Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 162255 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #1127: Feb 10, 2018 05:04:30 pm

Just read this myself: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/lazar-markovics-anderlecht-loan-spell-14271903

I know he is short of matches, but honestly, what has he been doing since training camp opened? I've seen him in pics from training. And how much money is he earning? It sounds like he's  just been on extended holiday,and now it seems like we've basically fooled someone into taking him for a few months.

At some point, for the sake of reputation if nothing else, you just need to accept it was a dismal purchase, cut him loose and accept the financial loss. This is embarrassing.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1128: Feb 11, 2018 12:49:54 am
      Hard to feel sorey for the guy. Thousands  of footballers better than him plying their trade in lower divisions all over the world for a lot less money.

This guy is a charlatan of the higheat order and it's a real travesty that he gets paid the money he does.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1129: Feb 11, 2018 03:13:40 pm
      Agree...it’s kind of amazing that he can be in such a poor condition
      Still stand by my belief that he should have cut his hair, grown a beard and put on a different accent...perhaps he would have fooled our coaching staff into giving him a chance!
      Utter waste of money and his career.
      Shame as I liked what I saw before he arrived and in his initial preseason performances.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1130: Feb 11, 2018 09:01:39 pm
      I personally think he chose the wrong league.  He should have gone to Spain or Italy.  Move a little early too.  Not the first player to make career mistakes only need to ask Torres.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1131: Jun 09, 2018 09:52:41 pm

At some point, for the sake of reputation if nothing else, you just need to accept it was a dismal purchase, cut him loose and accept the financial loss.
      This is embarrassing.

... and that post was yonks ago.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1132: Jun 10, 2018 09:38:06 am
      ... and that post was yonks ago.

I said a while ago and got pelters for it but.....As poor as anything I’ve seen in the jersey (esp for the money).

Never looked remotely mentally or physically capable of being a red.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1133: Jul 20, 2018 08:54:07 pm
      Markovic looked better than Solanke and Origi yesterday.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1134: Jul 21, 2018 11:33:14 am
      I assume he isn't in Klopps plans.

BUT... if he impresses on the tour is Lazar worth considering as a back up option for LW.

He looks physically stronger than I've seen him before.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1135: Jul 21, 2018 12:33:58 pm
      I was at Ewood Park, think everyone was shocked by Lazar. He looked in shape, much more trim. He actually looked like a constant genuine goal-threat, and had much more presence than Origi or Solanke. His runs and his goal were superb, despite looking short on form/confidence at times.

Doubt we'll see him this season, but good to see he's potentially turning his career round if he can find somewhere. I wouldn't personally mind him being given a shot here. There are plenty of cup games where we'll be playing more Blackburns after all.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1136: Jul 21, 2018 01:24:24 pm
      I was at Ewood Park, think everyone was shocked by Lazar. He looked in shape, much more trim. He actually looked like a constant genuine goal-threat, and had much more presence than Origi or Solanke. His runs and his goal were superb, despite looking short on form/confidence at times.

Doubt we'll see him this season, but good to see he's potentially turning his career round if he can find somewhere. I wouldn't personally mind him being given a shot here. There are plenty of cup games where we'll be playing more Blackburns after all.

I've always said it, there is a player there, he just needs to find some confidence, motivation and consistency
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1137: Jul 21, 2018 03:03:30 pm
      I assume he isn't in Klopps plans.

BUT... if he impresses on the tour is Lazar worth considering as a back up option for LW.

He looks physically stronger than I've seen him before.
      If he's not in Klopps plans, Ojo,Origi, Solanke and Ings can't be either.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1138: Jul 21, 2018 05:09:03 pm
      Maybe after that performance he has worked his way into Klopp's plans
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1139: Jul 21, 2018 05:33:16 pm
      1 half decent performance in the 2nd half vs Blackburn. He’s been at the club about 4 years and made no impact at all, Klopps seen him plenty of times in training and would have been monitoring him on his loan moves. I don’t think a decent performance for 45mins is suddenly going to change things.

Not good enough, simple as that and I would be very surprised if Klopp has suddenly changed his mind about him.

If anything, he’s just enhancing the chance of us being able to bin him off for good and not just another loan move.

Ings clearly isn’t in his plans, and I doubt Origi will be sticking around. Ojo and Solanke are a completely different situation.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1140: Jul 21, 2018 06:14:11 pm
      1 half decent performance in the 2nd half vs Blackburn. He’s been at the club about 4 years and made no impact at all, Klopps seen him plenty of times in training and would have been monitoring him on his loan moves. I don’t think a decent performance for 45mins is suddenly going to change things.

Not good enough, simple as that and I would be very surprised if Klopp has suddenly changed his mind about him.

If anything, he’s just enhancing the chance of us being able to bin him off for good and not just another loan move.

Ings clearly isn’t in his plans, and I doubt Origi will be sticking around. Ojo and Solanke are a completely different situation.
      So we should keep Ojo, Solanke and Markovic whilst in the league cup. Ings and Origi should go Rangers.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1141: Aug 29, 2018 02:43:58 pm
      Cant believe no one will even take him on loan, for his own sake he should just buy out his last year of contract and start playing football somewhere.

Its a short career and i doubt he will look back and think well I got paid for 4 years for doing F**k all for the best years of my career!
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1142: Aug 29, 2018 03:30:21 pm
      Cant believe no one will even take him on loan, for his own sake he should just buy out his last year of contract and start playing football somewhere.

Its a short career and i doubt he will look back and think well I got paid for 4 years for doing f**k all for the best years of my career!

Well TBH there's much F***ing worse than getting paid a shitton of money for doing nothing. Like, that set consists of basically every other possible thing.

noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #1143: Aug 29, 2018 09:54:06 pm
      Surprised we haven't sent him to Stoke with our other rejects.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #1144: Aug 29, 2018 11:02:58 pm
      Probably the biggest flop in the history of this club.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1145: Aug 29, 2018 11:20:19 pm
      To think we'd still be singing sh*te like this guy season on season if Klopp had never arrived here.

Jürgen has single handedly saved this club.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1146: Aug 29, 2018 11:25:55 pm
      Probably the biggest flop in the history of this club.

Balotelli
      Downing
      Carroll
      Benteke
      Borini

Oh we've had a fair share of clangers over the last few years mate Lazar is just one on the list.

Although we at least got a few quid back for the others so yea be probably is the clubs all time biggest flop.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1147: Aug 29, 2018 11:49:02 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1148: Aug 30, 2018 06:00:08 am
      Balotelli
      Downing
      Carroll
      Benteke
      Borini

Oh we've had a fair share of clangers over the last few years mate Lazar is just one on the list.

Although we at least got a few quid back for the others so yea be probably is the clubs all time biggest flop.

That’s a lot of money wasted.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1149: Aug 30, 2018 01:57:58 pm
      I would rather him stay now League Cup is close.

Quick Reply