Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 181836 times
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #828: May 19, 2016 03:45:41 pm
      Can't defend, can't attack. Every time he gets in the final third he stops and passes sideways.

He looks F***ing thick as well. Like, proper F***ing thick.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #829: May 19, 2016 03:58:23 pm
      Nope I'm not, I'm fair and pragmatic and I don't think he is worse nor as bad as Dossena or Aly Cissokho, and I also don't think he is a good left back for a team that looks to break into the top 4.  Decent at best, horrible at worst. His plus points are his enthusiasm and work rate, but end product, decision making, passing, first touch and positioning are completely lacking the standard he needs to be a good player. Potential? Nah, never.

Few good games doesn't make him a good left back.

In that post, I can recognise that's a well thought out, balanced post. Just don't give me this balls about 3-4 good crosses all year or 3 good games because it's making him sound far worse than he is.

I'm all for well rationed thought but really don't like a false picture of our players being painted.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #830: May 19, 2016 04:03:18 pm
      No, I'm not telling you that its an OK return, I'm just saying that, the way you described him as being awful for 2 whole years is just wrong.

Nothing wrong to criticize him for last match, but atleast have the courtesy to admit that he has had a fair number of good games too.

Were those good games games where we won comfortably whilst still conceding a sloppy goal? He is by a long way the worst defender we have, but he is th eonly LB we have so Klopp has no choice but to play him, I expect that to change this transfer window.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #831: May 19, 2016 04:18:36 pm
      Braindead liability that just cannot be defended anymore.

Needs F***ing binning.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #832: May 19, 2016 04:23:41 pm
      No, I'm not telling you that its an OK return, I'm just saying that, the way you described him as being awful for 2 whole years is just wrong.

Nothing wrong to criticize him for last match, but atleast have the courtesy to admit that he has had a fair number of good games too.

F**k me, 22 months then. Sorry if I want somebody better than a braindead wimp playing left back for us.

How do you know I haven't 'admitted' when he's had a good game? Do you follow all of my posts? Those good games you mentioned are incredibly rare.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #833: May 19, 2016 04:37:44 pm
      Look not many players came out of last nights debacle with a lot of credit,but ,Morenos performance was
      Nothing short of abysmal, his defending is non existent,he is constantly drawn out of position into ludicrous places on the pitch which beggar belief.
      Tackling!!!!!F***ing hell he paps out of tackles all the time like a big girl and when he does attempt one it's laughable.
      I've always checked on the club we are buying a player from what the fans think on there forums and the fans were quite shocked that we would 1
      Pay what we did for Moreno.
      And 2 were not that arsed he was going .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #834: May 19, 2016 05:19:37 pm
      Not sure if posted, can't be arsed reading back.

It says it all.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #835: May 19, 2016 06:20:09 pm
      Not defending him here, but was he any worse as a defender last night, than Coutinho and Firmino were as attacking midfielders? Obviously it is more costly defender messes up, but the other lads didn't do their part, if was a team catastrophe IMO, a real group effort!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #836: May 19, 2016 06:39:39 pm
      F**k me, 22 months then. Sorry if I want somebody better than a braindead wimp playing left back for us.

How do you know I haven't 'admitted' when he's had a good game? Do you follow all of my posts? Those good games you mentioned are incredibly rare.
      See, i am refering to your previous post as to where you said he has been bullshit for 2 whole seasons. 

I get that you want to criticize him for last night. But the whole "Bullshit for 22 months" is way too over-exagerated.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #837: May 19, 2016 07:02:26 pm
      He said we got rolled over in the 2nd half by Sevilla. No sh*t, he was one of the main reasons why!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #838: May 19, 2016 07:12:17 pm
      Hyperbole much?

2 or 3 good games? You are all that is wrong with Liverpool fans. Ignorant to progress and quick to slam players.

Look Alberto had a shocker last night so ciritise him for that, perfectly fine. He's made quite a lot of defensive errors this season, deserves to be critisism for that too. But it's just not fair to ignore when he plays well and that's what people are doing.

Lately his forward runs have been better in terms of overlapping in particular. His crossing is fierce and fired into the right area, something he has clearly been told to do by Klopp. His defending has been getting better too, he's not lunging in as much.

Trust me, I've watched every game and kept a close eye on Moreno. I think he has potential to be very good indeed, howlers like last night don't help but neither does hanging him out to dry everytime he messes up.

I understand I may be the only one who thinks this but that wouldn't be the first time :laugh:

This is spot on. He had a very good start to the season and was 6 or 7 out of 10 for a few months. He then had a couple of months where he was regularly having poor games. The past couple of months though (since that training camp in Spain) he's been solid and much improved going forward.

Name me one good game he had? go look up posts in this thread this season and see how many poor games he had, especially at the start of January.

No he still doesn't know when to get forward and when to get back. He often carries the ball and makes a poor decision by either blasting it out wide or losing it when there was the option to pass. His crosses have been poor so far, I can't recall a good cross he made in the past 3 or 4 months.

He's been average, decent at best.

You really don't think he's had a single good game? :D That's really all that needs to be said. Not worth bothering persisting in a discussion with someone so blinkered.

He's been sh*te all season mate (last season too), that simply can't be ignored.

More hyperbolic nonsense.

I never ignore when a player plays well

Well, that's clearly untrue.

Trust you because you've kept a close eye on him? That's like saying nobody else has and you're the only one that's right.

