Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 162241 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #1173: Sep 03, 2018 12:33:31 pm
      How much is he on?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1174: Sep 03, 2018 12:51:25 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1175: Sep 03, 2018 02:56:31 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1176: Sep 03, 2018 08:47:02 pm

Ain’t going to walk away from that....

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1177: Sep 03, 2018 08:52:57 pm
      A footballer who doesn't want to play football.

Going to be a long and empty old retirement for you Lazar, counting your money and telling people what you could have done if you'd felt like it.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1178: Sep 12, 2018 11:12:47 am
      Liverpool's Serbia winger Lazar Markovic, 24, has been demoted to train with the club's under-23 side. Markovic has made 19 Premier League appearances for the Reds since signing for £20m from Benfica in 2014. (Liverpool Echo)

Man that has to sting. You Leave a club where you were doing good thing, Sign for one of the top clubs in Europe only to end up train with the under 23's... He must be desperate to get out around about now and try and rescue his flagging career
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1179: Sep 12, 2018 11:40:38 am
      Liverpool's Serbia winger Lazar Markovic, 24, has been demoted to train with the club's under-23 side. Markovic has made 19 Premier League appearances for the Reds since signing for £20m from Benfica in 2014. (Liverpool Echo)

Man that has to sting. You Leave a club where you were doing good thing, Sign for one of the top clubs in Europe only to end up train with the under 23's... He must be desperate to get out around about now and try and rescue his flagging career

If he was that desperate to get out then he’d have accepted the offer he had on the table from Anderlecht, who have since said that the move broke down because of the player.

If he doesn’t leave in the winter then I wouldn’t be surprised if Klopp tells him to stay away completely, never mind being sent to train with the U23s.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1180: Sep 12, 2018 11:41:10 am

Well he had the opportunity to move to Anderlecht permanently for first team football and snubbed it so he can do one.

Hand him a toilet scrubber tell him to make himself useful.
      gtorreira
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #1181: Sep 12, 2018 11:57:18 am
      HAHAHA
      that makes my day
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1182: Sep 12, 2018 01:51:09 pm
      If he was that desperate to get out then he’d have accepted the offer he had on the table from Anderlecht, who have since said that the move broke down because of the player.

If he doesn’t leave in the winter then I wouldn’t be surprised if Klopp tells him to stay away completely, never mind being sent to train with the U23s.

Well he had the opportunity to move to Anderlecht permanently for first team football and snubbed it so he can do one.

Hand him a toilet scrubber tell him to make himself useful.

Totally agree with both of your points, just saying that it has to be heart wrenching for a the player, any player to go through that, and I feel for him... But having said that, If it were me and the manager, did not play me I would be looking for any way out even if it meant taking a pay cut and try and resurrect my career elsewhere... Worked for  Lago Aspas and Sosu
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1183: Sep 12, 2018 03:11:23 pm
      The lad played less then 20 games for us and a lot of them out of position plus never had a consistent run in the team.

For whatever reason Jürgen had no time for him. Should have taken whatever deal came his way to get his career back on track

Because hes absolutely sh*t!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1184: Sep 12, 2018 03:47:41 pm
      Well.......... looks like we may be stuck with Markovic for a while. Read that his contract has been leaked (not looked into it) and he has a two year option extension at a +30% wage increase and will get to pick up his loyalty bonus of £2m next summer.

If true, well played, well F***ing played....
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #1185: Sep 12, 2018 04:34:58 pm
      Best paid bog cleaner in the country, why would Anderlecht want such a feckless character.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1186: Sep 12, 2018 04:46:54 pm
      Well.......... looks like we may be stuck with Markovic for a while. Read that his contract has been leaked (not looked into it) and he has a two year option extension at a +30% wage increase and will get to pick up his loyalty bonus of £2m next summer.

If true, well played, well f**king played....

Surely we’d have to trigger that extension for it to happen? It’s not usually something the player is in control of. I think he’s in for a shock if that’s what he’s aiming for.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1187: Sep 12, 2018 05:05:25 pm
      Surely we’d have to trigger that extension for it to happen? It’s not usually something the player is in control of. I think he’s in for a shock if that’s what he’s aiming for.

No idea, I will look into later, but apparently, Bogdan has the same clause too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1188: Sep 12, 2018 05:15:55 pm
      No idea, I will look into later, but apparently, Bogdan has the same clause too.

The state of our transfers and contracts at one point is embarrassing.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1189: Sep 12, 2018 05:25:14 pm

Surely we wouldn't have allowed the player to have a clause where they get a 30% pay rise if they want to stay and 2 extra years. That would be the worst contract ever!

I feel for him - but he should have just left. Take a year away and play some games, get some semblance of a career back and move on to better things. That being said 56 games in the last 4 seasons for an attacking midfielder with only7 goals (whilst playing in the Turkish, Portaguise, Belgian League or the Championship) is not a great return....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1190: Sep 12, 2018 05:41:43 pm
      Surely we wouldn't have allowed the player to have a clause where they get a 30% pay rise if they want to stay and 2 extra years. That would be the worst contract ever!

I feel for him - but he should have just left. Take a year away and play some games, get some semblance of a career back and move on to better things. That being said 56 games in the last 4 seasons for an attacking midfielder with only7 goals (whilst playing in the Turkish, Portaguise, Belgian League or the Championship) is not a great return....

I can't find anything on the contract situation, but I am sure the 2m loyalty bonus is legit as all players get loyalty bonuses, don't they? So by the end of next summer, he will have earnt over £11m in the last 5 years, lmao!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1191: Sep 12, 2018 07:04:40 pm
      No wonder he doesn’t want to leave the guy is never going up get a similar contract.

He probably thinks his lottery has come in.

This must be up there with some of the clubs more ridiculous contract situations.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1192: Sep 12, 2018 07:22:54 pm
      No wonder he doesn’t want to leave the guy is never going up get a similar contract.

He probably thinks his lottery has come in.

This must be up there with some of the clubs more ridiculous contract situations.

If true, but yeah, no doubt he'd be earning 2-3m in 5 years at another club, but here, he won the lotto!!

I still think he did a decent job as a wing back... better job than Firmino when he played there ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1193: Sep 12, 2018 07:46:26 pm

If true, well played, well f**king played....

What a F***ing creature if he's staying only for money.

If he doesn't donate that loyalty bonus to charity he should be struck by lightening.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1194: Sep 13, 2018 02:09:44 am
      What a f**king creature if he's staying only for money.

If he doesn't donate that loyalty bonus to charity he should be struck by lightening.

Sorry mate, but I'd do the same thing.  If some professional club was daft enough to offer me a ridiculous amount of money that I could never hope to match anywhere else, you can bet your ass that I'd make sure I got the full extent of that contract.  He has the opportunity to set himself and his family up for life for doing little else than showing up.  Can't blame Lazar for making the smart financial play. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1195: Sep 13, 2018 10:29:52 am
      Sorry mate, but I'd do the same thing.  If some professional club was daft enough to offer me a ridiculous amount of money that I could never hope to match anywhere else, you can bet your ass that I'd make sure I got the full extent of that contract.  He has the opportunity to set himself and his family up for life for doing little else than showing up.  Can't blame Lazar for making the smart financial play. 

Sorry but I think that's a disgusting outlook to have on life.

Lazar has already earned more than some of us on here combined will earn in a lifetime.

Most of us would do anything to swap our jobs to play football for a living earning a fraction of what Markovic is paid.

He is a greedy c**t plain and simple.

Any player with dignity in himself having already earned a fortune would have left to play elsewhere.

I mean we all need to have a purpose in life it's not just about having lots of money.

Quick Reply