Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      1 (1.1%)
      Manquillo
      9 (10.3%)
      Moreno
      1 (1.1%)
      Lovren
      3 (3.4%)
      Sakho
      3 (3.4%)
      Gerrard
      6 (6.9%)
      Coutinho
      17 (19.5%)
      Henderson
      24 (27.6%)
      Lallana
      6 (6.9%)
      Balotelli
      4 (4.6%)
      Markovic
      4 (4.6%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Borini
      9 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2014 07:32:41 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Villa: In game and Post Match Apocalypse

Read 29723 times
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Villa: In game and Post Match Apocalypse
      Reply #322: Sep 14, 2014 12:02:47 am
      Just watched match of the day what a load of turgid crap, Danny Murphy said villa deserved it liverpool only had 1 shot
      rget erm...  well villa only had 1 shot on target so how does that work? If it was boxing we would've won on points or more shots off target!
      Small comments after game on the kicking of balo but apparently that's ok cos your trying to wind him up & get him to react
      Nothing on Hutton who I believe defo deserved two yellows
      Shouldn't wind myself up watching those bellends :f_steam:

welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #323: Sep 14, 2014 12:06:51 am
      Just watched match of the day what a load of turgid crap, Danny Murphy said villa deserved it liverpool only had 1 shot
      rget erm...  well villa only had 1 shot on target so how does that work? If it was boxing we would've won on points or more shots off target!
      Small comments after game on the kicking of balo but apparently that's ok cos your trying to wind him up & get him to react
      Nothing on Hutton who I believe defo deserved two yellows
      Shouldn't wind myself up watching those bellends :f_steam:

Villa did deserve it simple as....non of your Houllier nonsense we had 9 corners to they're 3 we got beat because we were below average not good enough and didn't want it simple as

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #324: Sep 14, 2014 12:11:14 am
      Secondly, I'm f**king gutted. 2 Losses already, There were only 2 lads out there that can hold their heads up, young Manquillo and Jordan.......Manquillo had a stinker did i miss something on that basis Flannaghan will walk back into that team

I think you may have been qouting me there, not sure but are you serious? You think Manquillo had " a stinker"? You musn't have been watching the same game as me because he and Jordan were by far our best 2 lads on the pitch.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #325: Sep 14, 2014 12:15:37 am
      Henderson had a good game yes...Manquillo didn't have a good game his passing wasn't up to it and he's no improvement on anything we've not had got picked off a few times..I went the game and I don't rate the guy
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #326: Sep 14, 2014 12:25:44 am
      Henderson had a good game yes...Manquillo didn't have a good game his passing wasn't up to it and he's no improvement on anything we've not had got picked off a few times..I went the game and I don't rate the guy

Manquillo was not the problem today, he may not have set the world alight but he wasn't the issue for us playing so badly.

welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #327: Sep 14, 2014 12:29:11 am
      No he wasn't mate but he's average no improvement on what we've got!! I wouldn't sign him on a permanent from what I've seen or am I missing something? Offers nothing
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #328: Sep 14, 2014 12:33:45 am
      No he wasn't mate but he's average no improvement on what we've got!! I wouldn't sign him on a permanent from what I've seen or am I missing something? Offers nothing

He's young and has plenty to learn for a 20 yr old. Having said that he has shown enough that he can be a upgrade on Johnson and going forward more than Flanno.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #329: Sep 14, 2014 12:45:07 am
      He's young and has plenty to learn for a 20 yr old. Having said that he has shown enough that he can be a upgrade on Johnson and going forward more than Flanno.

We don't need an upgrade on Flannagan and we don't need pontential,if your going to replace Johnson buy a quality right back Flannagan will walk into that team over Manquillo,there's a reason why he couldn't break through at Athletico Madrid..but from what I've seen he's off the pace
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #330: Sep 14, 2014 12:54:28 am
      We don't need an upgrade on Flannagan and we don't need pontential,if your going to replace Johnson buy a quality right back Flannagan will walk into that team over Manquillo,there's a reason why he couldn't break through at Athletico Madrid..but from what I've seen he's off the pace

Come on mate he was a understudy to Juan Fran, had a serious heck injury last season so not sure where the "he couldn't break through at Atletico" comes from and I'm sorry but he is way better now never mind potentially than Flanno going forward.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #331: Sep 14, 2014 01:08:12 am
      That was as frustrating as it was disappointing. Like many have said the new faces disrupted the "cohesion" of the side.

I would profoundly disagree with that because our problem didn't come from a lack of cohesion. We where lethargic, without pace and our customary crispness of passing. The players looked like they where playing on a heavy pitch towards the end of the season, not at Anfield four games in. Their goal came from our defensive mistakes again but outside of our generous gift, they never looked like scoring. The lethargy wasn't just physical either but mental and I felt the most lethargic person there today was Rodgers. It was clear at half time our formation and tactics where not working and our players, for whatever reason, looked tired and it needed something to freshen it up yet he waited until the hour mark to bring on Sterling. I felt a double substitution was in order with Coutinho and Markovic needing to come off in place of Sterling and Lambert at half time because it just wasn't working for them today. It would have given us an injection of pace and a different formation and more threat up front because Balotelli looked to be struggling up on his own.

