Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 224341 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1840: Aug 27, 2015 07:11:40 pm
      Yeah. I agree - he does have it all in terms of talent, but unfortunately not attitude. Looks like he is not going to become the player he could have been.

Hopefully he does pull himself together at Milan though. Its not beyond him to bang in 20+ goals and suddenly be worth a bob or 2 again, even if it seems unlikely.
      I hope we havent agreed some silly buyout fee with Milan where they can have him for peanuts if they want him. Cos it would be annoying to get mugged by them twice.

At present I suspect he isn't worth a penny. It would be an unexpected bonus if we were to get anything at all for the lad IMHO. If he doesn't have a good season at Milan he will simply be out on loan every season until his contract runs down.

Possibly just sh*t thick mate.

Yep! I think that is probably the answer mate
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,066 posts | 548 
      Reply #1841: Aug 27, 2015 07:43:34 pm
      At present I suspect he isn't worth a penny. It would be an unexpected bonus if we were to get anything at all for the lad IMHO. If he doesn't have a good season at Milan he will simply be out on loan every season until his contract runs down.

He's not worth much at the moment certainly.

But it would piss me right off if he suddenly started tearing it up, and we had to sell him to Milan for buttons.
      Not saying its likely. But its not impossible, and just as a matter of principle I wouldnt be leaving that scenario even remotely open
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #1842: Aug 27, 2015 07:56:22 pm
      Why didn't any of these stories come out last year?

Because they are made up. They are comical.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #1843: Aug 27, 2015 07:58:53 pm
      Missed a chance to have a quality player here. Shame that the management decided to prevent Mario from playing, but hey-ho..

The only thing I dislike with Rodgers is how he refuses to let certain players play - just because of a personal grudge. There's still quality in this lad.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1844: Aug 27, 2015 08:04:05 pm

:roll:

Missed a chance to have a quality player here. Shame that the management decided to prevent Mario from playing, but hey-ho..

The only thing I dislike with Rodgers is how he refuses to let certain players play - just because of a personal grudge. There's still quality in this lad.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1845: Aug 27, 2015 08:31:54 pm

Yeah who would believe any of that about a man who has set fireworks in his bathroom and is well known to be a sh*t professional? :roll:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1846: Aug 27, 2015 08:50:27 pm

I want some of  what you're smoking.

DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #1847: Aug 27, 2015 09:28:15 pm

Sure, if you want a reality check.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1848: Aug 27, 2015 09:38:21 pm

Typical Stuey, you got your own stash and you're still trying to smoke other peoples gear.  ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1849: Aug 27, 2015 10:00:06 pm
      Typical Stuey, you got your own stash and you're still trying to smoke other peoples gear.  ;)

Haha the grass is always greener when somebody else pays for it.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #1850: Aug 27, 2015 11:10:48 pm

Good one! Yer Not getting a bite from me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1851: Aug 27, 2015 11:28:58 pm
      Im a bit confused by the loan move, when we signed him from Milan they were saying how they were glad he is gone and they are stronger without him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1852: Aug 28, 2015 12:15:16 am

What is it with you and sh*te players who give sh*te efforts? First it was Moses now it's Balotelli! Is your dream job defending the accused in court?!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #1853: Aug 28, 2015 12:16:20 am
      I get it from the club's standpoint, but James Pearce doesn't work for the club. If he had these stories all along, I'm surprised he didn't report them sooner.

The club and the Echo have a bit of deal going were they print the likes of the club programmes, several club books etc etc and the club allow Pearce and the Echo quite a lot of access to Melwood and also to stories before they hit the tabloids.

Pearce has basically been fed these stories about Balotelli by the club, probably in the last couple of weeks/days knowing we were getting shut.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #1854: Aug 28, 2015 02:35:03 am
      i just want to see us as a club stop making stupid transfer decisions so our fans stop acting so stupid towards the players when they don't perform.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1855: Aug 28, 2015 06:15:45 am
      Imagine the reactions here when he'll score over 20 goals this season.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1856: Aug 28, 2015 07:22:20 am
      Imagine the reactions here when he'll score over 20 goals this season.
      If that happens i could not care less,he showed no wish for succes in Liverpool so i really dont give a F**k what he does in other club.Whenever i saw him on the pitch when he played for Liverpool he looked like he was forced to play for us so i am happy see him leave and i hope he does not return.If he gets to be Serie A top scorer than good for him...
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1857: Aug 30, 2015 11:13:28 am
      Galliani: Balotelli first to training and last to leave

The Milan CEO believes the 25-year-old has matured after praising his attitude in his first week since returning the club

Milan CEO Adriano Galliani says Mario Balotelli has been the first person to arrive for training and the last to leave since rejoining the club.

