Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Daniel Agger (Arsenal/Barcelona)

Read 24255 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Re: Daniel Agger (Arsenal)
      Reply #23: Aug 06, 2014 11:32:00 pm
      he's off to barca, we knew it all along.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #24: Aug 06, 2014 11:35:43 pm
      How much would people want for Agger?

Me personally, if the likes of Barca do come calling, 15m+ minimum.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #25: Aug 06, 2014 11:40:26 pm
      Daniel Agger has had a tearful heart-to-heart with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and asked to leave the club, writes Darren Lewis.

The distraught 29-year-old defender - the Reds’ vice-captain - made his emotional request in a dressing-room exchange during their recent pre-season tour of America.

Agger is now set to be sold, with Barcelona the favourites to land him.

A move to the Nou Camp for the £12million-rated Dane would pave the way for Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen to go to Manchester United - his preferred destination.

Agger, who made just 23 appearances in all competitions last season, is understood to have told Rodgers that he fears he is fighting a losing battle to win back a regular place in the side.

The Liverpool boss is understood to have been sympathetic to the player, who then broke down and had to be consoled by senior members of the squad.

Agger then asked to be allowed to leave the tour and was given permission by Rodgers to fly home.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-tearful-daniel-agger-4002143#ixzz39ecxvJUe
      Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #26: Aug 06, 2014 11:57:45 pm
      I'd be really gutted if we sold Dagger. Still think he's our best CB along with Lovren and that we need 4 quality CBs (discounting calamity Toure) regardless.

Either way, either the mirror or whoever reported he'd picked up an injury has been telling porkies!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #27: Aug 07, 2014 12:06:53 am
      I'd be really gutted if we sold Dagger. Still think he's our best CB along with Lovren and that we need 4 quality CBs (discounting calamity Toure) regardless.

Either way, either the mirror or whoever reported he'd picked up an injury has been telling porkies!

To be honest with you I think a back for of  Moreno/Sahko/Lovren/Flanagan is the future and could be a consistent and dominating defense for years

I like Agger and he should play as much as he can while he still can and I don't think that is going to happen at Liverpool FC.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #28: Aug 07, 2014 12:13:10 am
      To be honest with you I think a back for of  Moreno/Sahko/Lovren/Flanagan is the future and could be a consistent and dominating defense for years

I like Agger and he should play as much as he can while he still can and I don't think that is going to happen at Liverpool FC.
      I agree, though I'd have Manquilo there ahead of Flanno (assuming he plays well).

I just think we need good cover at CB and see no reason to sell one of our best defenders. Fair enough if Dagger wants play time, but, for me, when fit, he should still be starting for us alongside Lovren.

I also can't be the only one who finds the very real prospect of Suarez, Pepe and now Dagger all leaving in 1 window slightly depressing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Re: Daniel Agger (Arsenal/Barcelona)
      Reply #29: Aug 07, 2014 02:10:16 am
      Agger is not better than Sakho and Lovren didn't come here to sit on the bench so Danny's only going to be a backup or cup player at best. I love him as a player and wish him well if he does go. Actually think he would be a good addition for Barca if he went there.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #30: Aug 07, 2014 02:29:10 am
      I agree, though I'd have Manquilo there ahead of Flanno (assuming he plays well).

I just think we need good cover at CB and see no reason to sell one of our best defenders. Fair enough if Dagger wants play time, but, for me, when fit, he should still be starting for us alongside Lovren.

I also can't be the only one who finds the very real prospect of Suarez, Pepe and now Dagger all leaving in 1 window slightly depressing.

With potentially Leiva to go too! I doubt very much that Skrtel will be here next season if, as we all suspect, Sakho and Lovren will become the 'established' CB pairing. With the exception of Pepe, I was fully expecting the 'fringe' players to be shipped out.

Hope it's not another one of Brendan's f**king sound bites again.

Last year it was "we need more depth" - conclusion......9 out / 9 in.

This year it's "quality and depth" - so far........I'll let you draw your own conclusions bit IMO we're still lacking in both and the lack of activity regarding forwards is now becoming alarming. I know there's still plenty of window time but surely FFS the first priority should have been to get another first choice forward in.

I wonder which poor sap is going to be given the role of vice Captain?

Danny boy has clearly been unhappy here the past 12 months so if he does leave it'll be with best wishes and kind regards.

