Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 224253 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1518: Jul 31, 2015 10:59:17 am
      Disappointed in that kind of behaviour from the club and the manager to be honest
      Aye, indeed but then again; as you said earlier, in your post....

Unless he done something that were not privy to
      Maybe he has 'done something'; 'something' we'd all be angry at if we knew - when in doubt; it's probably wiser to say nothing.  8)

Hell... for all we know Mario's only doing it so that he can finally master how to put a bib on.  :dunce2:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1519: Jul 31, 2015 11:02:20 am
      Aye, indeed but then again; as you said earlier, in your post....
      Maybe he has 'done something'; 'something' we'd all be angry at if we knew - when in doubt; it's probably wiser to say nothing.  8)

The chances of Mr Balotelli doing something he shouldnt have and the press not getting word? The man only has to fart in public and its news.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1520: Jul 31, 2015 11:04:35 am
      I will say if Balotelli is being frozen out because he won't agree to leave shouldn't Borini have been frozen out last Summer when he wouldn't sign for Sunderland?

Where is the consistency?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1521: Jul 31, 2015 11:10:08 am
      The chances of Mr Balotelli doing something he shouldnt have and the press not getting word? The man only has to fart in public and its news.
      So you're now saying that he couldn't have done something we're not privy to? Fair enough.  8)

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1522: Jul 31, 2015 11:13:54 am
      I have a life, rest assured. On my coffee break, among other things, i have a look around the forum.

I forgot,  that in your opinion, God Brendan is always right.

Opinion has very little in association with the manner in which Balotelli has repaid the faith the manager showed in the player.
      The fact of the matter is Mario has shown nothing to justify such faith and shows no sign of improving.
      In damning the manager it follows that you also condemn the supporters who also showed the player support and it now appears misplaced charity for his none performance over the season.

As is your way you choose to stick to your affected convictions and make personal comment to anyone who questions the aforesaid horseshit.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1523: Jul 31, 2015 11:16:22 am

this.

Sorry missed original reply. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1524: Jul 31, 2015 11:19:11 am
      Again no issue with them not being in the plans but why banish them from training with there team mates? There still contracted Liverpool players who as far as were aware have broke no rules so why ban them from training with the team? Not impressed with that way of operating at all from the club there 

Banished is what the papers call it.

Being left out of the tour squad and 1st team setups is what has happened cos they are not gonna play for the 1s tteam again by the looks of it.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1525: Jul 31, 2015 11:20:00 am
      this.

Sorry missed original reply. ;D

It is unfortunate that Enrique is in that position through no fault of his own.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1526: Jul 31, 2015 11:22:04 am
      I will say if Balotelli is being frozen out because he won't agree to leave shouldn't Borini have been frozen out last Summer when he wouldn't sign for Sunderland?

Where is the consistency?

Quit you with all that logic already. 'Brendan' didn't freeze Borini out and he's a c**t: 'Brendan' does freeze Balotelli out and... guess what... he's a c**t. You couldn't make this sh*t up. If I didn't know any better I'd swear some 'supporters' have it in for Brendan. :lmao:

Banished is what the papers call it.

Being left out of the tour squad and 1st team setups is what has happened cos they are not gonna play for the 1s tteam again by the looks of it.

Again with the intelligent take on things mate; will you quit - you're melting some heads here.  :laugh:

Still now that it has come out that Enrique and Borini have too been 'frozen out' it might soften the blow; eh?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,357 posts | 4969 
      Reply #1527: Jul 31, 2015 11:26:15 am
      This will blow up in Brendan's face, disgraceful treatment of a player, just shows his man-managing abilities, hope Balo stands his ground.

You think Brendan is the only manager ever to do this?

Shanks ignored players who were injured.

I think if these players are clearly not in Brendan's plandy then hr is right to leave them behind and let them no, in no uncertain terms, they have no part to play here and find a move.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1528: Jul 31, 2015 11:42:39 am
      You think Brendan is the only manager ever to do this?

Shanks ignored players who were injured.

I think if these players are clearly not in Brendan's plandy then hr is right to leave them behind and let them no, in no uncertain terms, they have no part to play here and find a move.

