Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 10th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W5 D7 L8

Dejan Lovren Player Thread

Read 123317 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,282 posts | 1258 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2040: Aug 12, 2018 12:31:42 pm
      Excuse me?? Im in that bracket  :lmao: and im on your side  ;D He's a liability

Haha I should retract that statement. I didn't mean people aged 50 don't have a clue  :lmao:

I just found some of baz's posts recently a little old fashioned that's all, when we were discussing whether coutinho could defend or not.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,040 posts | 3122 
      Reply #2041: Aug 12, 2018 12:40:47 pm
      I don't get why people come on an Internet forum and try and be a smart arse

Wait.....what?  Have you read any of your own posts? :D

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,282 posts | 1258 
      Reply #2042: Aug 12, 2018 02:30:38 pm
      Wait.....what?  Have you read any of your own posts? :D

Don't think I've ever quoted anybody on here with sarcastic or smart arse comments.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,818 posts | 1358 
      Reply #2043: Aug 12, 2018 10:01:24 pm
      Klopp expects him to be out for 2-3 weeks it seems. He also confirmed it was an injury from last season where he played through it, but it just got worse during the WC.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,565 posts | 971 
      Reply #2044: Aug 12, 2018 11:42:23 pm
      Klopp expects him to be out for 2-3 weeks it seems. He also confirmed it was an injury from last season where he played through it, but it just got worse during the WC.

All the Lovren out knee jerk posters won't be happy to hear this.
      heimdall

• 7,179 posts | 1357 
      Reply #2045: Aug 12, 2018 11:58:10 pm
      Don't think I've ever quoted anybody on here with sarcastic or smart arse comments.

No mostly just arrogant, ignorant, patronising and rude comments, not smart at all although quite often an arse.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,977 posts | 3646 
      Reply #2046: Aug 13, 2018 12:05:58 am
      All of this Lovren stuff totally missed my radar yesterday.

So before the Torino game he was fit and raring to go and could play 30 minutes right there and then, but a day or so later he's crippled with pain and has been since the World Cup?

Doesn't sound clever behaviour.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,040 posts | 3122 
      Reply #2047: Aug 13, 2018 01:39:42 am
      All the Lovren out knee jerk posters won't be happy to hear this.

Doesn’t sound good for Lovren no matter how you slice it. Think Klopp is doing a bit of protection here for him but I would now be worried that this is a recurring injury if he’s had to play through it before. That’s not good because it means it could crop up and affect him at any time. All of he sudden we have VVD and a bunch of injury prone alternatives. Maybe we should have been looking at CBs during the summer?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,484 posts | 2041 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2048: Aug 13, 2018 08:15:03 am

I'm sorry but this whole 'hiding an injury so we wouldn't buy a CB' is complete fabrication.

He'll be fit in 2 weeks, in no circumstances would we buy another CB because Lovren is injured. We have VvD, Klavan, Gomez, Matip and Phillips along with Lovren. 7 centre backs is too many and 2 weeks on the shelf won't change that. Screw your heads back on.

Inside scoop folks.

Messi signing next week, you heard it here first ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,083 posts | 4572 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2049: Sep 01, 2018 06:35:37 pm
      Given that he likes to mouth off to the media (not too dissimilar to Mignolet), I hope he'll keep schtum when he comes back from injury and most likely finds himself on the bench behind Gomez. It's always bad news when you get injured but it's even worse news if you're a Liverpool player because Klopp has shown time and time again that if your replacement comes in and performs to expectations then it's a long road back for you in trying to reclaim that spot.

He might feel upset but big deal. Work hard and try to win back your place Dejan because on the evidence of the last couple of weeks, Joe Gomez isn't going away anytime soon.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | 29 
      Reply #2050: Sep 01, 2018 07:44:44 pm
      I hope he'll keep schtum when he comes back from injury and most likely finds himself on the bench behind Gomez.

I hope Klopp is not that kind of a jerk. You don't let an injury lose someone his starting job. Not only is that cheap, it also makes players think twice next time.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum John Barnes

• 412 posts | 144 
      Reply #2051: Sep 01, 2018 07:51:13 pm
      I hope Klopp is not that kind of a jerk. You don't let an injury lose someone his starting job. Not only is that cheap, it also makes players think twice next time.

I’m confused at what you are trying to say ?

Cheap ? A jerk because he keeps a strong partnership together!

Need to take your head for sh*t
      German_Panzer
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | 29 
      Reply #2052: Sep 01, 2018 08:05:32 pm
      A jerk because he keeps a strong partnership together!

No, because he'd take away Dejan's starting job because of his injury. That sets a terrible precedent. It's like if your wife goes to hospital for 4 weeks and when she comes back you have a new gal and say 'sorry' to her. You do that to a player and you should not wonder if he treats you 100% business.

Give Lovren the chance to prove he's the man. Gomez will understand it. If Lovren struggles, Gomez can come back and Dejan might give it back to you with 110% effort and total loyality. But maybe I am oldschool here, football has become so dishonorable the last 20 years. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum John Barnes

• 412 posts | 144 
      Reply #2053: Sep 01, 2018 08:08:52 pm
      No, because he'd take away Dejan's starting job because of his injury. That sets a terrible precedent. It's like if your wife goes to hospital for 4 weeks and when she comes back you have a new gal and say 'sorry' to her. You do that to a player and you should not wonder if he treats you 100% business.

