Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Brighton) loan

Read 1731 times
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 991 posts | 71 
      Joao Carlos Teixeira (Brighton) loan
      Aug 15, 2014 06:12:36 pm
      Been confirmed then that he's off to join Sami's brigade down at Brighton.

Good luck to him and hope he'll get plenty of playing time to showcase his skills.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Brighton) loan
      Reply #1: Aug 15, 2014 07:54:55 pm
      Been confirmed then that he's off to join Sami's brigade down at Brighton.

Good luck to him and hope he'll get plenty of playing time to showcase his skills.

Going to be living in brighton again after September because of being at sussex uni and the house is five minutes away from the staduim, might have to keep an eye on the lad.

Great move.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #2: Aug 15, 2014 08:45:33 pm
      Happy to see players going on loan to Brighton, but I don't really see too much hope for Teixeira. He's 21, and not really shown too much*. Hope he can prove me wrong by laying waste to all in his path at Brighton  :)

*He wasn't bad when he came on at Fulham, but doesn't show he is a class above whenever I watch the U21s - which a 21 year old should be doing if he wants to make it.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,939 posts | 285 
      Reply #3: Aug 15, 2014 09:00:10 pm
      Good luck Joao. Hes a great prospect, hope he does well at Brighton. Brighton are an entertaining team to watch with the right mentality, a similar style of play to our own.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4: Aug 16, 2014 04:47:36 am
      So with him gone, Ilori going on loan, and Lucas seemingly out the door it means Coutinho won't have anyone in the squad to speak Portuguese with anymore.   :'(
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2014 05:07:25 am by federer »
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #5: Aug 16, 2014 04:52:08 am
      ^^^ We'll get him a Brazilian whore so!

Don't think too hard mate, you're head will explode.   

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #6: Aug 16, 2014 05:47:30 am
      Happy to see players going on loan to Brighton, but I don't really see too much hope for Teixeira. He's 21, and not really shown too much*. Hope he can prove me wrong by laying waste to all in his path at Brighton  :)

*He wasn't bad when he came on at Fulham, but doesn't show he is a class above whenever I watch the U21s - which a 21 year old should be doing if he wants to make it.

Every time I've seen him play for the under 21s he's been the outstanding player, controlling the whole of midfield, players constantly look for him for leadership and movement. So, I don't get where you're coming from with that statement.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #7: Aug 16, 2014 07:37:02 am
      Every time I've seen him play for the under 21s he's been the outstanding player, controlling the whole of midfield, players constantly look for him for leadership and movement. So, I don't get where you're coming from with that statement.

I watch about 90% of their games. Would strongly disagree. He has been typically one of the better players on the pitch, but you need to show much more when you are the oldest there. Definitely no indication he could take the step up yet.
      The championship will give him the opportunity to prove me wrong, but I'll be surprised if he makes it here.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #8: Aug 16, 2014 07:40:17 am
      Sterling showed he could make it, by being a class above everyone else whenever he was on the pitch - Ibe and Suso also did. Even Luis Alberto got a hat-trick for his first and only u21 game.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #9: Aug 23, 2014 06:46:42 pm

A bit harsh saying that. :o

How's he doing so far then? :f_tongueincheek:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #10: Aug 24, 2014 12:10:32 am
      A bit harsh saying that. :o

How's he doing so far then? :f_tongueincheek:

Yeah he's been sh*te  :f_tongueincheek:

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #11: Aug 24, 2014 07:40:31 am
      He scored the winner for Sami and Brighton against Bolton
       Hyppia is playing him behind the striker (in the hole)

Highlights >> with a great personal goal from our Joao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETKkUlS4IBA

YNWA

Quick Reply