Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305245 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2070: Sep 06, 2018 10:34:56 pm
      Lovren has all the physical attributes to be a quality CB - he just needs someone next to him to be the one to organise things , when VVD - Lovren was superb until the end of the season. Still going to be needed this season
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2071: Sep 06, 2018 10:37:38 pm
      Hello Dadorious, have to say i love a triggered poster, makes for good debating. Thought i'd put this response in the relevant thread as i do not wish to contaminate the Gomez thread with the bile you initially posted there and also with the name of Lovren. I digress................. .

Ah, here it comes again. I have stated fact after fact about Lovren to prove why he is not good enough for Liverpool Football Club. I don't hate Lovren, i feel sorry for him, i feel pity for him. Pity that he constantly craves attention. Who the f**k goes on social media and demands that people accept he is one of the top defenders in the league? What do you think that Carra, Terry, Ferdinand, Agger, Hyypia and the like thought when they read that tripe? Who the f**k lies to their own Club about having a serious injury? By the way, what the hell does shipping out Klavan have to do with the Lovren injury that he hid from the Club? He is a f**king clown, end of.

Six seasons in and still people are sticking up for him. How long do you think is acceptable for a player to be at a Club to judge him fairly? He is a complete and utter arse clown. It is not an obsession i'm afraid, as much as you would have people believe, it is an objective statement based on Season after Season of utter disappointment as he fails time after time after time. Just when you think he might actually provide value for money he fails again. He has a history of peaking (rarely) and troughing (often), absolutely no consistency at all. Consistently whinging and seeking attention? Yes. Consistently playing at a Premier League level? No.

Now if you wish to have an objective debate on the ability, consistency and mental fortitude of Lovren then please fire away. Try and lay off the personal insults though? You have come raging into a debate and had the audacity to call me an obsessed mammary gland? I am not obsessed with Lovren, i am obsessed with ridding our defence of mistakes that have cost us dear over the last few years.

Do you find it a strange coincidence that since Gomez has started alongside van Dijk we are much more solid in the centre? Saturday against Leicester we saw a young centre back look after an experienced centre back. Now i am fully aware that Gomez has a long long way to go. What i am saying is that if Gomez maintains this rate of progression then Lovren will be lucky to see some Carabao Cup and F.A. Cup games if he is lucky.

It basically boils down to this.

You think Lovren is good enough to consistently play in a team with title aspirations.

I think Lovren is nowhere near good enough to consistently play in a team with title aspirations.

Shall we leave it at that or re-open the debate?

Thank you for your time and i look forward to your reply.

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I'd just like to say that Lovren is an outstanding athlete, and has bags of ability.

The thing that negates those qualities is his fragile mentality.

His physical attributes are fine, his mental attributes are most charitably described as weak.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2072: Sep 07, 2018 05:15:09 am
      Hello Dadorious, have to say i love a triggered poster, makes for good debating. Thought i'd put this response in the relevant thread as i do not wish to contaminate the Gomez thread with the bile you initially posted there and also with the name of Lovren. I digress................. .

Ah, here it comes again. I have stated fact after fact about Lovren to prove why he is not good enough for Liverpool Football Club. I don't hate Lovren, i feel sorry for him, i feel pity for him. Pity that he constantly craves attention. Who the f**k goes on social media and demands that people accept he is one of the top defenders in the league? What do you think that Carra, Terry, Ferdinand, Agger, Hyypia and the like thought when they read that tripe? Who the f**k lies to their own Club about having a serious injury? By the way, what the hell does shipping out Klavan have to do with the Lovren injury that he hid from the Club? He is a f**king clown, end of.

Six seasons in and still people are sticking up for him. How long do you think is acceptable for a player to be at a Club to judge him fairly? He is a complete and utter arse clown. It is not an obsession i'm afraid, as much as you would have people believe, it is an objective statement based on Season after Season of utter disappointment as he fails time after time after time. Just when you think he might actually provide value for money he fails again. He has a history of peaking (rarely) and troughing (often), absolutely no consistency at all. Consistently whinging and seeking attention? Yes. Consistently playing at a Premier League level? No.

Now if you wish to have an objective debate on the ability, consistency and mental fortitude of Lovren then please fire away. Try and lay off the personal insults though? You have come raging into a debate and had the audacity to call me an obsessed mammary gland? I am not obsessed with Lovren, i am obsessed with ridding our defence of mistakes that have cost us dear over the last few years.

Do you find it a strange coincidence that since Gomez has started alongside van Dijk we are much more solid in the centre? Saturday against Leicester we saw a young centre back look after an experienced centre back. Now i am fully aware that Gomez has a long long way to go. What i am saying is that if Gomez maintains this rate of progression then Lovren will be lucky to see some Carabao Cup and F.A. Cup games if he is lucky.

It basically boils down to this.

You think Lovren is good enough to consistently play in a team with title aspirations.

I think Lovren is nowhere near good enough to consistently play in a team with title aspirations.

Shall we leave it at that or re-open the debate?

Thank you for your time and i look forward to your reply.

“I don’t exactly know about Dejan’s start at Liverpool but he made a few mistakes. People always have that in mind: ‘Oh, Lovren again!’ But I’m long in the business. I said to Dejan: ‘If somebody told me, come on, you have the chance, create a centre-half. We found a way to do it, genetically, bam, bam, bam.’ That’s him, strong, quick, both feet, can head like crazy, jumps through the roof. He’s all you need. Yes, a few things you can improve – his concentration. But these are human beings.

