Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Where will we finish in the League?

1st
      67 (36.6%)
      2nd
      14 (7.7%)
      3rd
      54 (29.5%)
      4th
      32 (17.5%)
      5th-6th
      15 (8.2%)
      7th-9th
      0 (0%)
      10th-15th
      0 (0%)
      Below 15th
      1 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 180

Voting closed: Aug 17, 2014 03:56:46 pm

LFC - Premier League Finish Predictions 2014/15

Read 13223 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 454 
      Re: LFC - Premier League Finish Predictions 2014/15
      Reply #69: Aug 13, 2014 04:01:24 am
      I find it more staggering that some expect us to challenge for the title this season.

We will struggle without Suarez. As many have already said, no matter what the score was at the time or how ever long was left on the clock in our games last season, as long as Luis was on the pitch I always felt like we would win. He is simply that good.

Our attack next season is Sturridge (who will never play 50 games a season no chance) Lambert and Borini.

I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic, and I'd take fourth right now - so we keep qualifying for Champions League football and can build year after year.

I don't expect us to challenge for the league title for another 2 or 3 seasons.

You might change your mind if we get a good result in the 2nd game of the season.  I do understand where you are coming from.  It is going to be a difficult season.  Hope we start well, but the fixtures aren't as friendly as last season.  And without probably the best player in the world last season makes all the more difficult.  It would be an amazing achievement to be challenging for the title, nevermind winning it.  With all the new recruits, back in Europe and losing an important player. 
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #70: Aug 14, 2014 11:26:11 am
      Dan Roan
      BBC Sport
      #PLPredictions

Posted at 11:11
      "1. Liverpool, 2. Chelsea, 3. Man City, 4. Arsenal, Bottom three: Southampton, Burnley, Leicester.
      "Most people will understandably write Liverpool off having lost their best player & with the added burden of Europe again. But last season was no fluke. The runners-up have reinvested the Suarez cash wisely, and for the first time in years have proper strength in depth and a solid defence.
      "In Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge they also possess the kind of young, attacking talent that will only improve, and which can compensate for the departure of their former talisman. Liverpool can go one better than last year, and be the surprise champions the premier league so desperately needs. There will be life after Luis, just you watch."

I'm with this guy.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,621 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #71: Aug 14, 2014 02:44:50 pm
      As it stands 3rd.
      World Class striker and Left Back 1st.

So. Just go get that striker pls.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #72: Aug 15, 2014 12:20:55 pm
      WE have made some very good signings ,the most important is still to happen IMO the striker or strikers we need in case of injury ,these will determine our position .
      Liverpool should be in the top 3 ,get the right striker and we could be first
      I dont think the owners spent over £100 million to be second ,Citah and Chelsea`s squads should  give them an edge ,but we  have bolstered our squad with some cracking talent ,its down to the managers and how good they are, 2 guys who have done nearly all you can in club football ,
      amd one guy still trying reach those heights Brendans got a great chance of winning the title,
      he needs another option up front .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #73: Aug 15, 2014 12:32:07 pm
      1. Chelsea
      2. Manchester City
      3. Liverpool
      4. Arsenal
      5. Spurs
      6. Manchester United
      7. Everton
      8. Newcastle

18. West Bromwich
      19. Leicester
      20. Burnley

Two things though; 1) I would in no way be surprised we win this thing. We are quality and play the best footy in the league but the others have that ability to shut up shop with confidence. Whether that proves to be the difference we will see, and 2) ManU are fu**ed.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #74: Aug 15, 2014 04:57:15 pm
      I voted 4th right when this poll was put up.  With the additions of Moreno and Manquillo, I'm a bit more confident in our defensive unit.  If we can add another top notch ST and a better backup GK then I'll be expecting us to challenge for the title again, and if we don't win it we will at least finish top 3.  Can't f**king wait for Sunday so we can get this season underway!!!

Edit:  And I'll throw out another prediction - Coutinho will be on the short list for BPL POTY this season, and if we win the league then he will scoop the award :)
      Scottbot

• 9,617 posts | 2159 
      Reply #75: Aug 15, 2014 08:29:35 pm
      Just about every pundit out there has us finishing in 5th don't they, completely written off as one season wonders by the looks of things.

Fu.....ck em!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #76: Aug 15, 2014 11:51:33 pm
      The banner at the top telling me to vote on this has Rodgers looking scary as F**k.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #77: Aug 15, 2014 11:57:17 pm
      WOW. Do i see a vote for below 15th?

Below 15th? REALLY?!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #78: Aug 16, 2014 12:01:37 am
      Dan Roan from the BBC predicted that Liverpool would win the league. The only journalist who's broken from the conventional belief that we will somehow slip back down the table. You couldn't have got me predicting anything brilliant a couple of weeks ago but I have to say I'm feeling more confident as we get closer and closer to the season start.

All systems go. Prepare for lift off.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #79: Aug 16, 2014 12:21:16 am
      Dan Roan from the BBC predicted that Liverpool would win the league. The only journalist who's broken from the conventional belief that we will somehow slip back down the table. You couldn't have got me predicting anything brilliant a couple of weeks ago but I have to say I'm feeling more confident as we get closer and closer to the season start.

All systems go. Prepare for lift off.

Nice to hear some positivity. The over-reaction to how far the so called pundits think we'll fall based mostly on Suarez is ridiculous. I've voted for us to come 3rd and that's more based on the fact that we have CL than losing Suarez. I think we've done a great job improving at the back and if we get a striker I don't think winning it is out of the question at all.

I've actually backed us because 12/1 is way too generous. Some talking about 6th-7th is insulting and disrespectful to how far we've come. It'll be nice to hear their excuses when it's thrown in their faces come May.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #80: Aug 16, 2014 12:25:28 am
      F**k it.

We're going to win it.

Can't wait now.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #81: Aug 16, 2014 03:12:48 am
      Take away Suarez's goals from last year and we are left with 70 goals scored by the rest of the team.

That's still more than Tottenham scored with their star man Bale in 2012-13, and just ten short of the average goals scored with Ronaldo's Man Utd.

Just to emphasise this is a TEAM effort, and not a team based on one individual. Can the thick English media not get it into their heads? Considering how thick English footballers are, we shouldn't be worried as such obvious idiocy carries over into their punditry careers - if anything it should be reassuring. Alan Shearer and Phil Neville can kiss the proverbials suggesting we'll be poor or 'POOOAH' in Alan's case (and F**k sake, get some elocution lessons lads - says it all when Thierry Henry and Clarence Seedorf basically speak the Queen's English compared to these IQ depleted bellends they call pundits in England).

Who will win the title Alan?

'Chelsea - it's the MOOR-EEEEN-YOHHHH FACTA'.

Brilliant analysis there Alan, you complete and utter fucktard.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #82: Aug 16, 2014 03:21:05 am
      WOW. Do i see a vote for below 15th?

Below 15th? REALLY?!

Who? We will try very HARD to achieve that!

:lmao:  :mad:
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #83: Aug 16, 2014 04:48:18 am
      Finish above Utd, ill be happy with that. Not that it'll be hard, they'll finish around 7th again.

2nd place, the head says.

The heart says 1st, Strong ticker i have :)

Quick Reply