Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 222156 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #2047: Jul 04, 2016 09:08:37 am
      There is a player in him somewhere. I've never seen this superstar prospect people used to go on about when it comes to Balotelli, but his first touch is beautiful and when he wants to he has a rocket of a shot on him too.

He has come out and said the right things. I won't take the mickey out of him for wanting to win ballon d'or, I'm glad he is ambitious and wants to win the f**ker, every single player in our squad should want to win it too.

If he is prepared to work hard, be patient and wait for his chance then I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him another try. You just never know, Klopp might get the best out of him. Some players/managers like working with certain people. You just never know.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2048: Jul 04, 2016 10:03:22 am
      He's gonna become another Salif Diao. Hovering around the club whilst the other players whisper to each other asking who this guy is and why does he keep turning up to training until he eventually leaves in 2020
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #2049: Jul 04, 2016 01:48:33 pm
      I think every red has a right to be pissed off with Mario and to not want him represent our club in any way.

But before anybody writes him off completely, just remember how Joe Allens performances improved since Jurgens arrival. So I'm keeping an open mind on this one.

If he goes then fair enough I won't lose any sleep. But I won't be horrified to see him on the bench next season either.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #2050: Jul 04, 2016 02:56:07 pm
      I wouldn't call him a leech. It's not like he's any choice in the matter about being here. No one else will take him. If you want to blame someone then blame the TC who should never have bought him. Worst singing in our history bar none.

El Hadj Diouf and Sean Dundee just popped in to say hello!! :laugh:

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2051: Jul 04, 2016 04:25:58 pm
      I wouldn't have him near the training ground. I'd give him all the money he's due or going to be due (probably about 15 million quid or something) and tell him to stay away. If any club wants to take over his registration over the next four years, they've got to pay us 8 million quid to do it now, 7 million the season after, 6 the season after that and then five for his final year of contract. If nobody comes along what does Balotelli care? Mario's a rich man whatever happens, but equally we get him the f*** away from the other players. If Mario wants to continue to play football, he either has to persuade someone to buy his registration or alternatively buy it himself so he is then available on a free transfer.

Whichever way you look at it we've done our money, might as well engineer a situation which potentially limits the financial damage as well as completely limiting the damage he can do to squad morale. 
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2052: Jul 04, 2016 04:31:36 pm
      I wouldn't have him near the training ground. I'd give him all the money he's due or going to be due (probably about 15 million quid or something) and tell him to stay away. If any club wants to take over his registration over the next four years, they've got to pay us 8 million quid to do it now, 7 million the season after, 6 the season after that and then five for his final year of contract. If nobody comes along what does Balotelli care? Mario's a rich man whatever happens, but equally we get him the f*** away from the other players. If Mario wants to continue to play football, he either has to persuade someone to buy his registration or alternatively buy it himself so he is then available on a free transfer.

Whichever way you look at it we've done our money, might as well engineer a situation which potentially limits the financial damage as well as completely limiting the damage he can do to squad morale.

Probably just let Klopp sort it out.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2053: Jul 05, 2016 01:52:10 pm
      I think every red has a right to be pissed off with Mario and to not want him represent our club in any way.

But before anybody writes him off completely, just remember how Joe Allens performances improved since Jurgens arrival. So I'm keeping an open mind on this one.

If he goes then fair enough I won't lose any sleep. But I won't be horrified to see him on the bench next season either.

Agree with this. Klopp will look at him and make a decision. While he is a Liverpool player I'm going to let him be.

Bloody hell. We wouldn't even treat a player that bit somebody and got found guilty of racially abusing another player that badly.

Depends what suits us, though, I suppose.

I'm not sure he could affect moral but I'm pretty sure if the required effort and mentality is not evident Klopp will make the required call.

Until then, as sh*te as he has been like, I know, I think we should take his head off the guillotine and see what happens with him with a different type of manager that he has had previously.

If he fucks it up again then off with his head.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #2054: Jul 05, 2016 02:40:33 pm
      I think Klopp is the manager that will make Mario click...

