Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305203 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1541: May 22, 2017 07:20:58 am
      Couple of unexplainable brain farts I'm afraid these happen too often.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1542: May 22, 2017 09:24:04 am
      Don't mean to nitpick but twice today he was caught out badly against the league's worst attack. Lucky not to have been awarded a penalty against him and his head was all over the place on the restart on one of our goals.

He's our weak link in defence and I'd say the level we are aiming for next season is too far above him to reach. Not good enough for first XI

Couldn't agree more. I just don't rate him. He panics all the time and is just an accident waiting to happen.

Squad player only. It's imperative that he's upgraded this summer
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1543: May 22, 2017 04:28:47 pm
      Almost wet the bed yesterday a penalty and sending off at that stage and things may have turned out differently.

Has the ability but unfortunately does not have the concentration for a team who has majority of the possession and play a high line like we do, goes awol mentally and positionally too often.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1544: May 22, 2017 06:08:12 pm
      He could have killed all our deserved good work done by his teammates. Luck to be still on the pitch. We need to improve in his position, left defender. He should be our back-up/ rotation defender.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1545: May 23, 2017 09:51:46 am
      Needs to drop down to 3rd choice next season.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1546: May 23, 2017 06:32:08 pm

Totally agree with Champions league games and standard.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1547: May 24, 2017 10:46:13 pm

Big time
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1548: Jun 06, 2017 01:35:06 pm
      Just finished watching LFCTV's documentary on his life as a refugee. Had a difficult childhood growing up and moving to Germany and then Croatia. But later made it in life through football. Respect for overcoming his personal difficulties. There's actually a warrior in him.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1549: Aug 15, 2017 09:55:16 pm
      Please for the love of God sign some F***ing defender because the sight of opposition player running toward Lovren is gonna give me a heart attack.
      Absolutely awful.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1550: Aug 15, 2017 11:18:01 pm
      A liability. No other word for it I'm afraid. The suspicions have been there since he signed three years ago but a lot of us felt that it only needed a quality manager to unlock great performances from him. Not so. Worse still - I think he bring Matip's performance down as well, the big Cameroonian increasingly having to take the role of the straight man who is being constantly upstaged and made a fool of by his partner alongside him.

A mid table player you just can't rely on.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #1551: Aug 16, 2017 03:02:02 pm
      I would take an undisciplined Mama over this lad.

just doesn't look like he's ready for big time fotty, or he just doesn't fit our style of play.

Klavy should be ahead of this lad, even Joe should start.

Like between him and Mignolet not sure who's going to be responsible for giving me a heart attack.

Just to clumsy to be playing for us.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1552: Aug 18, 2017 11:57:24 am
      Fail to see how Liverpool will have any sort of success with Lovren and Mignolet as two thirds of the major defensive positions in our side.

I don't think Lovren is particularly quick, I don't think his distribution is good, he doesn't do well at bringing the ball forward to the half-way line, he's fairly injury-prone for a centre-half and his tackles are clumsy.

I'm clearly missing some hidden ability here because as far as I can see he has several major flaws.  I could maybe see him playing centre-back for Celtic - but I don't get what he brings to the Liverpool team.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1553: Aug 19, 2017 12:52:55 am
      Sick of him and his F***ing sliding tackles that he keeps missing.

Dejan flatters to deceive. He plays really well for a couple of games in a row and you think yep, this is the Rock that we need in our defence. Then he reminds you of how terrible he can be and it just shatters your confidence in him. He really needs to be our 3rd choice CB, not 1st or 2nd as he is now.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1554: Aug 19, 2017 12:58:23 am
      Sick of him and his f**king sliding tackles that he keeps missing.

Dejan flatters to deceive. He plays really well for a couple of games in a row and you think yep, this is the Rock that we need in our defence. Then he reminds you of how terrible he can be and it just shatters your confidence in him. He really needs to be our 3rd choice CB, not 1st or 2nd as he is now.