You've literally just said you never ignore a player when he plays well. Should we trust you instead? Anyway, he's clearly not the only one that thinks that. Even if you don't want to count the praise he receives from certain posters on here, the likes of the Anfield Wrap and co. have praised him hugely since the training camp in Spain and they were praising him early in the season too.

What potential has he shown to be very good, honestly?

At his best, he's shown a significantly higher ceiling than Clyne. Obviously he needs to add consistency to his game and cut out the stupid moments like last night, but the discrediting in here is ridiculous.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #839: May 19, 2016 07:15:36 pm
      Just a bit of light humour
       'I want Alberto Moreno to lower my casket at my funeral so he can let me down one last time'.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #840: May 19, 2016 07:18:57 pm
      Just a bit of light humour
       'I want Alberto Moreno to lower my casket at my funeral so he can let me down one last time'.

:lmao:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #841: May 19, 2016 07:38:23 pm
      its interesting. going back afew pages people were saying that he was playing well, improving etc etc.

he has a bad day out (albeit in a final) and he's now the worst footballer in the history of liverpool fc.
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2016 07:53:05 pm by PastorGeek »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #842: May 19, 2016 08:12:54 pm
      This is spot on. He had a very good start to the season and was 6 or 7 out of 10 for a few months. He then had a couple of months where he was regularly having poor games. The past couple of months though (since that training camp in Spain) he's been solid and much improved going forward.

You really don't think he's had a single good game? :D That's really all that needs to be said. Not worth bothering persisting in a discussion with someone so blinkered.

More hyperbolic nonsense.

Well, that's clearly untrue.

You've literally just said you never ignore a player when he plays well. Should we trust you instead? Anyway, he's clearly not the only one that thinks that. Even if you don't want to count the praise he receives from certain posters on here, the likes of the Anfield Wrap and co. have praised him hugely since the training camp in Spain and they were praising him early in the season too.

At his best, he's shown a significantly higher ceiling than Clyne. Obviously he needs to add consistency to his game and cut out the stupid moments like last night, but the discrediting in here is ridiculous.

You usually talk a lot of sense mate but that last pharagraph "he's shown a significantly higher ceiling than Clyne"..........

I wouldn't accuse others of talking nonsense.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #843: May 19, 2016 08:28:24 pm
      You usually talk a lot of sense mate but that last pharagraph "he's shown a significantly higher ceiling than Clyne"..........

I wouldn't accuse others of talking nonsense.

Moreno at his best is a better full back than Clyne. At his best, Moreno has shown that he's good defensively, but he offers much more going forward than Clyne. Clyne is the better player because he's more consistent and rarely has dips, but when we beat Stoke 4-1, for instance, that was a better performance from Moreno than we've seen from Clyne all season. I'm not criticising Clyne, by the way, I think he's a good player and have no problems with him being our right back for the foreseeable future.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #844: May 19, 2016 08:31:51 pm

I'd sooner laugh at him in another team than be laughed at because he's in ours.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #845: May 19, 2016 08:57:00 pm
      Moreno at his best is a better full back than Clyne. At his best, Moreno has shown that he's good defensively, but he offers much more going forward than Clyne. Clyne is the better player because he's more consistent and rarely has dips, but when we beat Stoke 4-1, for instance, that was a better performance from Moreno than we've seen from Clyne all season. I'm not criticising Clyne, by the way, I think he's a good player and have no problems with him being our right back for the foreseeable future.

What exactly does Moreno offer going forward?

He can't cross the ball, his shots nearly always end up in the top stand and he certainly can't beat a player 1v1.
      Don't give me the chances created stats - his pass to Coutinho who then cuts inside firing a shot off, even I could manage that.

There is a reason why Clyne is a International regular and there is a reason why opposition managers target Moreno as a weak link.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016 09:20:28 pm by HScRed1 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #846: May 19, 2016 09:16:01 pm
      What exactly does Moreno offer going forward?

Sheer rapid pace, that lad can shift!

Will have to get back to you on anything else he offers though...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #847: May 19, 2016 09:16:06 pm
      Moreno at his best is a better full back than Clyne. At his best, Moreno has shown that he's good defensively, but he offers much more going forward than Clyne.

The F**k? :o
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #848: May 19, 2016 09:23:29 pm

Have to agree with you PM.

Moreno is a converted wing-back who has a few tricks and speed to burn. Clyne is a rock-solid defensive FB who has shown in the past 6 weeks (much as he played at SH) has the ability to boom forward and get the job done.

For me....if your going to be a FB you better damn sure be able to defend as that is your primary responsibility.

I don't think Moreno has half the game intelligence or savvy as Cline which to me is as important as blazing speed.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #849: May 19, 2016 09:34:01 pm

Come on dude that is utter nonsense. Every now and then Moreno puts in a decent cross, every once in a while he strikes a ball quite well. He's lightening quick and he is very good at legging it with the ball to the other end of the pitch on the counter where invariably he skies a horrible shot into the stands or if we're lucky he checks back and gives to someone who knows what they are doing with the ball. As an attacking player he is very predictable and incredibly one footed.

Forget ceilings and give me a full back who I can rely on, who gives a 7 out of 10 performance virtually every game as Clyne and his measly 5 page thread does. Clyne might be our most consistent player this season along with Lovren.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #850: May 20, 2016 06:33:42 am
      sh*t for brains.

No amount of speed can compensate for.

Awful defender who has cost us quite a lot this season.

Quick Reply