Just imagine how Mario would perform if Klopp rubs off on him...

I'd like to see it happen...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #2055: Jul 05, 2016 02:47:12 pm

We all would mate.

But even Klopp isn't a miracle worker.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2056: Jul 05, 2016 02:50:41 pm

I really don't think he has it in him tbh. I don't think anyone knows what goes on in his head.

Plus Benteke didn't fit in Klopps plans, someone I imagine has an attitude 10x better than Balotelli.

S.O.S China
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #2057: Jul 05, 2016 02:58:46 pm
      I'd like to see it too.

Unfortunately, as excellent as Jürgen is he ain't a worker of miracles.

Mario doesn't love the game, the money and fame yes but the game? Nope.

I just think its paper talk about not loving the game but money...once the media assassinate your character it's hard getting it back..

I genuinely get the impression Klopp actually admires the mad Mario..

Just imagine Klopp sending on a pumped up Mario to cause havoc against the opposition.. ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #2058: Jul 05, 2016 03:50:49 pm
      I just think its paper talk about not loving the game but money...once the media assassinate your character it's hard getting it back..

Just imagine Klopp sending on a pumped up Mario to cause havoc against the opposition.. ;D

Well it looks like Sampdoria are after him so we'll know if Klopp admires him soon enough.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2059: Jul 05, 2016 04:04:55 pm

When you make the conscious decision to continuously act like a dick and set off fireworks in your own bathroom then everything else you ever do is going to be looked at under a microscope. I'd rather bring on somebody that has earned it and will actually make a difference but he could be good to bring on as a medic or something :)
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #2060: Jul 05, 2016 08:59:18 pm
      Why is it almost every pic i see of him at the training ground, he's smiling and the players around him seems friendly and smiling/laughing?

Is it possible the players have a different opinion of him that's reported in the press?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #2061: Jul 05, 2016 10:53:03 pm
      Why is it almost every pic i see of him at the training ground, he's smiling and the players around him seems friendly and smiling/laughing?

Is it possible the players have a different opinion of him that's reported in the press?

I kind of want him to stay. Imagine he turns into a 25+ goal machine.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #2062: Jul 05, 2016 11:01:12 pm

Wait, you mean the press dont actually report the truth? Say it ain't so :D

He's probably a very fun guy to hang out with, but what he needs to be is a guy that works his butt off and sets an example in that way.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1225 
      Reply #2063: Jul 05, 2016 11:23:35 pm
      Absolute joke of a player. F*ck him off ASAP to whichever rich/stupid club will take him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4417 
      Reply #2064: Jul 05, 2016 11:24:08 pm

Keep taking the medicine.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2065: Jul 06, 2016 04:51:17 am
      of course the players think differently to we do. we only absorb sensationalised news stories about these players - nobody here will ever meet or speak to Mario Balotelli on a personal level. nobody here will ever know anything about what it's been like for him since he debuted at Inter - it's easier to just pretend he's whatever you want to pretend he is. Liverpool supporters kidding themselves saying "well Mourinho said he is unmanagable so that's good enough for me" - wtf? when did we ever listen to Mourinho? once upon a time we would've wanted to defy anything said about a player of ours, but now we just go with what we read. anyway i'll cut the rant here as there is little point to it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #2066: Jul 06, 2016 05:01:01 am

Absolute joke of a player. F*ck him off ASAP to whichever rich/stupid club will take him.

This stupid rich club took him..

What was Klopp banging on about a clean slate, last season... ?
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2067: Jul 06, 2016 09:14:44 am

Imagine if Skrtel stayed and turned into a 25+ goal machine.

Imagine if Klopp started playing and turned into a 25+ goal machine.

Imagine if we signed Richard Dunne and he turned into a 25+ goal machine.

All just as likely!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #2068: Jul 06, 2016 03:08:05 pm

All just as likely!

Alright alright I get your point.

But still, wish we could somehow utilise that talent.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2069: Jul 06, 2016 03:21:48 pm

All just as likely!

None of them are just as likely :D

Quick Reply