Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. UPDATE: 6th April - Will we get top 4?

No
      115 (75.2%)
      Yes
      38 (24.8%)

Total Members Voted: 150

The Top 4. Can we get there?

Read 125468 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: The Top 4. Can we get there?
      Reply #943: Apr 05, 2015 06:22:17 pm
      If our warriors can actually win a few games there is still an outside chance. Utd have city, Chelsea and Everton as their next 3 if they win any of these it is all over - of course we have to win our 3 games.
      I am gutted but it is not over just yet.

Guaranteed 3 points then.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #944: Apr 05, 2015 07:05:35 pm
      I think when we see the final table were really going to rue that UTD defeat. I expect us to close the gap before the end of the season.
      Utd will only get 2 points from their next 3 games, well get 9. By the time we play Chelsea, they'll have wrapped up the title, so there's a chance of 3 point for us there.
      We'll miss out but only just!
      AllSaintsEvo
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #945: Apr 05, 2015 07:47:56 pm
      The thing that guts me most about the last two results is that we appear to have choked once again when it really mattered. That is something that as a club we just didn't do in the past but, if we are honest with ourselves, is an ability we seem to have lost.
      If we are saying that "the system" has been worked out by the other teams and as a result we are now struggling, wasn't that inevitable? If we haven't got the players to impose our style of play on whatever formation we choose then we aren't good enough to be at the top and gimmicky tactics might win a few games but not a championship.
      If they can put a run together, take the points available and somehow qualify for Europe then that's about as much as we can hope for, although after this years disaster in Europe I don't know if that's a blessing or not, money aside.
      Same with the FA Cup now, if we can scrape a result against Blackburn with what will be a makeshift defence it will be a BIG bonus but unless there is a major turnaround in performance I ain't building my hopes up of winning it.
      Looking forward to seeing the back of this season to be honest, no Gerrard sideshow going on next year, hopefully Sterling sorted, some of the dross gone and some quality coming in for next year. I can dream can't I?

Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,363 posts | 290 
      Reply #946: Apr 06, 2015 11:55:34 am
      Whilst the FA cup won't have the big bucks that the PL and CL the owners would prefer, the benefit to the players and BR could be immense, winning is a habit and not that many our of squad have experienced that. I can't make my mind up what impact missing out on 4th will have. One part of me says it will affect who we can tempt to the club but the other half says is that the perfect excuse for the owners not to invest heavily ?
      As a fan I'm desperate for us to be in the CL but I'm burning inside for that PL title.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #947: Apr 06, 2015 01:10:33 pm
      Whilst the FA cup won't have the big bucks that the PL and CL the owners would prefer, the benefit to the players and BR could be immense, winning is a habit and not that many our of squad have experienced that. I can't make my mind up what impact missing out on 4th will have. One part of me says it will affect who we can tempt to the club but the other half says is that the perfect excuse for the owners not to invest heavily ?
      As a fan I'm desperate for us to be in the CL but I'm burning inside for that PL title.
      Agree with your split emotions mate! Feeling the same myself.CL is good in terms of players'attraction but the Pl title is what this club is all about.What makes me  really gutted are the countless loads of other clubs' fans our 2.5 decade's layoff due to lack of luck, inability, you name it, has made them happy (this could be an interesting thread, how many clubs we have given the right to be really happy all these years).

Plus I'm convinced the title will come in a season we won't be in the CL at all.
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2015 01:11:54 pm by nikos »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #948: Apr 06, 2015 01:16:43 pm
      In fairness, to get top 4 you need to show up for more than 1/3 of a season.
      Don't deserve it after the start, and certainly don't deserve it after the whimpering performances against Man United and Arsenal.

Spot on.

And to the OP.........no, not now.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #949: Apr 06, 2015 01:32:11 pm
      I can see the scum only getting 1 point from the next 3 games which leaves it up to us to do our job(I know). If it does run like that well then"YES" we can do it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #950: Apr 06, 2015 07:25:57 pm
      I can see the scum only getting 1 point from the next 3 games which leaves it up to us to do our job(I know). If it does run like that well then"YES" we can do it.

I must admit I think one or two have been a bit quick to write us off too.

The Mancs next three fixtures are   Man City (H), Chelsea (A) and Everton (A).

Our next three are Newcastle (H), Hull (A), WBA (A).