“Other centre-halves make mistakes. Against City, Virgil van Dijk, an outstanding person and fantastic player, should have cleared the ball before they scored. Virgil knows that. But nobody spoke about it because we won. It doesn’t look like it but I’m really relaxed in judging these things. When I see talent, and I’m convinced, I am calm.”

Good enough for Jürgen, more than good enough for me.

I put that in this thread 6 months ago I think. Now what has unfolded since was an impeccable performance from Dejan in the CL final in which he got an assist in. He lead his countries defence with style and class to within a bees dick of a World Cup.

Not sure why you care so much about his personal life or what he does on social media. I will guarantee it though he will never stoop so low to spit on a 13 year old girl and her father in a car. An act you staunchly defended and questioned everyone's support and loyalty if they didn't agree. You also have provided no facts other than again state your personal dislike and style.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2073: Sep 07, 2018 06:57:58 am
      Lovren will be pushing Gomez for his place and that is what we need.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2074: Sep 07, 2018 02:14:50 pm
      Yes, a few things you can improve – his concentration.

From your Klopp quote.
      Nobody. Not HCS or even Klopp are saying anything negative about Lovren's ability or athleticism.
      Even in Klopp's quote he points to where everyone else says Lovren needs to improve. "His concentration".
      aka his mentality.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2075: Sep 07, 2018 02:26:17 pm
      From your Klopp quote.
      Nobody. Not HCS or even Klopp are saying anything negative about Lovren's ability or athleticism.
      Even in Klopp's quote he points to where everyone else says Lovren needs to improve. "His concentration".
      aka his mentality.

Thanks for chiming in tips.

Nothing in HCS post suggests his only concern is a lack of concentration?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2076: Sep 07, 2018 02:51:15 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2077: Sep 07, 2018 06:38:10 pm
      Why we talkin bout 6 months ago? As far as I know, we don't play in the past, we play in the present. And in this present, Gomez keeps Lovren on the bench, even if he was healthy (which he's not). Dejan will be a decent option off the bench but unless Joe's form dips, there's no way I'd have him ahead of Gomez.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2078: Sep 08, 2018 12:53:28 am
      Why we talkin bout 6 months ago? As far as I know, we don't play in the past, we play in the present. And in this present, Gomez keeps Lovren on the bench, even if he was healthy (which he's not). Dejan will be a decent option off the bench but unless Joe's form dips, there's no way I'd have him ahead of Gomez.

I'm talking about 6 months ago to highlight a single players achievements one who has been unfairly antagonized by the media and sadly our own fan base. Jürgen acknowledges that when talking about Lovren. Really pleased for young Joe and his start to the season but you don't win titles with 21 yr old center backs. Klopp knows the same and I'm sure will see it shortly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2079: Sep 09, 2018 02:32:40 am
      I'm talking about 6 months ago to highlight a single players achievements one who has been unfairly antagonized by the media and sadly our own fan base. Jürgen acknowledges that when talking about Lovren. Really pleased for young Joe and his start to the season but you don't win titles with 21 yr old center backs. Klopp knows the same and I'm sure will see it shortly.

You also don’t win titles with injured CB’s.

Jürgen’s acknowledgement of Lovren was also in the past and if you’ve been paying attention, he’s dishing out similar accolades to young Joe as of late.

Sorry man, Dejan is the past, Joe is the future.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2080: Sep 09, 2018 03:00:55 am
      You also don’t win titles with injured CB’s.

Jürgen’s acknowledgement of Lovren was also in the past and if you’ve been paying attention, he’s dishing out similar accolades to young Joe as of late.

Ultimately Klopp will decide that.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2081: Sep 09, 2018 02:23:26 pm

:f_whistle:   ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2082: Sep 09, 2018 03:02:21 pm

Yep
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2083: Sep 10, 2018 09:09:46 pm
      Out for another month :(
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2084: Sep 10, 2018 09:46:37 pm

Another month for Joe to further cement himself as Virgil's number one CB partner.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2085: Sep 10, 2018 11:11:36 pm

Who cares, he's not missed at all.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #2086: Sep 11, 2018 07:51:41 am

until no injuries, which can come before you now, god forbid    :f_wah:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2087: Sep 11, 2018 08:02:21 am
      until no injuries, which can come before you now, god forbid    :f_wah:

Even with injuries we have Matip available and Nat Philips at a push, but of course it would be good to get Lovren back and available as well, but I really don't see him as first choice at the moment.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2088: Sep 11, 2018 08:22:02 am

Even with injuries we have Matip available and Nat Philips at a push, but of course it would be good to get Lovren back and available as well, but I really don't see him as first choice at the moment.

Yeah because Matip is reliable cover. I’d rather Lovren not be playing through not being able to get into the team than because of injury, where as it seems you’re glad he’s injured.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2089: Sep 11, 2018 09:24:43 am

He must be lying again the c**t!

Put him under the polygraph.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2090: Sep 11, 2018 12:59:24 pm

Matip has spent 18 months and Philips is years away - we need Lovren fit , Gomez is young and doing well but Lovren right now is still a superb CB who was excellent when VVD came back - Lovren is going to be needed and hopefully not in the next month.

You appear to lack any substantial thinking beyond the top layer. We have a long season ahead and we need a strong squad to compete
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2091: Sep 19, 2018 06:05:37 pm
      The worlds best defender is back training :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2092: Sep 19, 2018 07:07:22 pm

Quick Reply