Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 183120 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #460: Jan 01, 2016 08:21:57 pm
      The good points for him is the lads engine and his speed. He will run for you all day up and down the left. He is okay defensively a little rash but okay. Goibg forward, speed aside he's close to useless. He smashes in crosses that he must know himself are unlikely to lead to anything and in general just lacks composure. Because of the ground he covers he is a good player but on the ball he flatters to deceive.

Basically I go against the grain that he is better going forwards than defending. I think he likes to get forward but hes not actually effective at it at all.

Probably a fair assessment, but I will add 1 thing in his defense.....  I can recall at least a handful of times that he has picked out a player with a cross that should have been finished, but poor finishing has let us down.  He has created the most chances of any defender in the league and that includes the likes of Coleman, Baines, and Kolarov.  There is definitely room for improvement in his end product in the attacking third (whether it's a cross or a shot), but he does contribute a fair bit in my opinion. 
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #461: Jan 01, 2016 08:55:27 pm
      been performing solid as of late.

nothing spectacular but no lapses of concentration defensively
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #462: Jan 02, 2016 01:15:13 pm
      More 1 footed then Riise its ridiculous
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #463: Jan 02, 2016 02:43:57 pm
      Moreno needs to stop being such a drama queen every time he's touched. Pathetic.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #464: Jan 02, 2016 02:57:05 pm
      Edit: posted in wrong thread  :-[
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #465: Jan 02, 2016 04:54:58 pm
      I have given Benteke plenty of stick but the service he got from our full backs was........just sh*t........

Compare to the West Ham crosses for their goals, unfortunately both of our first choice full backs can't cross which sort of makes Benteke redundant.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #466: Jan 02, 2016 05:01:14 pm
      If the whistle doesn't f**king blow, get the f**k back up and sprint back into your position. No balls and all whiny wimpish crap and this moment was representative of the majority squad.

Pisstaker.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #467: Jan 03, 2016 10:11:01 pm
      Been saying to my mates when discussing this lad prior to the West Ham game  that he needed a slap across the chops for the way he arrogantly and selfishly prances up and down that wing, takes no accountability for his amateurish defensive positioning, and thinks he has the best left foot in world football. Consistently making the wrong decisions choosing to shoot when he should cut back or cross to the back post, I sincerely hope Jürgen tears him a new one for the way he cost us that first goal. Went down like a sack of sh*t and stayed on the ground whilst Antonio sprinted 50 yards to tackle him in the first instance then sprinted a further 85 yards to stick the ball in the net.

F***ing primadona and a representation of the soft spoilt shites that have poisoned our team the last 5-6 years I will be disappointed in Jürgen if he doesn't drop him and give Smith a crack at that position. F***ing Carragher would have absolutely bullocked him for that, disgraceful!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #468: Jan 23, 2016 03:04:12 pm
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #469: Jan 23, 2016 03:05:00 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #470: Jan 23, 2016 03:30:54 pm
      Still not convinced about Brad Smith's defensive capabilities....but can they be any worse than Moreno's?

Sit him down, he doesn't understand basic defending.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #471: Jan 23, 2016 03:55:07 pm
      Djimi Traoré with pace. He's awful and always has been.

First half he kept getting run through and couldn't handle their fullback (who was making his debut in the Premier League) who kept overlapping.

The one thing he has had whilst being sh*te is his ability to get a foot in and make a good tackle but what he was thinking sliding from behind in the box and then again when he got away with the first, i'll never know.

Brad Smith in. Even Flanno with one leg. Anyone is better than him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #472: Jan 23, 2016 03:58:12 pm
      Can't see Moreno keeping his place next season.

