Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 164460 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #115: Aug 26, 2014 07:19:54 am
      I said if Balo and Daniel playing as partners in front 3.No way he will be picked before Philippe Coutinho and Raheem Sterling.

I think he will definitely be picked before Cou if he keeps performing well and Cou doesn't. No player is undroppable.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #116: Aug 26, 2014 08:34:41 am
      Was excellent last night when he came on. A really sparkling league debut it was, and he must be in with a shout to start against Spurs.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #117: Aug 26, 2014 09:38:13 am
      I said if Balo and Daniel playing as partners in front 3.No way he will be picked before Philippe Coutinho and Raheem Sterling.

We could switch to a 4-2-2-2.
      That system has worked well in the past.

Mignolet

Manquillo    Skrtel      Lovren    Moreno

Hendo       Gerrard

Sterling      Markovic

Sturridge     Balotelli
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #118: Aug 26, 2014 09:52:16 am

Mignolet

Hendo       Gerrard

Sterling      Markovic

Sturridge     Balotelli

We could but we really need to start replacing Stevie with other players, personally I'd like to see Can given more game time and rather have Stevie as an impact sub, also please please let the injury to Glen be a long one so that it forces Brendan's hand into playing anyone else in that role, he's a got a real soft spot for Glen which I can't for the life of me understand.
      Oh and yes i totally agree about Markovic, very very exciting young player.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #119: Aug 26, 2014 09:59:06 am
      I was impressed with this lad against City, can see him being a regular in the team.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #120: Aug 26, 2014 10:03:54 am

Mignolet

Hendo       Gerrard

Sterling                      Markovic

Sturridge     Balotelli
      Probably the best set up i've saw mate (i've taken the liberty of pushing Sterling and Markovic in to slightly wider positions, hope you don't mind  :laugh:).

That means we have players like Allen, Can, Coutinho and Lambert as impact subs.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #121: Aug 26, 2014 10:05:42 am
      Probably the best set up i've saw mate (i've taken the liberty of pushing Sterling and Markovic in to slightly wider positions, hope you don't mind  :laugh:).

That means we have players like Allen, Can, Coutinho and Lambert as impact subs.

I put them in wider positions for the tactics discussion post.
      Would like to see us us 4-2-2-2 and 4-2-3-1 during the season.
      I'd love to see how the dynamic works with Henderson and Can anchoring midfield for some Cup games.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #122: Aug 26, 2014 11:15:52 am
      Will be a cracking player. We didn't even get a glimpse of his pace or ball control and everyone was still blown away by his performance.

More to come from this lad
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #123: Aug 26, 2014 12:04:09 pm
      Preface this by saying that Lazar seems like a mature young fella with good head on his shoulders and I really hope he succeeds at LFC.

But bit surprised by the reaction last night, some posts saying that on the night he was excellent, fantastic etc.
      I'm not saying he was bad, not at all - but imo he didn't really take any risks, he was neat and tidy in what he did, with the odd through pass. No assists, no goals, no game-changing moments. For one of the big signings of the summer, will need to see a lot more to consider him to have had an excellent performance.

In fairness to him, he'll take a few games to settle in - but imo, Coutinho should start against Spuds. He hasn't been up to he usual standards in first 2 games, but still think he would be able to dictate play/get us to a higher tempo than Lazar at this time.  But we'll see.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #124: Aug 26, 2014 12:07:33 pm
      Preface this by saying that Lazar seems like a mature young fella with good head on his shoulders and I really hope he succeeds at LFC.

But bit surprised by the reaction last night, some posts saying that on the night he was excellent, fantastic etc.
      I'm not saying he was bad, not at all - but imo he didn't really take any risks, he was neat and tidy in what he did, with the odd through pass. No assists, no goals, no game-changing moments. For one of the big signings of the summer, will need to see a lot more to consider him to have had an excellent performance.

In fairness to him, he'll take a few games to settle in - but imo, Coutinho should start against Spuds. He hasn't been up to he usual standards in first 2 games, but still think he would be able to dictate play/get us to a higher tempo than Lazar at this time.  But we'll see.

The thing is mate, we saw nothing of intent from Coutinho down the left but as soon as Lazar got on the ball, he was direct and bold, he attacked with speed and linked up well with Moreno.

