Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Samuel Eto'o

Read 22485 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Samuel Eto
      Reply #46: Aug 11, 2014 11:40:44 pm
      We are Liverpool, not F***ing QPR (excuse my french).

Remy :roll:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #47: Aug 11, 2014 11:41:23 pm
      Basically, this would work for me if we get another forward of some variety in - I must say though, part of my gut reaction against this, is because he is a massive tw*t.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #48: Aug 11, 2014 11:45:45 pm
      You know this for a fact?  Or is it just your opinion? It wouldn't be the first time we've replaced players with inferior players.

Stop being so hysterical.

He is clearly being bought as a backup option.

The other talk about protecting "Studge" is just ridiculous. Sturridge has just broken records playing alongside Suarez, arguably the best player in the world right now - he's hardly going to be intimidated by Bony, Remy or any other of our rumoured targets.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #49: Aug 11, 2014 11:45:45 pm

Looks like we're gonna have to get this machine running again, doc..
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #50: Aug 11, 2014 11:47:48 pm
      If Eto'o, Moreno an A.N. Other striker come in (Bony or better), that would be an out-f***in'-standing window.  Already a good window, even if some aren't happy with what we've laid out when we clearly have more available.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #51: Aug 11, 2014 11:51:36 pm
      If Eto'o, Moreno an A.N. Other striker come in (Bony or better), that would be an out-f***in'-standing window.  Already a good window, even if some aren't happy with what we've laid out when we clearly have more available.

Agreed, a great blend of experience, talent, and potential all in one window.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #52: Aug 11, 2014 11:52:22 pm
      Would take him as a Borini replacement but nothing more.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #53: Aug 11, 2014 11:53:14 pm
      This is just a convenient link that a journalist has come up with I think.

He was going to West Ham because they're after every striker available last week. Also linked with QPR.

Anyway Frank De Boer has said they have held talks with Eto'o and they are trying to sign him.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #54: Aug 11, 2014 11:54:57 pm
      He reportedly earned £7M in wages at Chelsea (in one season).

Seems like a rather steep price to pay for an ageing player who is a shadow of his former self.

Agree with the general consensus of a backup option at most. But an expensive one with wages like that.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #55: Aug 11, 2014 11:56:23 pm
      This is just a convenient link that a journalist has come up with I think.

Not just any old journalist though.

Quite reliable sources in Tony Barret and Andy Hunter reporting this, along with a couple other reporters. I doubt they could all "come up" with the same link at the exact same time.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #56: Aug 12, 2014 12:00:11 am

Quite reliable sources in Tony Barret and Andy Hunter reporting this, along with a couple other reporters. I doubt they could all "come up" with the same link at the exact same time.

Looks like it is happening.

I really wanted us to sign Samuel Eto'o... about a decade ago.

As long as he's not our LS replacement..

Still wondering who this big name Tim Vickery was talking about.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #57: Aug 12, 2014 12:00:38 am
      If it's just Eto'o I'd not be too keen but if we sign him and still get the likes of Bony then it'd leave us with very good options up front.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #58: Aug 12, 2014 12:01:36 am
      Much prefer this option over Bony.  He is a more similar type of player to Studge and I think he would fit into our style of play much better than Bony.  I'd be happy if our striking options were Studge, Eto'o, Lambert, and Borini.  If (as is being rumored) Eto'o is being lined up to replace Borini and we still have another better option coming in, then even better :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #59: Aug 12, 2014 12:01:40 am

All of the articles state assumptions and imply motives.

I do take their word with transfers but usually when they actually state that something has happened, not when they suggest something COULD happen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #60: Aug 12, 2014 12:03:16 am
      I'd be happy if our striking options were Studge, Eto'o, Lambert, and Borini.

I wouldn't mate and would still like another striker along with those four or in place of Fabio to replace the quality lost from Luis.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #61: Aug 12, 2014 12:05:07 am
      All of the articles state assumptions and imply motives.

I do take their word with transfers but usually when they actually state that something has happened, not when they suggest something COULD happen.

Clearly someone from LFC has briefed them as they wouldn't publish anything unless there was solid information in it.

Tony Barret and Andy Hunter have been right about nearly everything so far this summer.

I wouldn't mate and would still like another striker along with those four or in place of Fabio to replace the quality lost from Luis.

I agree. I don't think we can sell Suarez and replace him with Lambert and Eto and be satisfied we've replaced him adequately.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #62: Aug 12, 2014 12:07:24 am
      If we get Eto then there's no other striker i'm sorry but you have to be deluded to think if we sign Eto we will add another striker . The most shocking part is there's some people who see getting Eto is ok  :mad: :mad:

WTF is wrong with this club why we always adore going for cheap F***ing options I mean WTF !
      I can't buy these no right player available bullshit excuse , just admit that we can't afford it .

