Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. man of the Match:

22 Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      19 Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      18 Moreno
      57 (36.5%)
      08 Gerrard
      1 (0.6%)
      06 Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      17 Sakho
      0 (0%)
      14 Henderson
      24 (15.4%)
      31 Sterling*
      69 (44.2%)
      45 Balotelli**
      0 (0%)
      15 Sturridge
      2 (1.3%)
      24 Allen***
      1 (0.6%)
      23 Can - 61'***
      0 (0%)
      50 Markovic - 61' **
      0 (0%)
      03 Jose Enrique - 86'*
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Tottenham 0:3 Liverpool, In Game and post match happiness.

Read 25897 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Tottenham 0:3 Liverpool, In Game and post match happiness.
      Reply #345: Aug 31, 2014 05:13:37 pm
      Really, I was watching a Sky feed online, and Niall Quinn was very complementary about him (btw, a great co-commentator, much better than that tw*t Alan Smith).

I was watching Fox Sports in aus so I don't know who the commentator was.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #346: Aug 31, 2014 05:20:34 pm
      I could watch Moreno's goal all day. Exquisite.

Been years since I've seen anything like it from our fullbacks! So John Arne Riiseesque that I half expect his hair to turn ginger! The balls to do it was something great as well.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #347: Aug 31, 2014 05:20:43 pm
      A top class performance from a side still finding it's feet, a new back 4 playing with each other for the first time keeping a clean sheet speaks volumes,
       a below par Gerrard was still influential with the robotic duracel Jordan Henderson pivotal again,
      Wee Joe had a decent game to however I'd prefer to see either Lallana or Can in there,

Ballotelli was excellent holding the ball up and his link up play was impressive considering it being his debut,
      Once again young Raheem shone brighter than most with his attacking style and had he scored that Suarez style goal we'd all be wanking into our cornflakes in the morning,
      Thought sturridge was ok without being to much of a threat,
      Manquillo was excellent and ten times better than Glen,  and Moreno,well what can you say,  fantastic performance from him, and that f***in goal, my god if he can do that now and again we really have found a world class player, he was simply awesome,
      Overall, I feel we are better than last season, yes we had Luis but all round we have a better balance with more options from the bench,
      We still have Lallana to add to the mix and further improvements from all,

Going to be another very exciting season ahead me feels, bring it on  !

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #348: Aug 31, 2014 05:22:16 pm
      Moreno you f**king beauty.

Two muppet Spurs supporters who wouldn't shut up at the bar copped a shitload after that one went in.

Great result we even by some miracle managed a clean sheet, Sakho doesn't convince me at all also thought Manquillo was a bit hit and miss but he's young so that's bound to happen but the sooner Flanagan is fit the better anyhow.

Balotelli was unlucky, thought the commentators were an absolute disgrace and wanted him to fail but it was a solid debut nonetheless.

Thought Sakho, as Niall Quinn noted, got better as the game went on. The second half was more or less a faultless defensive performance by all. Needs time but Sakho and Lovren are the pairing I want to see now. Skrtel is bench material now.

Gave my MOTM award to Moreno. Was definitely between Sterling and him but I can't think of anything wrong Moreno did in attack or defence.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #349: Aug 31, 2014 05:24:40 pm
      Dunno why, though there was a shitstorm brewing on Brendan Rodgers page last night with the argument questioning him rearing its ugly head yet again - seems as if those folk have crawled back into the woodwork.

I think we should comment constructively when we lost and give enough praises when we won, that's what making post match comments  is all about, the good and the bad.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #350: Aug 31, 2014 05:27:48 pm
      Thought we were great today in contrast to City and the good thing is, we didn't even look like we'd moved out of 3 rd gear, but for one or two moments it was a very accomplished professional performance, we kept Spurs at arms length for most of the game and other than the Migs save from Adebayor, they very rarely offered any serious threat to our goal.

Thought Moreno's goal was outstanding, Sterling was full of energy and thoroughly deserved his goal and his man of the match champagne.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #351: Aug 31, 2014 05:35:03 pm
      BAM!  BAM! BAM!

And Citeh weren't that good against us either; we left ourselves down that game

Can someone tell me where Can plays? I thought he was our DM but he's all over the place
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #352: Aug 31, 2014 05:38:06 pm
      Tough away game against a top 7 challenger. 3 goals, clean sheet with a new back 4. Couldn't ask for more.

If im being greedy I would ask for the 3 or 4 other goals we should/could of scored....
      Sterlings in particular. Hes magic and had he of finished that piece of genius we would of all been talking about it for weeks. Shame.
      Happy out though.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #353: Aug 31, 2014 05:38:09 pm
      BAM!  BAM! BAM!

And Citeh weren't that good against us either; we left ourselves down that game

Can someone tell me where Can plays? I thought he was our DM but he's all over the place

Plays anywhere and everywhere aha.

