Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)

Read 7153 times
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Re: Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
      Reply #69: Jul 12, 2014 12:59:59 am
      I'd love us to sign him tbh.

However, until I see a credible article based on fact rather than supposition, inference and attention-seeking I shan't be getting my hopes up!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #70: Jul 12, 2014 04:15:40 am
      Think Karim is a very impressive player when he pulls his finger out.
      Got really good to great qualities in all areas of his play.
      The issue is just the price and whether he'd do well in the Prem.
      Just a shame that he'd be so expensive that it's not really a punt but a risk.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #71: Jul 12, 2014 08:33:11 am
      I feel pretty much the same about this as I do the Bony link - can't see how he fits what was (until very recently) the 'profile' of a Liverpool attacker: fast, technically adept and versatile [play left, right and centre].

I can't see how any scouting list, based on the 'profile', would start with Sanchez then move on to Bony & Benzema. For me, out of the players we have been linked with, Remy fits the profile in many more aspects than either of the two.

It's going to see how it unfolds.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #72: Jul 12, 2014 09:27:40 am
      I feel pretty much the same about this as I do the Bony link - can't see how he fits what was (until very recently) the 'profile' of a Liverpool attacker: fast, technically adept and versatile [play left, right and centre].

I can't see how any scouting list, based on the 'profile', would start with Sanchez then move on to Bony & Benzema. For me, out of the players we have been linked with, Remy fits the profile in many more aspects than either of the two.

It's going to see how it unfolds.

Agree 100% mate, I can't see how signing an out an out number who can't fit in elsewhere is in any way in tune with the Brendan likes the lads to play. Drudge is our number 9 and Rickie is the backup, our next signing will surely be a tweeter who can play both wide and through the middle in the mould of Sanchez.

That would completely rule out a player like Bony and most likely Benzema despite the fact he can play the odd game from wide areas.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #73: Jul 12, 2014 03:12:33 pm
      I think this entire story is a non-starter. It was in the Metro, then the Star (quoting the Metro) but I can't find any reputable sources linking him with us. In fact, I can't find any reputable sources linking us with anyone other than Wilfried F***ing Bony.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #74: Aug 06, 2014 07:45:11 pm
      Signed a new deal at Madrid. Never wanted us to sign him anyway.

Quick Reply