Give Lovren the chance to prove he's the man. Gomez will understand it. If Lovren struggles, Gomez can come back and Dejan might give it back to you with 110% effort and total loyality. But maybe I am oldschool here, football has become so dishonorable the last 20 years.

Sorry but you’re talking nonsense and that’s being polite

Lovren will need to fight and earn a place - it’s not his to be given
      German_Panzer
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | 29 
      Reply #2054: Sep 01, 2018 08:15:00 pm
      Lovren will need to fight and earn a place - it’s not his to be given

You can do that, but next time Lovren leaves for a better offer you cannot blame him either. It becomes purely business. Most fans want loyal players but treat them like computer game avatars.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum John Barnes

• 412 posts | 144 
      Reply #2055: Sep 01, 2018 08:18:38 pm
      You can do that, but next time Lovren leaves for a better offer you cannot blame him either. It becomes purely business. Most fans want loyal players but treat them like computer game avatars.

Sorry but you’re dribbling nonsense - you don’t just play players out of loyalty , you play the best players available and right now that’s what Gomez is - if Lovren wants to play alongside VVD then he can prove he is worthy of that shirt. Teams giving spots out of loyalty are teams that don’t win
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,083 posts | 4572 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2056: Sep 01, 2018 08:51:58 pm

Christ, what a moron you are.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,818 posts | 1358 
      Reply #2057: Sep 01, 2018 08:58:06 pm

I expected more from a German tbh. I thought they were very knowledgeable in football? :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,499 posts | 2522 
      Reply #2058: Sep 01, 2018 09:05:06 pm
      I expected more from a German tbh. I thought they were very knowledgeable in football? :)

I somehow doubt he is German.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 2308 
      Reply #2059: Sep 01, 2018 09:31:30 pm
      Leave Joe where he is and Dejan for cover in that position.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,040 posts | 3122 
      Reply #2060: Sep 01, 2018 09:49:25 pm

If Lovren leaves I’ll say “bye” and not be too worried. Joe is the future.
      LondonRed83

• 7,536 posts | 734 
      Reply #2061: Sep 01, 2018 09:51:20 pm

Ha ha you’re 100% here for a wind up.
      Red8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 304 posts | 30 
      Reply #2062: Sep 01, 2018 10:47:35 pm
      Dejan will get his chance to challenge Gomez for starting XI. Just look at the busy schedule after the international break.

But Gomez showed he does not deserve to be replaced that easy. Till he keeps this form it will be hard for Dejan to claim back his spot. But competition will drive you to work harder so this type of situations is exactly what we wont to see in our club.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,145 posts | 50 
      Reply #2063: Sep 02, 2018 12:06:29 am
      Didn't Robbo come in for the injured Moreno? Proved his worth and kept the place, Gomez doing the same, doesn't deserve to be dropped for Lovren.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | 150 
      Reply #2064: Sep 02, 2018 12:35:33 am
      Didn't Robbo come in for the injured Moreno? Proved his worth and kept the place, Gomez doing the same, doesn't deserve to be dropped for Lovren.

He shouldn't but rotation is inevitable with the crowded schedule. Lovren/Matip is a great 2nd pair to have so hopefully Dejan is up for a lesser role to benefit the team.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,113 posts | 2068 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2065: Sep 03, 2018 11:01:06 am

Tick Tock
      heimdall

• 7,179 posts | 1357 
      Reply #2066: Sep 03, 2018 11:25:28 am

Was it a mistake to put Alisson into the team then, surely that upset poor Karius and Mignolet, they didn't deserve that, oh hang on YES THEY FUCKING DID!!
      Scottbot

• 6,966 posts | 1057 
      Reply #2067: Sep 03, 2018 11:50:11 am

What are you talking about? It's not the NFL, football is fluid. Players come in and out of form &/or get injured. That's the whole idea of having a squad and competition for places. Dejan will get his chance and when he does it's up to him to prove he is the best option to play alongside VVD in the side but at the moment young Gomez is playing very very well and only a fool would take him out of the side for fear of upsetting Lovren despite his proclamations about being one of the best defenders in the world. There is nothing dishonourable about keeping Gomez in the side. Since Lovren was 'the starter' we've had a World Cup, a full pre-season which he was unable to be a part of (due to WC) and then an injury. Like I said, football is fluid. Lallana used to be the first name on the teamsheet before his injuries, should he also be returned instantly to the starting line-up now that he is fit again? Absolutely not, he needs to earn his place in the side same as everybody else.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #2068: Sep 03, 2018 02:17:07 pm
      With the way Gomez is playing, Dejan will have to get his head down and get grafting in training!!
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,818 posts | 1358 
      Reply #2069: Sep 03, 2018 02:53:17 pm
      With the way Gomez is playing, Dejan will have to get his head down and get grafting in training!!

Even better, knowing Lovren will be returning after the international break, Gomez will probably step up another level :D

Quick Reply