Balotelli completed a loan move to San Siro last week, a year since leaving for a disastrous 12-month spell with Liverpool.

This week the 25-year-old said the time has come for him to grow up, and Galliani revealed Balotelli has shown encouraging signs of maturity in his first few days back in Milan.

“Balotelli turns up on time and is even early. He opens the gates of the Milanello [training ground],” Galliani told Gazzetta Dello Sport.

“He is the first to arrive and the last to leave. I'm thinking about giving him the keys.”

Balotelli hit 26 goals in 43 league appearances in his first spell with Milan following a 2013 switch from Manchester City.

Galliani went on to reveal that a deal to bring the Italy international had not initially been part of the club’s summer plans and also warned the Italy international this could be his last chance.

“The Balotelli issue was dreamed up and finalised all in one day. We didn’t plan for this,” Galliani continued.

“It depends on him now. He is a great player, but it depends on where his mind is. He seems to be matured, aware this is his last chance.”
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1858: Aug 30, 2015 11:18:42 am
      Galliani: Balotelli first to training and last to leave

The Milan CEO believes the 25-year-old has matured after praising his attitude in his first week since returning the club

Milan CEO Adriano Galliani says Mario Balotelli has been the first person to arrive for training and the last to leave since rejoining the club.

Balotelli completed a loan move to San Siro last week, a year since leaving for a disastrous 12-month spell with Liverpool.

This week the 25-year-old said the time has come for him to grow up, and Galliani revealed Balotelli has shown encouraging signs of maturity in his first few days back in Milan.

“Balotelli turns up on time and is even early. He opens the gates of the Milanello [training ground],” Galliani told Gazzetta Dello Sport.

“He is the first to arrive and the last to leave. I'm thinking about giving him the keys.”

Balotelli hit 26 goals in 43 league appearances in his first spell with Milan following a 2013 switch from Manchester City.

Galliani went on to reveal that a deal to bring the Italy international had not initially been part of the club’s summer plans and also warned the Italy international this could be his last chance.

“The Balotelli issue was dreamed up and finalised all in one day. We didn’t plan for this,” Galliani continued.

“It depends on him now. He is a great player, but it depends on where his mind is. He seems to be matured, aware this is his last chance.”

Not sure what your point is George, he was poor for us, the fact that he turns up early for training with Milan doesn't change that.
      I hope he is a success at Milan for the simple reason that he transfer value could increase, other than that I'm not really interested in what happens to him, he'll always go down as a mistake by Liverpool.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1859: Aug 30, 2015 11:34:15 am
      he'll always go down as a mistake by Liverpool.

Maybe not, he may go onto have an excellent season at Milan, there is no fee agreed for Milan to buy Balotelli.

During the period we may see Rodgers sacked and a new manager come in who has been encouraged by Balotelli's season at Milan.

There's a lot of variables at play and an awful lot can happen in a year.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #1860: Aug 30, 2015 04:15:54 pm
      Maybe not, he may go onto have an excellent season at Milan, there is no fee agreed for Milan to buy Balotelli.

During the period we may see Rodgers sacked and a new manager come in who has been encouraged by Balotelli's season at Milan.

There's a lot of variables at play and an awful lot can happen in a year.

Safe to say I don't think Mario will be back at Melwood any time soon.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1861: Aug 30, 2015 04:49:39 pm
      Safe to say I don't think Mario will be back at Melwood any time soon.

I think he'll be back the moment his loan ends at Milan, call me a cynic, but I can't see those pesky Italians stumping up any cash especially when no fee has been agreed on the completion of his loan. :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #1862: Aug 30, 2015 04:52:30 pm

I think he'll be back the moment his loan ends at Milan, call me a cynic, but I can't see those pesky Italians stumping up any cash especially when no fee has been agreed on the completion of his loan. :D

Nah, he won't even come back to Melwood, he'll be immediately binned off elsewhere on loan unless someone else wants to buy.

Quick Reply