden to dream and wish for such a caliber player ?

ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #445: Jul 29, 2014 01:23:09 pm
      Go for him, but I'd start backing off at >£50m if the starting bid is €30m. Besides the press is saying Bayern Munich is keen.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #446: Jul 29, 2014 01:23:18 pm
      No we won't sign him. For me, it is better to be wrong then have high hopes and then left with only the smell.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #447: Jul 29, 2014 01:24:07 pm

And whose to say that he sees us as a 'top club'? In footballing terms Dortmund are a much better prospect in winning things, at best this would only be seen as a sideways step in his football career. So unless he's only moving for the money, this one's got no chance.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #448: Jul 29, 2014 01:31:49 pm
      I'm confused, why would a club pay more than the buy out clause?

If a €30 million fee gets accepted, why would they bid more than that. I can't think of a single situation where a club has purposely bid higher than the buy out clause.

I thought it was a case of €30M being accepted as an invitation to commence talks?

I know Robbie didn't have a buy-out clause as such but didn't Ridsdale come back with a higher bid after LFC had already accepted a lower amount?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #449: Jul 29, 2014 01:38:41 pm
      And whose to say that he sees us as a 'top club'? In footballing terms Dortmund are a much better prospect in winning things, at best this would only be seen as a sideways step in his football career. So unless he's only moving for the money, this one's got no chance.

I'm sorry but in what way are Dortmund more likely to win anything than us? Remember that there is another rather good club in the Bundesliga called Bayern Munich who seem to be nailed on for the league every year.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #450: Jul 29, 2014 01:45:07 pm

He stated he will never move to Bayern so that rules German clubs out. Madrid and Barca are stacked with attacking options so I don't see them moving for Reus which rules La Liga out. If he wants to play in a competitive league then there is only the EPL left. City could buy him of coarse but they would need to sell a foreign player to buy first due to FFP regulations. Mancs are out of CL so rule them out. Arsenal have spent big already on Sanchez rule them out. Chelsea stacked with attacking options so I'd rule them out. So that only leaves us   ;D
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #451: Jul 29, 2014 01:57:00 pm
      Lets get things straight, his buy out clause can only be activated in the summer 2015. Right now we would have to pay a lot more.

I never said that he would cost €30 million without his buyout clause?

I thought it was a case of €30M being accepted as an invitation to commence talks?

I know Robbie didn't have a buy-out clause as such but didn't Ridsdale come back with a higher bid after LFC had already accepted a lower amount?

If that is the case, it really isn't a buyout clause then. It's different to a buyout clause.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #452: Jul 29, 2014 01:57:13 pm
      He rejected Bayern to sign for Dortmund from Borussia Moenchengladbach and then said last season:

"I wish luck to Lewa and Gotze, but Bayern will never have me. Money is not everything."

Relax with the premonitions of him being nailed on for Bayern.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #453: Jul 29, 2014 02:10:59 pm
      Why do you keep talking about a buy out clause? there isn't one. I,m confused.

Because there was somebody talking about us paying more than his buyout clause, when his buyout clause is activated.

Which I was saying is rubbish because clubs wouldn't pay more than necessary.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #454: Jul 29, 2014 02:22:18 pm
      I can't think of a single situation where a club has purposely bid higher than the buy out clause.

If I said we should bid £30,000,001 would it jog your memory of a club who did?  :)

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #455: Jul 29, 2014 02:27:02 pm
      If I said we should bid £30,000,001 would it jog your memory of a club who did?  :)

:cool-smiley-027:

lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #456: Jul 29, 2014 02:30:16 pm

I'd say we're overpaying for Reus by a whole 100 pence. Better move onto Jay Rodriguez
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #457: Jul 29, 2014 02:40:34 pm
      Dortmund executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has acknowledged there is a clause in Reus' contract, with reports putting the figure in the region of €35million (£29.4m).

"Marco Reus possesses a release clause option in his current contract at our club," Watzke told SPORT1media. "He could leave our club due to that.

"He is, however, the only player in our first-team squad that has such a contract clause."

Reus' contract runs until 2017 and speculation has claimed that Dortmund want to hand the 24-year-old a pay rise to remove the release clause.
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11899/9021767/borussia-dortmund-attacker-marco-reus-does-have-release-clause-in-his-contract

There are 2 different types of release clause

1/ It is a clause in a player’s contract that, subject to qualifying conditions (i.e. a particular transfer window or non-participation in the Champions League), automatically requires a club to accept an offer of a pre-determined contractual amount expressly set out in the contract from the offering club.  If the minimum amount stipulated in the contract is triggered by a the purchasing club, the player will be entitled to speak to that club.

2/During the summer transfer window, the PFA reported that the contractual provision in Suarez’s contract with Liverpool was a ‘good faith’ release clause rather than an automatic release clause. The two are quite different. With an automatic release clause, player ‘y’ must be allowed to speak to purchasing club ‘x’ if the minimum release amount is offered. A ‘good faith’ clause means the parties are required to negotiate in good faith once a bid has been made. Importantly, a good faith clause does not automatically trigger the selling club to accept the offer.

Buyout clauses are  different to a release clause :- Buy-out clauses are prevalent in Spain and are somewhat different to a release clause. They are a mandatory element of most Spanish contracts and are usually set at a very high figure which is not necessarily the true market value of the player. The player has to literally ‘buy out’ his contract at the stipulated amount, though in practice, it is the purchasing club who pays the amount via the player. This can be a complicated process because of the practical tax logistics of a purchasing club transferring the ‘buy-out’ fee to the player who will in turn buy out his contract.

http://www.danielgeey.com/buy-out-release-clauses-in-football-the-basics/

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #458: Jul 29, 2014 02:42:51 pm
      Seriously, if there's any kind of an inkling Reus can be bought, you go out and you F***ing buy him. It's that simple. He can play left, right, center and as a false 9. Can dribble, can create, can finish, can beat players for pace. Absolutely no reason why Ayre et al shouldn't drop what they're doing and submit a GOOD bid. And not one of those sh*t bids that fucks off the other club by being cheap. I mean meet his F***ing buyout clause and be done with it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #459: Jul 29, 2014 02:52:00 pm
      £30M for Reus would be ridiculous, considering the current market. We should at very least try.

Quick Reply