Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

What 'qualifies' a person as a 'fan' or 'supporter' of Liverpool FC?

Read 19354 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: What 'qualifies' a person as a 'fan' or 'supporter' of Liverpool FC?
      Reply #92: Sep 16, 2014 02:52:06 pm
      Don't give them the time of day Reddebs

If they're pissing everyone off after just hitting double figures on a post count, their intentions are pretty clear to me.

They're obviously immature and just wanting to invoke a response from true red supporters :D

They'll soon move on

I've said my piece now mate, let the Mods do the rest.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #93: Sep 16, 2014 02:53:14 pm
      So you don't think it's a fantastic club or you don't feel the need to say it is?

Personally I love telling anyone who'll listen what an amazing club I support, I'm a proud Red but I'd only expect opposition fans to take issue or ridicule that support, not one of our own.

Anyway, there's a Reds match to watch and proper Reds to discuss it with.

I'm just a fella who watches my local team so I suppose I don't need to try and impress anyone who'll listen.You must have missed where loads of fans get stick and they always have especially try too hards
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #94: Sep 16, 2014 02:55:54 pm
      Probably a Manc who has registered to piss every one off.

Old Swan meself. How about you?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #95: Sep 16, 2014 02:58:55 pm
      Makes some sense now, he's a local who wants to save the club from all those pesky oot'rs  :roll:
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #96: Sep 16, 2014 03:03:36 pm
      Makes some sense now, he's a local who wants to save the club from all those pesky oot'rs  :roll:

Some of us have to try before it's too late. You and the rest of the true reds on here keep showing off and throwing the insults out 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #97: Sep 16, 2014 03:05:26 pm
      Old Swan meself. How about you?

Oh right a Manc living on Merseyside fair enough explains a lot of your bitterness towards LFC.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #98: Sep 16, 2014 03:06:39 pm
      I'm just a fella who watches my local team so I suppose I don't need to try and impress anyone who'll listen

Blatant.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #99: Sep 16, 2014 03:08:08 pm
      Oh right a Manc living on Merseyside fair enough explains a lot of your bitterness towards LFC.

We both know that's not the case. I did notice that you threw the accusation out but were a bit shy about where you're from. You brought the subject up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #100: Sep 16, 2014 03:10:59 pm

We both know that's not the case. I did notice that you threw the accusation out but were a bit shy about where you're from. You brought the subject up.

Nothing to hide I live in Birmingham.

Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #101: Sep 16, 2014 03:20:10 pm
      Nothing to hide I live in Birmingham.

Villa and Birmingham not reach your standards?Or are you from somewhere else?I thought you were going to quiz me about the Swan ha.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #102: Sep 16, 2014 03:26:49 pm
      To be honest, it used to slightly bother me when supporters from Liverpool (I assume) would tell me I'm not a true Red. Granted it wasn't many, and most are just like everyone else; they just want the club to do well and win things. I'd also never encountered anyone telling me how good or bad a supporter I was until the internet.

Then I realised the emotions I went through when we won lost or drew and it dawned on me that the miles away from the stadium or another person's opinion quite simply meant nothing at all when emotions were that strong. Does life long LFC supporter Mr Evans living a mere 100' away from the club somehow have a stronger bond to the club than life long LFC supporter Mr Davies living 150' away?

I have a bond with Liverpool FC that's very real and it's not something you I or anyone else can quantify. Ok, so I don't live in Liverpool but that's not my fault and I make no apologies for it. I simply love the club, have done for nearly 40 years, and here's hoping for another 40.

YNWA
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #103: Sep 16, 2014 03:38:33 pm
      To be honest, it used to slightly bother me when supporters from Liverpool (I assume) would tell me I'm not a true Red. Granted it wasn't many, and most are just like everyone else; they just want the club to do well and win things. I'd also never encountered anyone telling me how good or bad a supporter I was until the internet.

Then I realised the emotions I went through when we won lost or drew and it dawned on me that the miles away from the stadium or another person's opinion quite simply meant nothing at all when emotions were that strong. Does life long LFC supporter Mr Evans living a mere 100' away from the club somehow have a stronger bond to the club than life long LFC supporter Mr Davies living 150' away?

I have a bond with Liverpool FC that's very real and it's not something you I or anyone else can quantify. Ok, so I don't live in Liverpool but that's not my fault and I make no apologies for it. I simply love the club, have done for nearly 40 years, and here's hoping for another 40.

YNWA

It's a free world lad do what you want but why do you expect other people to praise you cos you've picked a random team to follow?We're famous so plenty of people proclaim luuurve for the team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #104: Sep 16, 2014 03:46:53 pm
      Villa and Birmingham not reach your standards?Or are you from somewhere else?I thought you were going to quiz me about the Swan ha.

