Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

How Much Will You Miss Luis?

Read 20353 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: How Much Will You Miss Luis?
      Reply #92: Aug 05, 2014 11:45:21 am
      Agree on moving on Jon and I will but I can honestly say I will miss watching Luis play. Genius footballers don't come around too often.

I miss watching lots of old players mate.. We have always had great ones.. I could name dozens who I've sat open mouthed at watching live..  Luis no different to those.. Once he has left the shirt that's all for me
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #93: Aug 05, 2014 11:48:28 am
      I miss watching lots of old players mate.. We have always had great ones.. I could name dozens who I've sat open mouthed at watching live..  Luis no different to those.. Once he has left the shirt that's all for me

Fair enough.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #94: Aug 05, 2014 11:52:10 am

I'm not saying people shouldn't miss him mate

Just my view is that I don't really, I like to look forward and enjoy the game for what it is..

I honestly haven't thought about him as a red since he left. Good luck to him, thanks for the memories Luis

I'm off to watch Raheem tear them a new one
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #95: Aug 05, 2014 11:54:29 am
      I'm not saying people shouldn't miss him mate

I know mate.

Going to be a beast this season is that lad.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #96: Aug 05, 2014 11:59:19 am

Which is what I personally feel will be our main problem this season - relying on a 19 year old to make things happen.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #97: Aug 05, 2014 12:00:48 pm
      Which is what I personally feel will be our main problem this season - relying on a 19 year old to make things happen.

Didn't say that did I?

Just said he is exciting to watch

I hope someone has your belt and shoelaces lad
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #98: Aug 05, 2014 12:04:44 pm
      Didn't say that did I?

Just said he is exciting to watch

I hope someone has your belt and shoelaces lad

You didn't, but that is what you implied as have many others.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #99: Aug 05, 2014 12:06:49 pm

Mate lighten up.. It's meant to be fun this football lark

Glass half full?

You haven't even got a glass
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #100: Aug 05, 2014 12:14:04 pm

Glass half full?

Why the need for these snide remarks?

Anyway how little you will miss Suarez is only something you can dictate. I'm hoping come the season, our club will not be missing him either.

All to look forward to and I'm sure Lallana and Markovic will take some of that weight of Raheem shoulders.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #101: Aug 05, 2014 12:28:56 pm

Glass half full?

And whose fault is that.
      Brendan F***ing Rodgers. That's who.
      Lad spilt his pint in a rage at full time last night.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #102: Aug 05, 2014 01:19:37 pm

He didn't imply anything of the sort, why do you insist on always trying to make something out of nothing? And yet you still seem to act surprised that you are widely derided as a troll like character on this forum.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #103: Aug 05, 2014 02:20:47 pm
      After watching us in all our pre-season games I think we are going to miss Luis more than I expected.... and I expected us to miss him a lot!

People seem to be worrying what will happen if we lose Sturridge for a few games, my worry is if we lose Sterling for a few games, as at the moment he is the only one supplying the energy, the edge and movement required to open up defences.

Ibe has done well but is not quite ready imo.  Coutinho can supply the ammunition but if the players aren't making the runs or creating the space most of that ammunition will be blanks. Too many times he has looked to play a player in only for there to be no player there or making the required run.

Yes it is pre-season, yes there is still time to bring in the striker/s we need, just not so sure we will get the striker we need, more that we will get a striker that we hope with luck may do a job.

Sorry about the negative post.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,705 posts | 7164 
      Reply #104: Aug 05, 2014 02:21:02 pm
      If we win our first few games and quickly establish ourselves as title contenders nobody will even mention his name. However we do have a difficult start and if things go against us I fully expect Luis's name to be brought up in every thread.
      Personally I loved the guy he was so special but I wish we could just forget about him now and concentrate on OUR players.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #105: Aug 05, 2014 05:50:05 pm
      What a pathetic thread
      Get a f***in grip & grow the F**k up ffs

We're here for you, this is a support group network, were you can share your personal favourite stories of the nutcase one biting someone, nutmegging them, berating refs, opponents and teammates.

You're not alone!

You just need to accept Jesus in your heart and start with our 12 step programme and we here at Suarezaddiction will do our best to help you through this troubling time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #106: Aug 05, 2014 05:53:14 pm
      SAS [Suarez & Sturridge] - 2013/14: http://youtu.be/EntnDiK_2v8

Too much. He was the top dog here and made us tick. Always gave 100% and at times was totally unplayable.

Off the ball he was an absolute pest. His clever runs in behind the defense or out into wider positions caused the opposition defence to split open. He was a true warrior of a footballer.

Sterling is not ready to be the top dog just yet. He's a fantastic player do not get me wrong but the idea of a 19 year old running the show for us I feel is a little concerning. I'm sure he'd be more humbled playing with talent like Suarez. Hope this doesn't inflate his ego when Real Madrid eventually come calling. He's still very much a developing talent but people are talking about his as if he is our saviour.

Obviously Suarez wanted the move and he was banned but if I had the option of all these signings and no Suarez, or keep Suarez and sign two fullbacks then it would be the latter every day of the week. Our current squad is now designed to play more games than it was last year; however, I am not entirely sure it is designed to win as many games as last season (if that makes sense). Luis was the cutting edge to this team.

I'd be looking at Sturridge being our top dog this season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,705 posts | 7164 
      Reply #107: Aug 05, 2014 06:00:53 pm
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #108: Aug 05, 2014 06:39:01 pm
      I'd be looking at Sturridge being our top dog this season.

