Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Transfer deadline day September 2014

Read 23879 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Transfer deadline day (and other teams)
      Reply #92: Sep 01, 2014 04:40:51 pm
      Wtf am I reading, I don't get why people are suggesting what United should do to improve, why would you even contemplate such sh*t.

Consider the source, then ask the question again.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #93: Sep 01, 2014 04:43:21 pm
      If they put Shaw in at RB I will laugh. Useless to sign him for 30M if your plan is to play him on the right side. To be honest that is a really weak back 4 and midfield, for a "top club".

Also Blind isn't a left back either - so it would be weird to play him there over Shaw.

20 minutes til the Bundesliga window closes.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #94: Sep 01, 2014 04:46:40 pm
      Shaw plays left back, if ya didn't know

Assaidi off to Stoke on loan
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #95: Sep 01, 2014 04:47:50 pm
      Consider the source, then ask the question again.

I'm sorry, mate, but is it wrong to simply discuss another club in a non-derogatory manner?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #96: Sep 01, 2014 04:48:58 pm
      I'm sorry, mate, but is it wrong to simply discuss another club in a non-derogatory manner?

Mate I just don't get why you'd think oh this is oh united could improve. We hate united, why contemplate such thoughts.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #97: Sep 01, 2014 04:53:48 pm
      Phew luckily  LVG never got the quality midfielders, CB and FB in and he got falcao instead, what a brainless wonder. All the EPL teams please be alerted, attack MU at will and their defence will crumble. Never mind they got shriek, van persie and falcoa and mata, they;re just sh*t at the back and you'll outscore them. Let's attack their defence.

I've got a funny feeling, we may be looking at a Leeds saga II.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #98: Sep 01, 2014 05:03:49 pm
      Mate I just don't get why you'd think oh this is oh united could improve. We hate united, why contemplate such thoughts.

Jesus Christ some people get a little fired up over nothing these days. It's football mate, nothing more. It's supposed to be fun, you know. I've seen lesser reactions to those who openly support the mass murder of the people of Palestine.

As I said before, there is nothing wrong with discussing our rivals in a non-derogatory manner.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      Reply #99: Sep 01, 2014 05:13:33 pm
      Jesus Christ some people get a little fired up over nothing these days. It's football mate, nothing more. It's supposed to be fun, you know. I've seen lesser reactions to those who openly support the mass murder of the people of Palestine.

As I said before, there is nothing wrong with discussing our rivals in a non-derogatory manner.

Say what you want mate but its not just fun, its more than that and if you see thinking of ways united can improve as a team as a normal thing for a LFC supporter than fair, we just don't see eye to eye.

And bullshit comparison, not sure if you're trying to be funny, but don't try compare a response to your united interest to tragedies in palestine, just don't.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #100: Sep 01, 2014 05:14:55 pm
      Hull have signed Abel Hernandez, who is probably Uruguay's best striker now Suarez is suspended and Forlan is getting older. 7 goals in 14 for Uruguay and I've been impressed when watching him in international matches. Would have been a great upgrade on Borini, I said the same thing when Swansea signed Bony. Next summer a whole host of teams will be wanting Abel Hernandez for 3 times more than Hull paid.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #101: Sep 01, 2014 05:15:38 pm
      Still can't believe Falcao is going to Utd. He declined us in favour of a move to Madrid. Then somehow they manage to offload Hernandez and secure arguably the best striker on the planet. F**k knows how much they're going to pay him. All I know is I'm feeling slightly jealous!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #102: Sep 01, 2014 05:16:04 pm
      Hull have signed Abel Hernandez, who is probably Uruguay's best striker now Suarez is suspended and Forlan is getting older. 7 goals in 14 for Uruguay and I've been impressed when watching him in international matches. Would have been a great upgrade on Borini, I said the same thing when Swansea signed Bony. Next summer a whole host of teams will be wanting Abel Hernandez for 3 times more than Hull paid.

Talented player who will be playing for a less than talented manager I'm afraid.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #103: Sep 01, 2014 05:19:18 pm
      Wtf am I reading, I don't get why people are suggesting what United should do to improve, why would you even contemplate such sh*t.