He's just not disciplined enough.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #473: Jan 23, 2016 04:12:18 pm
      How soon do we think Flano will come in for his place?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #474: Jan 23, 2016 05:19:11 pm
      Brainless performance.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #475: Jan 23, 2016 06:31:08 pm
      I said in the pre match thread to go with Smith and put Moreno further forward but then someone said go with Moreno at the back because he's better defensively and is our long term LB. Hate to say I told you so...
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #476: Jan 23, 2016 06:50:23 pm
      I think this lad is a bit off his f**king head. And maybe that's why Klopp loves him :)))

I think in time he'll turn out good for us, you'll see. The only positive thing about him is not matter how many mistakes he makes he still acts like nothing happened, you see it on the pitch, the lad is mental. I think he would be better used as a winger instead of a fullback.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #477: Jan 23, 2016 08:19:41 pm

Terrible as is his hairstyle, what the F**k was that? And giving away that penalty .....still can't believe his stupidity for that one.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #478: Jan 23, 2016 08:26:19 pm
      Terrible as is his hairstyle, what the f**k was that? And giving away that penalty .....still can't believe his stupidity for that one.

Agreed, was one of the worst challenge in terms of decision making I think I've ever seen in my life, wrong side, from behind without a hope in hell of winning the ball while inside the box.

Some things are forgivable for moment of madness, rush of blood but that level of stupidity really is beyond excusing. I like the lad, but some of his ideas on how to play/position/challenge are truly mindless and Smith should probably get the nod ahead of him moving forward.

He has plenty of talent Alberto but he doesn't apply in the correct fashion, he drifts in centrally far too much and believes he can recover when he can't. He certainly has some of the best pace in the team and when he turns on the afterburners there's probably not too many wingers who would ever trouble him in a foot race but when his general starting position is 5 yards the wrong side he needs to learn to use his head as well as his feet and that's the part of his body I think doesn't quite work too well.

Engage your brain Alberto, learn from your mistakes and you'll have a future.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #479: Jan 23, 2016 09:04:24 pm
      Agreed, was one of the worst challenge in terms of decision making I think I've ever seen in my life, wrong side, from behind without a hope in hell of winning the ball while inside the box.

Some things are forgivable for moment of madness, rush of blood but that level of stupidity really is beyond excusing. I like the lad, but some of his ideas on how to play/position/challenge are truly mindless and Smith should probably get the nod ahead of him moving forward.

He has plenty of talent Alberto but he doesn't apply in the correct fashion, he drifts in centrally far too much and believes he can recover when he can't. He certainly has some of the best pace in the team and when he turns on the afterburners there's probably not too many wingers who would ever trouble him in a foot race but when his general starting position is 5 yards the wrong side he needs to learn to use his head as well as his feet and that's the part of his body I think doesn't quite work too well.

Engage your brain Alberto, learn from your mistakes and you'll have a future.

Totally agree. There is a player worth working on there but today was a really bad day. Getting flashbacks of Glen Johnson being a F***ing useless defender and having an unstable defence for 6 years but unlike that guy, I think Moreno has the ability to engage his brain and become a better defender.

As you can see, the devil is in the detail. All the tackles made down the right hand side. We're very lucky to have Smith making surges and seeing Flanno return. He's going to have to turn it on is Alberto because he'll find himself behind one of those two in time.

Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #480: Jan 23, 2016 10:22:24 pm
      Oh come on, face it , he is a terrible football player.Incredibly one footed,(even mores so than Riise) ,utterly nervous on the ball because he realises how poor he is technically (is he much better than cissoko with the ball?) the reason he sometimes gets so much of the ball is because the opposition want him to have it. He's quick and he is a trier I'll give him that but he makes poor decisions, he isn't a natural defender, he doesn't prevent crosses. He's good for a decent cross every other game and that's about it. His best moments always come when he is cleaning up one of his own mistakes.

Smith and Flanagan are by far the better option and I can only hope today's display is the nail that sends him to third choice.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #481: Jan 23, 2016 10:44:28 pm
      Huge overreactions in this thread.

Decent little player Moreno. Only 23 as well. I'm sure he's learnt a lot from today's game.

Terrible footballer? Jesus...where's that knee jerk thread when you need it. You wouldn't guess we won today.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #482: Jan 23, 2016 10:52:07 pm
      Terrible as is his hairstyle, what the f**k was that? And giving away that penalty .....still can't believe his stupidity for that one.

he has started diving in trying to tackle by winning the ball with his heel. Its going to come back and haunt him doing that.oh and get the hair sorted out

Quick Reply