Maybe you should ask the same question to the 100,000 aussies who turned out to watch the mighty redmen on tour last year!
      Me myself I have only ever followed LFC through good and bad.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #105: Sep 16, 2014 04:00:41 pm
      Maybe you should ask the same question to the 100,000 aussies who turned out to watch the mighty redmen on tour last year!
      Me myself I have only ever followed LFC through good and bad.

But they're not local mate so they don't count. 

Good job the club don't think like that or we'd be playing in the Northern Prem/Conference league without all the worldwide income those pesky oot'rs bring in.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      Reply #106: Sep 16, 2014 04:02:29 pm
      It's a free world lad do what you want but why do you expect other people to praise you cos you've picked a random team to follow?We're famous so plenty of people proclaim luuurve for the team.
      At what point did I ask folk to praise me? I merely replied to this here thread's topic "What 'qualifies' a person as a 'fan' or 'supporter' of Liverpool FC?"

I don't care what others think about me or my support and I certainly don't expect praise from others because I support Liverpool FC. That's a really strange thing to say
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #107: Sep 16, 2014 04:15:37 pm

Good job the club don't think like that or we'd be playing in the Northern Prem/Conference league without all the worldwide income those pesky oot'rs bring in.

Funny that we won everything before the web and a load of people latching onto the club from overseas because of the telly. We've won less with all the gegs than before them. Just because the top line in accounts is worth more doesn't mean that the club is better or wins more trophies.

The Australians at some means nothing friendly are nothing to me but if it makes you feel important goead
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #108: Sep 16, 2014 05:38:52 pm
      Funny that we won everything before the web and a load of people latching onto the club from overseas because of the telly. We've won less with all the gegs than before them. Just because the top line in accounts is worth more doesn't mean that the club is better or wins more trophies.

The Australians at some means nothing friendly are nothing to me but if it makes you feel important goead

Not going to bother replying to any more of your moronic posts all I'm going to say is thank god all the scousers I know or have met are not imbeciles like you (a big assumption on my part still that you haven't just registered from Redcafe to act like a c**t).

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #109: Sep 17, 2014 08:52:00 am
      Quote from reddebs

We're a club these days with foreign defenders, midfielders, forwards, goalkeeper, coach, owners, fans. We look to sign more foreigners in the transfer market every year, and constantly want to play and succeed in Europe.

So what is "local" about the club these days?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      Reply #110: Sep 17, 2014 08:56:15 am
      We're a club these days with foreign defenders, midfielders, forwards, goalkeeper, coach, owners, fans. We look to sign more foreigners in the transfer market every year, and constantly want to play and succeed in Europe.

Not much; and in this global village, it's not even the support these days

It's a privilege to be able to sit inside Anfield not a right
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #111: Sep 17, 2014 09:28:30 am

YNWA

Nice post mate
      I 'm not even British , I am Maltese , living in Malta, with that I don't think I won't qualify to be a Fan /supporter of LIVERPOOL FC
       I feel bad for 2 days when we lose a game and I am over the moon when my favourite Club wins, even to a non league club ,let alone against the mancs and co.  Can't imagine LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB being supported by the red part of Liverpool ONLY,  Its too BIG a club for only that, why do all the big clubs including LFC have world wide supporters clubs all over the world including here in Malta,
       I visited Anfield only ONCE(planning to revisit in dec/January and looking forward to that)
        I Am PROUD of Following-supporting -feel for LIVERPOOL FC

YNWA
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #112: Sep 17, 2014 09:39:34 am
      Not going to bother replying to any more of your moronic posts all I'm going to say is thank god all the scousers I know or have met are not imbeciles like you (a big assumption on my part still that you haven't just registered from Redcafe to act like a c**t).

Here's a Birmingham(?) fella prattling on about Australians and Mancs from some forum. Mix in sulking like a big tart you're a good example of today's support. I reckon there's plenty of people think along similar lines to me in the city but if it makes you feel better tell yourself it's only me.
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #113: Sep 17, 2014 09:45:00 am

There's nothing local so the club may as well up sticks to Milton Keyes    It should make it easier for the LFCFAMILY and that's what really counts.Even the Liverpool in the name is like an insult to our fantastic followers
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #114: Sep 17, 2014 09:56:15 am

Here's a Birmingham(?) fella prattling on about Australians and Mancs from some forum. Mix in sulking like a big tart you're a good example of today's support. I reckon there's plenty of people think along similar lines to me in the city but if it makes you feel better tell yourself it's only me.

Well there are wankers in every city but at least you guys seem to stay well hidden.

I'm from Perth, and despite being relatively young am still older than my "local team" and me dads scouse. F**k geography I was born a red, live as a red and I'll sure as hell die a red and no internet troll can ever tell me otherwise.

Quick Reply