But he looked solid sitting and then had a strong run at one point, showing a great burst of pace, looks like a great player to be.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #354: Aug 31, 2014 05:47:12 pm
      Great alround performance today, Balotelli was excellent under the pressure of a watching (and waiting for something to happen) world's press. First goal was fantastic team work, the third something magic from the best Left Back we've had since John Arne Riise. But we need a better goal keeper, we really do. I've never been convinced by Mignolet and he's not getting better as his supporters said he would. Sure he's a great shot stopper but there's more to goal keeping than just that. Anyway, just glad we smashed Spurs and their delusions of grandeur.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #355: Aug 31, 2014 05:50:39 pm
      Great alround performance today, Balotelli was excellent under the pressure of a watching (and waiting for something to happen) world's press. First goal was fantastic team work, the third something magic from the best Left Back we've had since John Arne Riise. But we need a better goal keeper, we really do. I've never been convinced by Mignolet and he's not getting better as his supporters said he would. Sure he's a great shot stopper but there's more to goal keeping than just that. Anyway, just glad we smashed Spurs and their delusions of grandeur.

What did Migs to wrong for you today? 1 super save from the 1 shot on target? I thought his distribution, which is one of his major flaws, was a lot better today - clearly Mario is a target man now which I prefer rather then the wing players as he always over hits it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #356: Aug 31, 2014 05:51:38 pm
      What did Migs to wrong for you today? 1 super save from the 1 shot on target? I thought his distribution, which is one of his major flaws, was a lot better today - clearly Mario is a target man now which I prefer rather then the wing players as he always over hits it.

Don't have a clue what Mignolet did today to be criticised either.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #357: Aug 31, 2014 05:53:00 pm

I think in the first half where Adebayor had the 1V1 against the keeper when he went for the chip and failed. I thought Mignolet should have got the ball before Adebayor ever got there.

However overall I thought he was solid.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #358: Aug 31, 2014 05:53:43 pm

Some people just have an agenda against certain players and can't see beyond that.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #359: Aug 31, 2014 05:54:30 pm
      Wow that was easy. Genuinely thought we'd have a tougher task but we showed the form that took us to 2nd last season and looked incredible today. Could have even been 5 or 6

Balotelli was a handful for them at times. He'll soon adapt to our style and will eventually start banging them in.

Alberto Moreno for me was fantastic. Not just his goal, but his workrate and his ability to defend. He's going to be a terrific player for us. This is why so many people wanted him over Bertrand or Davies. It pays to get your no.1 targets.

Sakho I thought was a little clumsy in possession. Main thing is we kept the clean sheet and it looks as if he should partner Lovren in defence for the long term. Manquillo I thought defended very well. Doesn't attack like Moreno, but his defending was spot on.

Happy with Cans short cameo. Looks strong, agile and fast.

Sterling easy man of the match. This player is frightful to opposing defenders. Didn't think he'd flourish without Suarez but instead he has taken the opportunity to be our star player.

The rest were good as usual. Still a little more organisation needed in defence but so far so good.

I thought the same thing today - highlighted how important it was to pursue him. I was getting fed up of his pursuit in summer, I wouldn't have had the stamina to pursue him but thank god the club continued with it.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #360: Aug 31, 2014 05:55:59 pm

Neither did I - infact, a lot of praise, early on he made a fantastic save from Chadli.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Re: Live: Tottenham V Liverpool
      Reply #361: Aug 31, 2014 05:56:40 pm
      Oooohhh! Well done Leicester, the arse drop another unexpected 2 points.
      Come on you REDS !
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #362: Aug 31, 2014 05:59:27 pm
      Oooohhh! Well done Leicester, the arse drop another unexpected 2 points.
      Come on you REDS !

Leicester are looking like a tough team to go. Everton and Arsenal have already found that out and other big teams will drop points at the King Power stadium.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #363: Aug 31, 2014 05:59:55 pm
      After Raheem's goal never got a chance to watch the rest of the match, sounds as though Spuds got mashed.

Looking forward to the highlights tonight.

LFCexiled
      Reply #364: Aug 31, 2014 06:09:13 pm
      Rodgers: "I said to Mario, 'You're picking up a man at [defensive] corners'. He said: 'I don't mark at corners'. I said: 'You do now'"

;D
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #365: Aug 31, 2014 06:09:56 pm
      Had to settle for the 2nd half on the radio and then twitter so am just settling down to watch it now with a brewski :-)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #366: Aug 31, 2014 06:10:58 pm
      Had to settle for the 2nd half on the radio and then twitter so am just settling down to watch it now with a brewski :-)

Enjoy, keep your brewski down when Moreno gets running though, just a word of warning.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #367: Aug 31, 2014 06:14:49 pm
      After letting it sink in and giving it some thought and taking into account my over optimistic attitude in the past I have come to the conclusion that we are a force to be reckoned with and should rightfully be feared by anyone who meets us. We have potential goalscorers all over the pitch and on the bench, I'm loving that.

Watch out Real Madrid, we're comin to get ya!

Quick Reply