Hope my comment wasn't taken without it's intended purpose, mate. Was simply stating my surprise, yet rejoicing in their failures! Haha.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #104: Sep 01, 2014 05:19:50 pm
      Say what you want mate but its not just fun, its more than that and if you see thinking of ways united can improve as a team as a normal thing for a LFC supporter than fair, we just don't see eye to eye.

And bullshit comparison, not sure if you're trying to be funny, but don't try compare a response to your united interest to tragedies in palestine, just don't.

Just giving you a little perspective mate. If you don't want me to make such audacious comparisons, then maybe tone down a wee bit yourself instead of telling me what I should and what I should not contemplate re football.

Conversation over.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #105: Sep 01, 2014 05:22:37 pm
      Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO  27 secs
      Former Liverpool and Swansea striker David Ngog has joined Stade Reims on a two-year contract. #Swansfc #deadlineday

Good ol' days  ;D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      Reply #106: Sep 01, 2014 05:25:52 pm
      Just giving you a little perspective mate. If you don't want me to make such audacious comparisons, then maybe tone down a wee bit yourself instead of telling me what I should and what I should not contemplate re football.

Conversation over.

Tone down? Then you end your post with conversation over, okay mate. Like your logic.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #107: Sep 01, 2014 05:26:09 pm
      If they put Shaw in at RB I will laugh. Useless to sign him for 30M if your plan is to play him on the right side. To be honest that is a really weak back 4 and midfield, for a "top club".

Did you happen to laugh when BR fielded Flanagan at LB? For how sh*te United's RB is, I wouldn't be surprised if he did play a more talented player there over Valencia or Rafael. It was the same having Flanagan ahead of Cissokho at LB.

However you look at their defence, it is weak. And yes I'm pretty chuffed they never signed Hummels or Vidal
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      Reply #108: Sep 01, 2014 05:26:35 pm
      Hope my comment wasn't taken without it's intended purpose, mate. Was simply stating my surprise, yet rejoicing in their failures! Haha.

Na I got that mate don't worry, hope my tone wasn't too much for you.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #109: Sep 01, 2014 05:31:58 pm
      Talented player who will be playing for a less than talented manager I'm afraid.
      Whilst people were on about Falcao and Cavani, this player really slipped under the radar. I wonder if he was even brought to Rodgers attention.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #110: Sep 01, 2014 05:36:18 pm
      I'm not massively concerned with Falcao. If he was still that good, Mourinho would have moved heaven and earth to get him and would have succeeded. I'm happy with what we've got and still would bet anything you like we'll finish above the Mancs.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #111: Sep 01, 2014 05:38:04 pm
      Tone down? Then you end your post with conversation over, okay mate. Like your logic.

You cannot resist can you? ;D

Okay. Tell me what exactly what is wrong with discussing Manchester United in a non-derogatory manner. Come on, ol' wise one!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      Reply #112: Sep 01, 2014 05:43:52 pm
      You cannot resist can you? ;D

Okay. Tell me what exactly what is wrong with discussing Manchester United in a non-derogatory manner. Come on, ol' wise one!

Look mate I have nothing against you and I apologise if my tone got to you.

But I don't see anything wrong with talking about then in a non derogatory way e.g oh there play looked good (which I admitted when seeing a clip of their play in preseason) but to actually think of ways and what steps united should take to improve for me makes no sense.

Do you think united fans would think oh all Liverpool need to do is this this this and this and soon they'll be back at there best. No they loved when we were at rock bottom under Hodgson, so me personally would never contemplate anything other than enjoying their downfall.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #113: Sep 01, 2014 05:50:09 pm
      It's really weird not checking the news feed every few seconds seeing our targets going else where.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #114: Sep 01, 2014 06:03:34 pm
      So what does everyone think about the Falcao situation? Obviously we were linked to him for a week or so and quite a few on here fancied him on a loan deal (myself included). Is everyone happier that we got Balo or are any of you wondering if a year of Falcao (with Origi to follow next season) would have worked better for us this season?

Must admit I'm happy with Balotelli BUT I do rate Falcao and think that he would have been a fantastic acquisition assuming he regains his previous form and fitness. Bizarrely enough, the mancs don't really need him given they are set at striker and only have two comps to play in

Quick Reply