Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 178020 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,969 posts | 3053 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1472: Jan 09, 2018 07:11:54 pm
      Prefer Milner as cover to Robbo, let Moreno go, perhaps bid for Tierney?

I’m a stated fan of Tierney - he’s a player and a half in the making.

We wouldn’t get change out of £25m for Tierney. Celtic through and through and on a long term contract - their captain in absence of Scott Brown.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #1473: Jan 09, 2018 07:16:55 pm
      I’m a stated fan of Tierney - he’s a player and a half in the making.

We wouldn’t get change out of £25m for Tierney. Celtic through and through and on a long term contract - their captain in absence of Scott Brown.

Very exciting prospect, perhaps we should look at other Celtic players before saints ;D, cut out the middle man.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,370 posts | 1029 
      Reply #1474: Jan 09, 2018 09:36:44 pm
      Tierney is a cracking player. When Scotland play, Robbo is preferred on the left and Tierney switches to the right which could mean either Robbo is seen as first choice or Tierney is more dynamic. I think it’s the former as Tierney never seems to play as well out on the right.

I would say Robbo is the better player at the moment if I’m honest. Tierney still a bit raw but has all the potential in the world and could definitely be up there with the best of them. All in all I’d say he’s worth a punt but, as Scotia said, the boy has Celtic in his heart and the fans love him so would be difficult to pry away.

It really is typical that Scotland have 2 fantastic talents and they’re both left backs  :mad:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,969 posts | 3053 
      Reply #1475: Jan 09, 2018 09:44:40 pm
      Tierney is a cracking player. When Scotland play, Robbo is preferred on the left and Tierney switches to the right which could mean either Robbo is seen as first choice or Tierney is more dynamic. I think it’s the former as Tierney never seems to play as well out on the right.

I would say Robbo is the better player at the moment if I’m honest. Tierney still a bit raw but has all the potential in the world and could definitely be up there with the best of them. All in all I’d say he’s worth a punt but, as Scotia said, the boy has Celtic in his heart and the fans love him so would be difficult to pry away.

It really is typical that Scotland have 2 fantastic talents and they’re both left backs  :mad:

It’s like Danny McGrain and Sandy Jardine all over again mate :)

I think to be honest Tierney plays because he’s one of Scotland’s top 5 all round defenders........it’s just that at the moment the no.1 is another left back who plays in Liverpool red ;)
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #1476: Jan 25, 2018 10:21:08 pm
      I read an interview of Bertie on coming back from injury and working hard in training to reclaim the starting LB role.  He was full of praise for Robbo and talked about how well he's done since coming into the team, but said he was going to work his ass off in training to win back the starting role. 

Regardless of whether you rate Moreno or not, that is a great attitude and exactly the type of character we need in the side.  Huge contrast to our minge bag GK who moans and sulks when he gets dropped. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1477: Jan 26, 2018 09:34:19 am
      I read an interview of Bertie on coming back from injury and working hard in training to reclaim the starting LB role.  He was full of praise for Robbo and talked about how well he's done since coming into the team, but said he was going to work his ass off in training to win back the starting role. 

Regardless of whether you rate Moreno or not, that is a great attitude and exactly the type of character we need in the side.  Huge contrast to our minge bag GK who moans and sulks when he gets dropped. 

I agree that is the kind of character we need in the team plus its fantastic to have competition for places.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1478: Jan 27, 2018 10:43:54 pm
      I don't think Robbo will be losing sleep after viewing that performance by Moreno.

For me he just exudes panic and chaos and he showed that again tonight. Piss poor.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,969 posts | 3053 
      Reply #1479: Jan 27, 2018 10:49:22 pm
      I don't think Robbo will be losing sleep after viewing that performance by Moreno.

For me he just exudes panic and chaos and he showed that again tonight. Piss poor.

You know well enough my preference FMS......but in the interests of fairness I’d almost give Bertie a pass (awful as he was) based on rustiness........if it wasn’t for the fact that it was the same errors that are always in his game we saw all night.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,155 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1480: Jan 27, 2018 11:15:45 pm
      See ya Moreno, we hardly knew thee.....
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1481: Jan 28, 2018 12:50:07 am
      Moreno was not the full back problem in that game in my eyes. Thought he was ok at best mind you but TAA was garbage
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1482: Jan 28, 2018 11:10:44 am
      Remember when this fella was supposedly "like a new signing" just because he did not F**k up for like 5 games straight?

Oh god. Moreno is not good enough, there are no two ways about it, about time he's shown the door. He's not even useful as Coutinho's best mate anymore.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #1483: Jan 28, 2018 11:27:08 am
      Return of the headless chicken, too much ball watching and slow reactions, time to get rid.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1484: Jan 28, 2018 10:27:43 pm
      First game back after a few months out. Looked rusty.

Not at fault for any goals, but hey the usual suspects will always have the knives ready when we lose to blame it all on Moreno.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,155 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1485: Jan 29, 2018 02:47:10 pm
      First game back after a few months out. Looked rusty.

Not at fault for any goals, but hey the usual suspects will always have the knives ready when we lose to blame it all on Moreno.

When they scored that last goal he was 20 yards away. He literally just stood there. Stats may say the cat ain’t bad, but in game situations tell a completely different story. He isn’t good mate. He has no interest it doing anything other getting forward. Outside of giving Robbo a rest every few months I see no use in him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1663 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1486: Apr 07, 2018 09:55:21 am
      Would be really surprised if Alberto doesn't start today.
      Given came on as a sub in the 1st leg.
      Gives us a bit of extra pace, tho hopefully won't do anything mad at the back..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,686 posts | 3707 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1487: Apr 07, 2018 03:14:14 pm
      Would be really surprised if Alberto doesn't start today.
      Given came on as a sub in the 1st leg.
      Gives us a bit of extra pace, tho hopefully won't do anything mad at the back..

He did not, it is a little awkward because before his injury he was having a good season apart from Seville match.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,969 posts | 3053 
      Reply #1488: Apr 07, 2018 05:22:42 pm
      I think the decision was to give big Ragnar game time given the City game.........
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,175 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1489: Apr 18, 2018 11:11:29 pm
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #1490: Apr 21, 2018 02:29:01 pm
      Can we give him away.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1491: Apr 21, 2018 02:35:17 pm
      We've never had a good defence when he's played in it. He spreads fear and calamity across the team, a bad influence to go with his utterly loathsome qualities.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,175 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1492: Apr 21, 2018 02:37:07 pm
      Get rid it’s no coincidence the defence goes to pot when ever he starts.
      Made Phillips look like Garrincha.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,739 posts | 6716 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1493: Apr 21, 2018 02:37:48 pm
      Calamity
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1494: Apr 21, 2018 02:38:06 pm

We should pay whoever stupid enough to get him. Hopefully this is the last time we see him in a red shirt.

Quick Reply