You try playing next to Alberto Moreno.
      Our central defenders play with full/wing backs whose first thought is how they can affect the game in the opponents half (not that they often do) and behind midfielders of the same mentality. Sergio Ramos and Raf Varane would look exposed and in question in our set up. Compare the protection Rafas teams gave their defenders it's night and day 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1555: Aug 19, 2017 01:00:23 am
      His first 2 performances for us this season, IMO is up there with the worst he has ever been. Absolutely horrific so far, the only thing he has done remotely right is put a header not far wide when we had a corner. There were times last season he really upped his game but right now, if he keeps his place then he will be costing us a lot of goals. Have not time for him or Migs.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1556: Aug 19, 2017 01:00:45 am
      Our central defenders play with full/wing backs whose first thought is how they can affect the game in the opponents half (not that they often do) and behind midfielders of the same mentality. Sergio Ramos and Raf Varane would look exposed and in question in our set up. Compare the protection Rafas teams gave their defenders it's night and day 

I didn't even want to mention Moreno.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1557: Aug 19, 2017 04:31:07 am
      I quietly believed his 100k a week wage come with instruction that he need to pay for learning Spanish language in order to improve the communication with our new signing world class left back Alberto Moreno. So people need patient giving time to Lovren ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #1558: Aug 19, 2017 07:30:37 am
      I quietly believed his 100k a week wage come with instruction that he need to pay for learning Spanish language in order to improve the communication with our new signing world class left back Alberto Moreno. So people need patient giving time to Lovren ;D

Can't take that long to learn

Alberto, stay in position you brain dead c**t

In Spanish..

Can't imagine he'll need much more

He'll never need for example

Well done Alberto
      Thanks Alberto
      Brilliant that Alberto
      You saved us there buddy
      Nice haircut Alberto
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1559: Aug 19, 2017 08:49:19 am

Is spot on mate, have felt the same for a number of years now. It's not much fun playing centre half in a Klopp (or a Rodgers side for that matter). Very little protection from the players in front of you and full backs encouraged to go awol. You inky have to look at our defensive shape when we were 2-0 up the other night, fullbacks were still closer to their penno box than ours, I don't ink we manage games well enough. Klopp doesn't really believe in the out and out holding midfielder which is a shame because a player like Matic would make a massive difference in my opinion. Having said that Lovren is a frickin liability right now and should be replaced by Klavan or my preference would be Gomez.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1560: Aug 24, 2017 12:00:09 am
      His first 2 performances for us this season, IMO is up there with the worst he has ever been. Absolutely horrific so far, the only thing he has done remotely right is put a header not far wide when we had a corner. There were times last season he really upped his game but right now, if he keeps his place then he will be costing us a lot of goals. Have not time for him or Migs.

Think this even more now. He has surely cost us at least 1 goal in every game so far this season, apart from Palace and that's only because he came on right at the end.

Carries on like this and there is no other option but having to get rid. F***ing awful, he has completely lost his was from any improvements he was making last season.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1561: Aug 24, 2017 12:14:00 am
      I was going to let it go, but he's not getting any better, I didn't see all our season opener until last week. It was a disgraceful performance, he looked beaten and it was somewhere in the 60+ minute mark where he finally won a a defensive header and made a defensive play of any note. I want to say it was a cowardly performance but that feels a little harsh, though not by much.
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2017 12:22:44 am by Roddenberry »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1562: Aug 24, 2017 12:21:12 am
      I was going to let it go, but he's not getting any better, I didn't see all our season opener until last week. It was a disgraceful performance, he looked beaten and it was somewhere in the 60+ minute mark where he finally won a a defensive header and made a defensive play of any note. I want to see it was a cowardly performance but that feels a little harsh, though not by much.

It was f**king awful wasn't it? TAA got the blame for last week's goal and rightly should take his portion but it was Lovren who played the Hoffenheim attack onside when Matip and TAA held a high line. We conceded three goals against Hoffenheim in this tie and it's fair to say Lovren was culpable for all three. Tonight we saw a moronic 'pass' to allow the opposition in for their first goal tonight and then pathetically outfought in the air for Hoffenheim's second tonight.

What a terrible terrible start to the season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1563: Aug 24, 2017 12:34:53 am
      Hasn't the mentality to be a top LFC defender. Far too prone to switching off and making mistakes.

Quick Reply