For me he showed more attacking intent then Coutinho did the whole game, Coutinho isn't the same when out on the left. Furthermore he didn't track back enough to cover Alberto.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #125: Aug 26, 2014 12:08:53 pm
      This kid probably needs to be starting, just the little bit he played he looked exciting.  He will be a handful and it would be nice to see what he could do if he was given a start to get into the game early.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,424 posts | 2836 
      Reply #126: Aug 26, 2014 12:19:04 pm
      When they both get up to speed, Moreno and him will be scary down that left side.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #127: Aug 26, 2014 01:54:09 pm
      Very exciting and talented young player.
      But I think there's a danger of expecting too much, too soon from him.

Everything he's gonna come across here is foreign. The team-mates, league, opponents, tactics, training regime,pace of the game.

Its not like he's an ex reserve who's been exposed to the league, players and system over a length of time.
      He hasn't even played that many games for his club in Portugal.

So I'm really optimistic for the player. The bigger question is how the team does while he's getting there.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #128: Aug 26, 2014 02:10:46 pm
      Promising.

Loved his first touch, where he nonchalantly flicked Moreno in. If he can settle on first viewing he could be a excellent addition.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #129: Aug 26, 2014 02:57:04 pm
      When they both get up to speed, Moreno and him will be scary down that left side.

Pun intended?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #130: Aug 26, 2014 04:10:31 pm
      The thing is mate, we saw nothing of intent from Coutinho down the left but as soon as Lazar got on the ball, he was direct and bold, he attacked with speed and linked up well with Moreno.

For me he showed more attacking intent then Coutinho did the whole game, Coutinho isn't the same when out on the left. Furthermore he didn't track back enough to cover Alberto.

Fair enough - and this is why we brought these guys in, to step up if/when some of the longer serving players are maybe having a dip. Markovic will only benefit from getting more games under his belt. Interesting call for BR.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #131: Aug 26, 2014 04:25:27 pm
      Fair enough - and this is why we brought these guys in, to step up if/when some of the longer serving players are maybe having a dip. Markovic will only benefit from getting more games under his belt. Interesting call for BR.

I thought Coutinho was stifled out of it and unable to play his normal game, Markovic did seem to be able to cope more with the pressure.
      Citeh had the means and the space to close specific areas of play down, on the day Coutinho's style had to be countered while they hadn't planned for Markovic's more direct and forceful tactics.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #132: Aug 26, 2014 07:10:15 pm
      considering  the few minutes he played  , He impressed IMO with his pace with the ball and dribbles

guess and hope  he will be a starter against the spuds
      YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,590 posts | 7141 
      Reply #133: Aug 26, 2014 07:11:22 pm
      We are going to have to wait a while whilst these players are bedded in. He looked very pacey and direct Brendan is going to have a major job picking his best X1.
      It appears the modern game is all about pace and we have a few flying machines in the team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #134: Aug 26, 2014 08:19:52 pm
      considering  the few minutes he played  , He impressed IMO with his pace with the ball and dribbles

Agree, linked up well with Moreno too.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #135: Sep 02, 2014 02:43:33 pm
      I love how Lazar keeps everything very simple when he is playing.  He has great ability and can do fancy tricks/flicks, but he usually plays quick 1/2 touch footie.  He is always looking around to find space, then moves the ball on quickly when he receives it.  He is a perfect fit for BR's philosophy, and I can't wait to see more of this lad in a red shirt!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #136: Sep 02, 2014 02:46:55 pm
      I love how Lazar keeps everything very simple when he is playing.  He has great ability and can do fancy tricks/flicks, but he usually plays quick 1/2 touch footie.  He is always looking around to find space, then moves the ball on quickly when he receives it.  He is a perfect fit for BR's philosophy, and I can't wait to see more of this lad in a red shirt!

I know right, he shows such maturity in his decision making it's hard to believe he's only 20!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #137: Sep 22, 2014 12:04:12 pm
      This player thread is a bit neglected, Lazar is going to be a top player for us, I have no doubts about him.
      Just needed a feel good moment, thinking about what players we have to come in that can improve the starting 11.

Quick Reply