We are currently eight points behind them. I'd be waiting until those three games have been played before I was chucking the towel in.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #951: Apr 06, 2015 07:28:12 pm

We are currently eight points behind them. I'd be waiting until those three games have been played before I was chucking the towel in.

Nice bit of perspective there, I admit I was getting used to the fact UCL was out of the cards but having seen this fixture list, then maybe there's still some hope.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #952: Apr 06, 2015 07:41:12 pm

Nice idea. Be interesting to see if there's a big shift.

I'll reset the poll completely.

Previous results (for reference) from December were:

Poll: 12th Dec - Will we get top 4?
      No 78 (54.9%)
      Yes 64 (45.1%)
      Total Members Voted: 142

After those 2 defeats, it is may be time to reset the vote:

For reference the results of the second poll.
      Poll: 6th April  - Will we get top 4?
      No 67 (44.1%)
      Yes 85 (55.9%)
      Total Members Voted: 152
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #953: Apr 06, 2015 09:01:50 pm

The Mancs have been getting results in big games so wouldn't be surprised if they won 2 of the 3. But we can live in hope.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #954: Apr 06, 2015 09:50:59 pm
      So one of the Manchester clubs lose 3 more and we win all 7..

BHAM! Top 4  ;D
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #955: Apr 06, 2015 09:51:27 pm
      Then there's Man City who are plummeting (a bit like our form lately). Now in 4th place behind Arsenal and Utd.

Who'd have thought that the fight would be between us and them for 4th???
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #956: Apr 06, 2015 09:53:28 pm
      Still a no, but:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #957: Apr 06, 2015 09:57:33 pm
      Clutching at straws but the way City are playing at the moment stranger things have happened.
      That's their third straight away defeat in a row.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #958: Apr 06, 2015 10:05:07 pm
      Clutching at straws but the way City are playing at the moment stranger things have happened.
      That's their third straight away defeat in a row.

And the way we're playing it could be our third straight defeat in a row very soon. Let those straws go mate it's over.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #959: Apr 06, 2015 10:24:35 pm

Same here mate, it's a tough ask but if we can string together a run similar to the one we've just seen then there is still a chance. City losing tonight could even drag them into it should they draw in the derby at the weekend and we take three points.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #960: Apr 06, 2015 10:25:23 pm
      And the way we're playing it could be our third straight defeat in a row very soon. Let those straws go mate it's over.

Nah mate I can't help it, it's the glass half full syndrome with me and LFC. Thats why I think we will win the league at the start of every season!

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #961: Apr 07, 2015 12:57:39 am

It was over the moment the Summer transfer window closed. We are reaping this season what we sowed last Summer when we pursued a policy of quantity over quality, inexperience over experience. I said at the time we needed more players with experience of Champions League and title run ins, otherwise we'd suffer in both competitions. Balotelli wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I said that.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #962: Apr 07, 2015 06:12:03 am
      Either I can sit here and moan or still believe in my team to get top 4. Since former would be terribly negative for both my mental as well as physical health, I will pick the latter and this is not delusional as I have stats to back me. Let's look at the next 4 fixtures for us and our rivals United and City

Liverpool
      Newcastle(H) - 3
      Hull(A) - 3
      WBA(A) - 3
      QPR(H) - 3

Points after 35 games - 66

United
      City(H) - 3
      Chelsea(A) - 0
      Everton(A) - 1
      WBA(H) - 3

Points after 35 games - 69

City
      United(A) - 0
      WHU(H) - 1
      Villa(H) - 3
      Spurs(A) - 0

Points after 35 games - 65

So based on the expected results, we can actually leapfrog City at the end of 35 games and if that United vs City game is a draw we will be level on points with City and only 2 behind Utd so all is not lost yet. COYR!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #963: Apr 07, 2015 08:24:46 am
      I went for no.

Just can't see it.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #964: Apr 07, 2015 09:11:57 am
      I still hope we can but we're now massive outsiders...

Regardless of a possible FA Cup win, this season is disaster if we fail in the league... I'm gutted!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #965: Apr 07, 2015 09:20:50 am
      to be honest I think it was an even crazier idea, last season after we beat City at home, that we would slip up and not win the league.  And yet it happened.  So if that can happen, anything can.

Quick Reply