More proof perhaps that Brendan ain't the brilliant man manager that he's cracked out to be - unless of course you're 100% fully committed to his cause without any reservations.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #31: Aug 07, 2014 02:49:51 am
      Agger is not better than Sakho and Lovren didn't come here to sit on the bench so Danny's only going to be a backup or cup player at best. I love him as a player and wish him well if he does go. Actually think he would be a good addition for Barca if he went there.
      At this point, I still rate Agger more highly than Sakho tbh. Not saying Sakho won't be a beast for us in a few seasons' time mind.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #32: Aug 07, 2014 02:53:07 am
      I'd take £8m for him. Think he's vastly overrated by most, he's slow, he's weak (for a CB), he's poor in the air (for a CB). The only reason people rate him so highly is because of his ability to carry the ball out from the back, but with Lovren and Sakho we have two adept ball carriers and passers amongst our ranks.

Love him as a guy and his loyalty has been incredible, but I feel the time is right to move on.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #33: Aug 07, 2014 03:00:12 am
      At this point, I still rate Agger more highly than Sakho tbh. Not saying Sakho won't be a beast for us in a few seasons' time mind.

For this coming season I would have put Danny boy slightly ahead too. Sakho looks like Bambi on stilts at times, but will in time come good I'm sure.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34: Aug 07, 2014 05:18:08 am
      We could try for Nastasic, say Skrtel will be phased out gradually and he could be starting as many games when Sakho is out injured!

But for that to happen, his own 'mystery' injury has to be cured  :P
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #35: Aug 07, 2014 06:25:53 am
      Sad to see him go but it was inevitable.

The squad will be weaker without him that's for sure.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #36: Aug 07, 2014 07:46:08 am
      I would like Agger to stay, but if  true and he wants to leave , the club has to consider the right price for him ,not 12M as the article below suggests
       what I don't like is that we could sell him to the arse ,so they can give vermaelen to the mancs
       He has no buy-out clause in his contract, so we can fix the price as LFC wants, and should double it for a PL club

Just hope if Danny leaves it would be to a non English club,especially arsenal  I just hate them like the mancs ,after the  Suarez and sanchez sagas

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/07/arsenal-transfer-boost-as-target-daniel-agger-begs-liverpool-to-sell-him-4824119/

YNWA
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #37: Aug 07, 2014 08:46:09 am
      Not going to lie, regardless of injuries etc, I genuinely think I would be more gutted to lose Agger than I was with losing Luis....I can't really explain why other than the loyalty he has shown over the years.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #38: Aug 07, 2014 08:59:07 am
      Life unfortunately.

I genuinely believe we have better replacements and Agger has been one of my favourite players for a long time. 
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #39: Aug 07, 2014 09:15:44 am
      Good player on his day, wouldn't say he is great but still don't want to sell him to a rival PL club.

He is made of glass. Would be happy to see him move to Barca for the right fee.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #40: Aug 07, 2014 09:26:24 am
      I for one will be gutted to see Pepe go,

wrong thread fella...haha. but i wouldn't sell him if he's ok with being back up. it's a long season with potentially 60 games coming up. we'll need the depth. if he wants regular games...sell him abroad and thank him for all his contribution and loyalty over the years. classy man he is.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #41: Aug 07, 2014 10:23:53 am
      wrong thread fella...haha. but i wouldn't sell him if he's ok with being back up. it's a long season with potentially 60 games coming up. we'll need the depth. if he wants regular games...sell him abroad and thank him for all his contribution and loyalty over the years. classy man he is.

This all day^^^

YNWA
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #42: Aug 07, 2014 10:30:59 am
      I'd take £8m for him. Think he's vastly overrated by most, he's slow, he's weak (for a CB), he's poor in the air (for a CB). The only reason people rate him so highly is because of his ability to carry the ball out from the back, but with Lovren and Sakho we have two adept ball carriers and passers amongst our ranks.

Love him as a guy and his loyalty has been incredible, but I feel the time is right to move on.

What? he might be slow on the turn, but he is good at reading of the game (something that Skrtel lacks big time) and a good tackler. He is also good at organizing and communicating with his defenders (something Skrtel also lacks a lot and can't even hold the line to save his life).

Selling Agger and keeping Skrtel is a downgrade, would rather have Agger-Lovren partnership any day of the week.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #43: Aug 07, 2014 10:35:33 am
      Sad to see him go but it was inevitable.

The squad will be weaker without him that's for sure.

1000%,

I can't believe it really, 2nd best defender after Lovren in the team
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #44: Aug 07, 2014 10:45:14 am
      Sad to see him go, but IMO he's not the player he was a couple of seasons ago.

I just hope we don't get a couple of key injuries early in the season and end up relying on the likes of Toure and Coates to fill in when we could have had Agger to turn to?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45: Aug 07, 2014 10:54:22 am
      Great footballer.
      Not such a great defender.

Quick Reply