Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 307215 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1840: Apr 11, 2018 04:23:21 pm
      Gave him MOTM last night. The best day of his Liverpool career so far. Quite a redemption from just a few months ago.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1841: Apr 11, 2018 04:53:48 pm
      Looks like he's been working out with VVD, the pair are cementing a great act together...

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1842: Apr 11, 2018 04:59:48 pm
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #1843: Apr 12, 2018 05:06:40 pm
      Just to echo comments from several others, he was my motm on Tuesday night and wasn't a million miles of it in the previous leg. Obvioulsy he is a real confidence player and that's good for us based on current form because he has lifted his game massively since VVD came in. I saw him compared to Carra earlier in the thread, for me he is more of a Henchoz type of player, not the prettiest but willing to put his body on the line (is there anyone braver when it comes to sticking his head in front a goal bound shot!? He lowered his head to one from about 7-8 yards away on Tuesday night and I thought what a 'double-hard bastar....d!'.

I think that a lot of Lovren's errors in the past have come in games where we're on the attack, we lose it, get turned and the opposition break quickly. He's less comfortable in space. In the game against City where we were sitting deep and defending wave after wave he absolutely came into his own (much like Henchoz under Houllier).
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1844: Apr 12, 2018 05:15:30 pm
      Keep your form and you will keep your place, simple as that! We need you to finish this season on a high because we depend on you as well. YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1845: Apr 12, 2018 05:38:23 pm
      Is it daft I felt proud of him last night?

Thought he was immense really, especially in that first half.

VVD was at fault for the goal but after that their partnership and the performance of the full backs helped to keep us in the overall lead.

Thankfully the midfield and forwards found their bollocks in the second half and took the pressure off.

Nah not at all, doesn't half take some sh*te from our support, but was absolutely F***ing boss over the two legs and seems to have a real understanding playing alongside VVD.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #1846: Apr 15, 2018 08:04:20 am
      Is he ok? Is the injury, a serious one?

What a block he performed before being subbed.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1847: Apr 16, 2018 01:56:21 am
      Hope he is ok, was looking for information on him but didnā€™t see anything, only that Klopp hopes itā€™s just a knocking the official website.

Hopefully no news means good news.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1848: Apr 17, 2018 02:55:39 pm
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #1849: Apr 17, 2018 05:53:37 pm
      Crazy how things change over the course of a season. I couldnā€™t imagine that I would have been worried about Lovren missing a game 3/4 months ago. Now, if Matip had to replace him, it would be a considerable downgrade imo.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #1850: Apr 17, 2018 07:18:06 pm
      Crazy how things change over the course of a season. I couldnā€™t imagine that I would have been worried about Lovren missing a game 3/4 months ago. Now, if Matip had to replace him, it would be a considerable downgrade imo.

VVD's effect :) The effect is confidence, he's not thinking too much about others, he's sticking to his own game.

He needs to continue his form for the last two months.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1851: Apr 24, 2018 01:00:11 am
      I will just put this here;

ā€œI donā€™t exactly know about Dejanā€™s start at Liverpool but he made a few mistakes. People always have that in mind: ā€˜Oh, Lovren again!ā€™ But Iā€™m long in the business. I said to Dejan: ā€˜If somebody told me, come on, you have the chance, create a centre-half. We found a way to do it, genetically, bam, bam, bam.ā€™ Thatā€™s him, strong, quick, both feet, can head like crazy, jumps through the roof. Heā€™s all you need. Yes, a few things you can improve ā€“ his concentration. But these are human beings.

ā€œOther centre-halves make mistakes. Against City, Virgil van Dijk, an outstanding person and fantastic player, should have cleared the ball before they scored. Virgil knows that. But nobody spoke about it because we won. It doesnā€™t look like it but Iā€™m really relaxed in judging these things. When I see talent, and Iā€™m convinced, I am calm.ā€

Good enough for JĆ¼rgen, more than good enough for me.

Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #1852: Apr 30, 2018 10:09:43 am
      Once again, miscalculating and heading nothing but air. Dear God Dejan... :f_wah:
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #1853: May 21, 2018 05:31:53 pm
      Iā€™ve just finished watching an excellent ā€œroad to Kievā€ video on YouTube, and Iā€™ve got to say Lovren is culpable for a cartload of the goals we conceded.

Itā€™s not that I was unaware of his proclivity for misjudging headers and clearances, it was just shocking to see them all in a row like that. A top CB to play with VVD has got to be a priority this summer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1854: May 27, 2018 12:32:51 pm
      He was excellent last night but like Karius he has been known to make some horrific mistakes in judgement. Last night along with Virgil he kept their attack quiet and nobody could stop Bales 1st goal.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1855: May 27, 2018 01:11:07 pm
      Hate the way this lad never gets much credit when he puts in performances like that. Love him or hate him you've got to respect him.

Has never hid.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #1856: May 27, 2018 01:18:31 pm
      Hate the way this lad never gets much credit when he puts in performances like that. Love him or hate him you've got to respect him.

Has never hid.

He had a really good game last night, talked about keeping Ronaldo quiet before the game and he pretty much played his part. Can't complain at all with his performance, it should strengthen his resolve and spur him on.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1857: May 27, 2018 01:25:51 pm
      Did well last night, o doubt. So fair play.
      But think his position is one were JĆ¼rgen will need to try to improve on this summer.
      When you look at the difference VVD has made, imagine getting someone as good in beside him.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1858: May 27, 2018 02:02:35 pm
      Did well last night, o doubt. So fair play.
      But think his position is one were JĆ¼rgen will need to try to improve on this summer.
      When you look at the difference VVD has made, imagine getting someone as good in beside him.

Thatā€™s the thing.

I said before he signed that you lot wouldnā€™t believe how good VVD was until he signed.....there ainā€™t many even nearly as good about.

Iā€™m in no hurry to get shot of Lovren - I think heā€™s a tremendous individual to have around and a fine player.

But he does have lapses and more strength in depth would be good. I just donā€™t think itā€™s as easy as some think.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1859: May 27, 2018 02:31:38 pm
      Iā€™m in no hurry to get shot of Lovren - I think heā€™s a tremendous individual to have around and a fine player.

But he does have lapses and more strength in depth would be good. I just donā€™t think itā€™s as easy as some think.

He seems to be a good guy, don't doubt his passion and commitment at all.

But he's a guy who has potential to make blunders in big games, like Moreno and our two keepers [tho not to the same extent]. Not saying we should get rid of him, think after VVD he is still our 2nd best CB [Matip hasn't convinced yet] and would still be a pretty good 3rd option.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #1860: May 27, 2018 02:33:12 pm

Has never hid.

Absolutely, he and VVD had a fantastic game. Excellent, just super unlucky.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1861: May 27, 2018 02:45:35 pm
      So much abuse over his career , the personal stuff is despicable so fair play to him for last night's game
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1862: May 27, 2018 03:26:59 pm
      Superb last night, did brilliantly for the equaliser with the powerful header down for Mane. Shame the rest of our corners were sh*te.

Quick Reply