In spite of a transfer committee in situ and other factors affecting signings some people persist in putting the blame entirely on BR's shoulders, alternative agendas spring to mind with the obvious culprits.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1529: Jul 31, 2015 11:44:59 am
      Edit, misread
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1530: Jul 31, 2015 11:48:01 am

Edit: yeah I know. No harm done.  :angel:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,357 posts | 4969 
      Reply #1531: Jul 31, 2015 11:49:29 am
      In spite of a transfer committee in situ and other factors affecting signings some people persist in putting the blame entirely on BR's shoulders, alternative agendas spring to mind with the obvious culprits.

Not sure what your getting at mate?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1532: Jul 31, 2015 11:53:28 am
      I'm assuming English isn't your first language fella [call it an educated guess] - let's just say, you should read what was actually written and leave it at that.  ;)

English is, I just misread. Apologies :)

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1533: Jul 31, 2015 11:53:59 am
      Again no issue with them not being in the plans but why banish them from training with there team mates? There still contracted Liverpool players who as far as were aware have broke no rules so why ban them from training with the team? Not impressed with that way of operating at all from the club there 

If Balotelli is a waste of space on match day mate as I said earlier, the situation will be the same in training.
      That's BR's job - to monitor every aspect of play and the performance levels therein, be it a kick-around at Melwood or match day or a Prem game, better to see the weakness and take it out at the earliest opportunity.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1534: Jul 31, 2015 12:02:14 pm
      Not sure what your getting at mate?

There are some Si who ooze negativity and chip away remorselessly, instead of stating the obvious vis a vis Balotelli, they lay all the blame on the manager irrespective of all the affecting factors.
      None of the above interprets as support for the manager or the club.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,438 posts | 6429 
      Reply #1535: Jul 31, 2015 12:14:47 pm
      Maybe Balotelli is a locker room distraction that Brendan doesn't want right now whilst trying to get the team ready for the task at hand. We don't know what he's been like behind closed doors. I mean it's not like there's any history of Balotelli ever being a distraction when he's not got on with his manager right? ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1536: Jul 31, 2015 12:23:06 pm
      Maybe Balotelli is a locker room distraction that Brendan doesn't want right now whilst trying to get the team ready for the task at hand. We don't know what he's been like behind closed doors. I mean it's not like there's any history of Balotelli ever being a distraction when he's not got on with his manager right? ;)

Mario's lack of contribution is distraction enough for the manager, how much of a task could it have been to get the goal-scoring contingent clicking with Studge injured, Sterling as good as gone and Mario loitering without intent?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1537: Jul 31, 2015 12:23:21 pm

He's not in our plans; he's not part of our future; he's training with other players who fit that bill FL. As much as the angry mob would like there to be - there's no mystery and nothing for any 'supporter' of Liverpool F.C. to be upset at.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,357 posts | 4969 
      Reply #1538: Jul 31, 2015 12:31:38 pm
      He's not in our plans; he's not part of our future; he's training with other players who fit that bill FL. As much as the angry mob would like there to be - there's no mystery and nothing for any 'supporter' of Liverpool F.C. to be upset at.

Indeed.

Whether you rate him or not he's clearly not part of anything moving forward.

For me its a positive move from the boss.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1539: Jul 31, 2015 12:52:59 pm
      Well Im a Liverpool "supporter" Im not part of an "angry mob" and Ive been one of the staunch pro Rodgers but Id question the logic of all this.

All 3 are Liverpool players until they sign for someone else or the contract they signed expires. Someone mentioned Shanks not talking to players if they were injured, great Shanks story, maybe its been over exaggerated by some over time but not talking to a player and barring them from training with the squad are 2 completely different things. Your practically shunning 3 of your employees for no other reason then you no longer want them.

What if those 3 or 2 of the 3 or 1 of the 3 are very popular amongst the squad? What effect might it have on morale?

And last question on it, if all they've done is not be wanted why was a little wa*ker who openly for months told everyone he wanted out, he'd never play for Liverpool again etc he could train with the squad (when he got over his illness) and was due to go on tour up to the moment he was sold. If anyone should have been kept away from the squad it was ratboy       
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1540: Jul 31, 2015 12:54:45 pm
      Its just practical, why shld the club spend money on flights etc taking those 3 to finland, when they are not in all probability going to playing again for LFC.

Lambert has stayed as well, while he takes his medical at west brom, chances are any 1 of the 3 players could agree a deal tmrw and need to fly somewhere for a medical.

All very practical reasons for staying at melwood.

Quick Reply