Ffs I'm so pissed off so even Bony is way beyond our limits ? A team with CL going for a 34 years old !!
      Seriously WTF is wrong haven't we learned from Alonso mistake ? But yeah go for Eto and watch others winning trophies I'm getting already stressed and I don't want to feel this way .
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #63: Aug 12, 2014 12:15:43 am
      I'd prefer Eto'o to Borini or Lambert if we needed a striker to play against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu.

We've been left with our pants down as usual and are scraping the barrel but Eto'o is better cover for Sturridge than what we currently have.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #64: Aug 12, 2014 12:18:38 am
      Clearly someone from LFC has briefed them as they wouldn't publish anything unless there was solid information in it.

Tony Barret and Andy Hunter have been right about nearly everything so far this summer.

I agree. I don't think we can sell Suarez and replace him with Lambert and Eto and be satisfied we've replaced him adequately.

I don't think "clearly". They all just state Liverpool COULD move to sign him after "being notified of his availability".

1) We want a striker and he's on a free. Easy assumption.

2) being notified? I knew he was available months ago! Who needs to be notified of a free transfer?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #65: Aug 12, 2014 12:25:43 am
      If we get Eto then there's no other striker i'm sorry but you have to be deluded to think if we sign Eto we will add another striker . The most shocking part is there's some people who see getting Eto is ok  :mad: :mad:

WTF is wrong with this club why we always adore going for cheap f**king options I mean WTF !
      I can't buy these no right player available bullshit excuse , just admit that we can't afford it .

Ffs I'm so pissed off so even Bony is way beyond our limits ? A team with CL going for a 34 years old !!
      Seriously WTF is wrong haven't we learned from Alonso mistake ? But yeah go for Eto and watch others winning trophies I'm getting already stressed and I don't want to feel this way .

Honestly, posts like this make me laugh.

One of the things Brendan has highlighted in our young squad is a lack of leadership and experience - which is why he signed Kolo and Lovren.

We are a team who hasn't won the domestic league for about the same length of time as Everton - international no-marks - last did and you're having a hissy fit because we are suggesting we could find a place for Eto'o - a four times African cup Player of the tournament, twice African Cup winner - on our bench?

Yes he may be 34 years old - the same age as Stevie - but unlike Stevie he has won multiple league titles and THREE champion's league trophies. Just let that sink in for a second. The moments you treasure from Istanbul? Treble them. They are routine wins for Eto'o.

If we create chances (which we will), this guy will score them. Full stop. Like he has at every level he has played.

What more is it that you are looking for  from our backup striker?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #66: Aug 12, 2014 12:36:05 am
      If we get Eto then there's no other striker i'm sorry but you have to be deluded to think if we sign Eto we will add another striker

Based off of what do you make this assumption?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #67: Aug 12, 2014 12:37:05 am
      Eto, or Ego as my iPad has just corrected the spelling, is a journey man, he plays for himself, and not the club, who ever that may be.

I'd rather we gave the money he'd be getting to Charity.

He was the c**t who took Luis out at Stamford Brigde.

It's a no from me.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #68: Aug 12, 2014 12:53:07 am
      Looks like it is happening.

I really wanted us to sign Samuel Eto'o... about a decade ago.

As long as he's not our LS replacement..

Still wondering who this big name Tim Vickery was talking about.

Nothing is "happening", it's an option that's being considered as a potential stop-gap if we fail to land a top striker in the next couple of weeks. That said, the fact that it's even being considered speaks volumes of what's wrong with our transfer policy. You simply don't see big clubs releasing their top talent before they have replacements lined up and ready to walk through the door and you certainly do not sell your best player then spend the majority of the window focusing on squad building only to find all the alternatives are now out of reach forcing you in to panic signings.

I mean seriously, from Suarez to Lambert and Eto'o. This is the product of our supposed world wide scouting network? Everyone could see there was at least a sizeable risk of loosing Suarez and with a year to plan replacing him as a contingency at least, this is the best they could come up with? Normal people just don't make mistakes of this magnitude and keep their jobs. We had enough money before the sale of Suarez to buy a replacement but yet our first priority was to go on a shopping spree on the South coast. Whilst there's time left to sign a striker, he'll have to be something special to walk in to a new team with no pre-season with them and immediately hit the ground running. If we do not sign a top striker before the window shuts then serious questions need to be asked of our transfer committee.

Quick Reply