Whilst I'm not going to be overly worried at this stage of the season, one good performance from four matches isn't good enough and we really need to look at the cause for this because not all of them have had so many new faces in them. Our defence  however, is a worry. By my reckoning, and please correct me if I'm wrong, we've had seven centre back partnerships under Brendan Rodgers - Carra/Skrtel, Carra/Agger, Agger/Skrtel, Skrtel/Toure, Skrtel/Sahko, Lovren/Sahko and Skrtel/Lovren - and yet our defence hasn't improved, they're still making silly individual mistakes. We can't carry on buying players hoping to find the best partnership, clearly the problem lies elsewhere.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #332: Sep 14, 2014 01:13:51 am
      F**k me we look toothless up front - pun not intended.

I'm hoping it's just a case of gelling new players into the system. Last season we lost 5 games, and this season we've played 4 and lost 2 already. The one against City is acceptable but yesterday was a mini disaster
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2014 09:19:40 am by Rush »
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #333: Sep 14, 2014 02:32:57 am
      Well that was an underwhelming performance... sh*te really

I could sense villa would score early as we were pinned back by them from the get go.  We looked sluggish,  slow... tired .... and shockingly uninterested in the first 30 mins.

I hope this is just the equivalent game to the southampton home loss from last year.  We have a busy and important run of games coming up...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #334: Sep 14, 2014 04:40:47 am
      I've got nothing against the lad, I was hoping he'd come on and score but come on, 2 people voted Borini as MOTM in our poll above. Were the rest that dire?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #335: Sep 14, 2014 06:50:31 am
      Never looked like scoring tbh, apart from Coutinhio's shot. Watching the game in the local, thought it was a poor performance in general.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #336: Sep 14, 2014 07:35:46 am
      I'm very disappointed and hate coming here after a lose. My lucky run out yesterday, sorry. YNWA
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #337: Sep 14, 2014 08:45:04 am
      Important to remember where we were at the beginning of last season where no one gave us a chance of a top 4 finish. after a title push we have our first champions league game on Tuesday this decade. Let's stay positive,  this group of players need time to gel and the international break was a bad one for us. We ll bounce back on Tuesday
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #338: Sep 14, 2014 09:17:57 am
      Not going to get involved in the mud slinging at the manager and players, Villa came with a game plan and got a scrappy set piece goal and then defended well, credit to them for how they went about it. Very hard to break down and create space. We have to put it behind us and move on, nothing more to be said.

Move on and pretend nothing happened? I hope the entire coaching staff and players do not "move on" because they need to learn from this.

We should not be losing at home to Villa. They are to host Arsenal next. Let's see whether Arsenal manage more than us.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #339: Sep 14, 2014 09:25:00 am
      Move on and pretend nothing happened? I hope the entire coaching staff and players do not "move on" because they need to learn from this.

Why don't you pop down to Melwood lad and let them know just incase.

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #340: Sep 14, 2014 09:30:17 am
      Yesterday  showed us that the new players need some time together on the pitch! Lallana, Markovic and Balotelli are all quality players but they need more time. With Sturridge out and Sterling  not in the starting eleven we didn't look sharp enough.

Well, this one is gone,  CL is coming up (finally) next chance to gain some confidence back and get a good start in that competition!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #341: Sep 14, 2014 09:35:30 am
      Its comments from you 5times that make me so mad put lambert on to add pace injection ??? . Now before you suggest im a wum as no one replies to my comments and anyone who disagrees or can in the future i will gladly hold my hand up
      1. keeper who is average at best
      2. 3 average RB
      3. Lovren at fault Again and was massively overvalued at 20m
      4. Gerrard needs to played less and less but not sure rodgers has the balls.
      5. Emre can people saying how good he is ??? Overweight and not upto pace is what ive seen.
      6. Markovic ???
      7.Coutinho- amazes me to hear how good some think he is - Highlights player not consistent enough
      8. lambert ?  dont think ive seem a slower CF

nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #342: Sep 14, 2014 09:37:16 am
      Ended up going yesterday.

The atmosphere was just terrible.  Really really bad.

I haven't rewatched it but from first viewing taking Markovic off slowed the game down. The second Sterling came on we had an immediate impact through the centre, but Villa are so well organised that they where dealing with our corners, free kicks and attempts to get into the box all day long.

Borini offered little. But then again, so did everyone else for the most part.

When your in the ground and walking out, you take losses like this on the chin. Bad day at the office and so on.

Got into my car and it's all "BR doesn't have a plan, he's bought wrong etc etc". We demolished Spurs a couple of weeks back FFS.  Sometimes sh*t happens. A hangover from pointless international duty and possibly one eye on Tuesday night.

Support your team when they are up or down and don't ever give up on this manager.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #343: Sep 14, 2014 09:45:04 am
      I was more disappointed with the atmosphere than the loss. I heard the crowd booing at the end. And, some left before the game was over. What do these guys want? Instant gratification? Then, start supporting the plastics. Do they realize where we were a few years ago?

The players needed the 12th man yesterday. And, where was our famous atmosphere? Probably, updating their FB status.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #344: Sep 14, 2014 09:45:26 am
      It's going to take time to gel and the midweek internationals hasn't helped, to be honest looking at our first four fixtures I would of taken a draw at City and Spurs and two wins which only sees us two points down :-).

Quick Reply