Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 165262 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #138: Sep 22, 2014 12:45:30 pm
      From the little I've seen of him, he looks like a winger/wide player. Not sure how he'll fit into the diamond.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #139: Sep 22, 2014 01:17:59 pm
      From the little I've seen of him, he looks like a winger/wide player. Not sure how he'll fit into the diamond.

I don't think he will mate, I'm sure he was bought with a 433 set up in mind, playing on the left.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #140: Sep 22, 2014 03:37:33 pm
      I don't think he will mate, I'm sure he was bought with a 433 set up in mind, playing on the left.
      He's basically just a white Sterling. They are so similar but Raheem is years ahead of him in terms of confidence and understanding the role because of what he went through last year. I expect Lazar to pick up around Christmas when he becomes more confident!
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #141: Sep 22, 2014 03:42:52 pm
      Haven't warmed to him yet but you can see he is playing safe and doesn't want to disappoint . When he opens up he should show what he has got .

I really like that Salah would have been a good buy. He isn't scared and has that confidence about him .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #142: Sep 22, 2014 03:53:14 pm
      He's basically just a white Sterling. They are so similar but Raheem is years ahead of him in terms of confidence and understanding the role because of what he went through last year. I expect Lazar to pick up around Christmas when he becomes more confident!

He's not had the opportunity to show us what he's capable of yet as his game was stifled against Villa with them sitting so deep. 

I agree he needs time to adapt to the speed of the league and how we play but despite his age he's got plenty of experience that Raheem doesn't yet have.  He's won titles and played in a European final which will only help him to adjust in the long run.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #143: Sep 22, 2014 04:37:15 pm
      Haven't warmed to him yet but you can see he is playing safe and doesn't want to disappoint . When he opens up he should show what he has got .

I really like that Salah would have been a good buy. He isn't scared and has that confidence about him .

Your judging him on one game! And would prefer the Egyptian Messi? Give him a chance first.

aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #144: Sep 22, 2014 10:55:22 pm
      I said he will come good . Salah looks really comfortable which shocked me.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #145: Sep 23, 2014 12:28:32 pm
      He will become a fans favourite, I guarantee, just can't wait for him to come into the team. I wouldn't even use him as a squad player, he comes into the first 11 and instantly our team improves in quality.
      He's not some no mark, he is a future world beater.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #146: Sep 23, 2014 05:38:57 pm
      He will become a fans favourite, I guarantee, just can't wait for him to come into the team. I wouldn't even use him as a squad player, he comes into the first 11 and instantly our team improves in quality.
      He's not some no mark, he is a future world beater.

I agree the guy is blisteringly quick, dribbling, great control just need Brendan to tell him to get in those 1v1 situations and do your magic Lazar.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #147: Sep 23, 2014 11:09:09 pm
      He still looks very nervous and lacking in confidence, got into a couple of decent positions to release the trigger but seemed to scared.
      Still early days but looks like he is going to take a bit of time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #148: Sep 23, 2014 11:25:33 pm
      You would have thought that tonight's environment would have given him the perfect opportunity to show his full range, seemed a little bit timid which is odd considering his pre-season comments about proving himself. Hopefully  he gets settled quickly and starts showing his class and starts doing the things we saw him do in all of his youtube highlights ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #149: Sep 23, 2014 11:27:42 pm
      Was disappointed, think there's so much more to this lad than he's showing at the moment, obviously lacking game time and very young. Can see why he hasn't been starting though, pull your finger out young man.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #150: Sep 23, 2014 11:45:40 pm
      Poor for me today, was expecting a performance but didn't show, was really frustrated when he refused the shot  when the defence opened up for him. Needs time to settle for me, different language/culture etc.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #151: Sep 23, 2014 11:47:36 pm
      Was disappointed, think there's so much more to this lad than he's showing at the moment, obviously lacking game time and very young. Can see why he hasn't been starting though, pull your finger out young man.

I haven't been impressed with him at all so far. He looks slow, his passing isn't great, looks weak and can't beat his man. It's early days but he needs to up his game.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #152: Sep 23, 2014 11:47:51 pm
      Poor for me today, was expecting a performance but didn't show, was really frustrated when he refused the shot  when the defence opened up for him. Needs time to settle for me, different language/culture etc.

Certainly hasn't looked worth half of what we paid for him. At £20m you'd expect at least something. No excuses. Needs to step it up.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #153: Sep 24, 2014 08:03:04 am
      Deer and headlights.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #154: Sep 24, 2014 08:44:59 am
      Certainly hasn't looked worth half of what we paid for him. At £20m you'd expect at least something. No excuses. Needs to step it up.

Jesus your a tit and a half lad.

The kid is 20 years old for fucks sake making his 4th appearence for the club in a foreign country and league.

Not his fault the club paid 20m for him now is it?

Give your head a good wobble.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #155: Sep 24, 2014 10:05:33 am
      Here we go again, a couple of games and the knives and the crayons are coming out...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #156: Sep 24, 2014 10:34:20 am
      Jesus your a tit and a half lad.

The kid is 20 years old for fucks sake making his 4th appearence for the club in a foreign country and league.

Not his fault the club paid 20m for him now is it?

Give your head a good wobble.

I'm not expecting the world at all. Just seems a little indecisive and lightweight so far which I'm sure everyone would agree with.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #157: Sep 24, 2014 10:43:50 am
      I'm not expecting the world at all. Just seems a little indecisive and lightweight so far which I'm sure everyone would agree with.

Lightweight? At 65kg? Never...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #158: Sep 24, 2014 11:14:20 am
      I think you guys are being a bit unfair to the lad, I see bags of potential in him and have no doubt he will come good. He just needs some more time to adjust and settle to this league and team. Was annoyed that he on 2 occasions elected not to shoot at goal though, but then I remember younger Raheem used to have the same issue when he first started playing in the first team, its just a confidence thing.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #159: Sep 24, 2014 11:27:27 am
      Got the impression last night he was almost scared to shoot
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #160: Sep 24, 2014 11:28:59 am
      Only a few months older than Sterling and still younger than Suso.
      This kid's price tag seems to have put him in a position where people have no patience with him.
      He will take time to bed in.

Quick Reply