Does there have to be a top dog? It's a team sport after all. People need to get out of this notion of such and such is the main striker. One of the keys to our successful campaign last year was our tactical flexibility in our formations. What we need is a striker that can play with Sturridge, or instead of Sturridge, or with Lambert or Borini (if he stays). There might be times when 4-4-2 is best suited, others when 4-3-3 or or 4-2-3-1 or whatever other combination of ten numbers you can come up with. What we don't need though is more creativity in the side, or I should say, more creativity at the expense of clinical finishing because we already have enough of that; in short we need goals. We need a proven and experienced top, top goal scorer and not someone from some mid-table team but someone used to scoring against Europe's elite and one who can play up on his own, as a strike partner or anywhere across a front three. Last night reinforced the fact that we just don't have that with our current strike force.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #109: Aug 06, 2014 08:02:57 am
      I see no reason to buy into the frankly ridiculous idea that some results should be disregarded in pursuit of your point.
      Ah... why not swab?

After all, you're asking us to buy into the same "frankly ridiculous idea". I mean - you're happy to "disregard" 36 games, to support your opinion, aren't you?
       :dunce2:

Listen: you're probably right, there was no need for me to confuse issues by bringing outliers into the debate but the truth is... I'd just assumed you'd know about them.

Put it like this: if Arsenal had only scored 30 goals in 36 games but 11 in the other 2 - would it be accurate to say their attack was brilliant?

Anyway.. I'm sorry if I offended you earlier.
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2014 08:24:39 am by bad boy bubby »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #110: Aug 06, 2014 08:53:43 am
      Does there have to be a top dog? It's a team sport after all. People need to get out of this notion of such and such is the main striker. One of the keys to our successful campaign last year was our tactical flexibility in our formations. What we need is a striker that can play with Sturridge, or instead of Sturridge, or with Lambert or Borini (if he stays). There might be times when 4-4-2 is best suited, others when 4-3-3 or or 4-2-3-1 or whatever other combination of ten numbers you can come up with. What we don't need though is more creativity in the side, or I should say, more creativity at the expense of clinical finishing because we already have enough of that; in short we need goals. We need a proven and experienced top, top goal scorer and not someone from some mid-table team but someone used to scoring against Europe's elite and one who can play up on his own, as a strike partner or anywhere across a front three. Last night reinforced the fact that we just don't have that with our current strike force.

You ask if we need a ''top dog'' when the realities are such an enquiry is a faulted flattery.
      What we do need are two recognised hit men, proven goal scorers and game winners, otherwise we face the same failure and disappointment as last season with spectacles like Steven Gerrard with his head in his hands and open space between him and Mignolet.
      Sturridge is our only credible threat, a threat that will take out two or three of the opposition in an effort to mark him out of the game, if we had two players of Studge's calibre how much space would that free up?
      The absence of the lad confirms the proposition, it really is not worth the time discussing make-piece replacements....to make the most of where we are at we need quality in depth up front; a prima donna or ''top dog'' is not the priority, a credible attacking unit most certainly is......
      ........as for Johnson, Skrtel, Kelly etc....the sight of Steven Gerrard with his head in his hands appears once more.     
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #111: Aug 06, 2014 09:07:16 am
      SAS [Suarez & Sturridge] - 2013/14: http://youtu.be/EntnDiK_2v8

Too much. He was the top dog here and made us tick. Always gave 100% and at times was totally unplayable.

The ''top dog'' description is a poisoned chalice and the quandary the manager has to confront right now is proof of the assertion.
      Instead of that term why not use the phrase 'essential for the success of the team' which makes the question of whether we need Suarez redundant, substitute Sturridge for Suarez when appropriate.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #112: Aug 06, 2014 11:19:05 am
      Ah... why not swab?

After all, you're asking us to buy into the same "frankly ridiculous idea". I mean - you're happy to "disregard" 36 games, to support your opinion, aren't you?

Listen: you're probably right, there was no need for me to confuse issues by bringing outliers into the debate but the truth is... I'd just assumed you'd know about them.

Put it like this: if Arsenal had only scored 30 goals in 36 games but 11 in the other 2 - would it be accurate to say their attack was brilliant?

Anyway.. I'm sorry if I offended you earlier.

38 games.
      I know about outliers, but I see no reason to include them in football.
      It's a 38 game season and every game counts.
      I don't know why you're banging on about this because I made my position, and opinion perfectly clear.
      If you don't agree with it, that's your choice, but I have no idea why it seems so important to you that I agree with your opinion.
      I've given my thoughts on the arsenal team and how they defend, but that's something you choose to ignore, so there is no conversation to be had.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #113: Aug 06, 2014 12:25:34 pm
      I know about outliers, but I see no reason to include them in football.
      :lmao:

Oh holy F**k.

You do know that it was you who introduced those two games, by way of evidence, to support your opinion?

One thing you're right about - there's no conversation to be had.

See ya   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #114: Aug 06, 2014 12:31:11 pm
      :lmao:

Oh holy F**k.

You do know that it was you who introduced those two games, by way of evidence, to support your opinion?

One thing you're right about - there's no conversation to be had.

See ya   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Introduced them?
      Mentioned them in passing is more like it, which you then leaped on in your usual cherrypicking way.

I see you still have a bug up your arse about being called disingenuous, and I hold to that because of the way you cherrypick little parts of posts instead of having a real conversation.

You moan about beerbelly stalking you, but in your own way, you're just as bad, if not worse.

Quick Reply