Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

QPR 2:3 Liverpool, In game & post match "discussion".

Read 35912 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Re: Live: QPR V Liverpool
      Reply #621: Oct 19, 2014 04:05:43 pm
      can someone tell me how much of our £100mil was on the pitch today
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #622: Oct 19, 2014 04:06:19 pm
      To many on here saying Skrtle the problem if you had any idea about the game you would look at lovren as he is involved in nearly a goal a game and has been a shambles. Commanding centre half  my ass. Rodgers signings at moment not settling/gelling playing well Can is not fit enough which i said months ago mobility not there Joe allen needed for madrid and Flanagan tenacity missed at fb johnson is a   liability and rodgers fault completely for playing him
      RedRepublican
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #623: Oct 19, 2014 04:06:41 pm
      Routine away win!  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #624: Oct 19, 2014 04:07:40 pm
      Its like we are after buying a few extra points. Our standard should be seeing us in 15th+ NOT 5TH. happy days I suppose.

John Glenson and Naked Enrique Selfies should both be waterboarded by the manager after that performance.

Funny you mention the selfies as during the match I was thinking the useless pr**ks should spend more time getting there game sorted then taking pics of themselves for twitter
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #625: Oct 19, 2014 04:07:57 pm
      Whats the story with Moreno? Please tell me its not a long layoff.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #626: Oct 19, 2014 04:08:04 pm
      Mignolet-6
      Johnson-6
      Lovren-5
      Skrtel-5
      Enrique-5
      Gerrard-6
      Can-6
      Henderson-6
      Lallana-5
      Sterling-7
      Balotelli-4

Allen-5
      Coutinho-6.5
      Toure-10
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #627: Oct 19, 2014 04:09:07 pm
      Funny you mention the selfies as during the match I was thinking the useless pr**ks should spend more time getting there game sorted then taking pics of themselves for twitter

At the minute they should be too ashamed to smile in private let alone in public.

FOCUS
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #628: Oct 19, 2014 04:09:17 pm
      Mignolet-6
      Johnson-6
      Lovren-5
      Skrtel-5
      Enrique-5
      Gerrard-6
      Can-6
      Henderson-6
      Lallana-5
      Sterling-7
      Balotelli-4

Allen-5
      Coutinho-6.5
      Toure-10

Mignolet was at least an 8. Only for him were losing 5 or 6-3 pal
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #629: Oct 19, 2014 04:09:59 pm
      Mignolet-6
      Johnson-6
      Lovren-5
      Skrtel-5
      Enrique-5
      Gerrard-6
      Can-6
      Henderson-6
      Lallana-5
      Sterling-7
      Balotelli-4

Allen-5
      Coutinho-6.5
      Toure-10

Im glad you added the "- (minus)" signs infront of all those, otherwise they would be WAY off the mark.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #630: Oct 19, 2014 04:10:05 pm

Exactly, without last seasons top 2 scorers I'll take that performance along with the the points every week !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #631: Oct 19, 2014 04:12:58 pm
      Balotelli getting all the attention but the defence were just as much if not more of an embarrassment. Out of position, can't clear their lines, can't win a header, it's an absolute joke. Sakho might be a bit clumsy but at least he'll make opposing strikers realise they are in a battle. Lovren and Skrtel didn't get anywhere near Bobby F***ing Zamora today and I don't even want to think about what Madrid will do to them on Wednesday night. Enrique an absolute car crash as well, can't clear the ball or play it off quickly. Very surprised he played as Moreno had two weeks off.

Can and Hendo didn't have much control of the game meaning Gerrard and Lallana didn't get on it all which was disappointing. Hendo needs to stop thinking he's Gerrard with those long passes and get back to doing what he does best. Doesn't surprise me that our best spell came when Gerrard dropped deeper but then again we did have some bright moments when Gerrard was further up so a bit of a dilemma for Brendan there.

Sterling was the main standout player along with Mignolet who made some super saves. Great to see Raheem playing like he did a month or so ago. Encouraging display from Coutinho as well, just needs to find consistency now and play passes like he did for the winner on a more regular basis. Don't need me to rant on about Balotelli as well but all I'll say is that he's a lucky boy that Sturridge got another injury as it means he'll probably get another chance in the next few weeks and boy does he need to deliver if he wants to be playing for us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #632: Oct 19, 2014 04:15:04 pm
      Balotelli needs to be dropped, he is not good enough, doesn't fit into our system and I really can't see how he will. This just feels like the Carroll situation all over again.

Can was too lethargic, didn't offer any intensity and from the little I've seen of him, I do wonder what type of midfielder he'll end up becoming, still haven't an incline.

No need to mention the back 5, it's the same as last season.

Anyway, despite the negativity, It was great to see Coutinho doing well, Sterling had a fantastic 2nd half, love the way how he dribbles the ball forward from deep and was MOTM for me.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #633: Oct 19, 2014 04:16:41 pm
      We won!We won!We won! We are going through such a bad phase and these points at this time can prove goldust when we would enter the final months of the season and hopefully we would be back to our best by that time. Hendo and Sterling are awesome and Coutinho starts everytime now.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #634: Oct 19, 2014 04:17:35 pm
      I try to look at the postives side of the game today. We got the three points, sterling was brilliant and Cou changed the game.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #635: Oct 19, 2014 04:19:47 pm
      Balotelli needs to be dropped, he is not good enough, doesn't fit into our system and I really can't see how he will. This just feels like the Carroll situation all over again.

Sterling had a fantastic 2nd half, love the way how he dribbles the ball forward from deep. MOTM for me.

Apart from selling the guy (like we did with carroll) how's he gonna fit into anyones system unless they either persevere with him or change the system to suit him?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #636: Oct 19, 2014 04:26:00 pm
      Mignolet-6
      Johnson-6
      Lovren-5
      Skrtel-5
      Enrique-5
      Gerrard-6
      Can-6
      Henderson-6
      Lallana-5
      Sterling-7
      Balotelli-4

Allen-5
      Coutinho-6.5
      Toure-10

Agreed with all them except the minus 7 for Raheem
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #637: Oct 19, 2014 04:27:39 pm
      Apart from selling the guy (like we did with carroll) how's he gonna fit into anyones system unless they either persevere with him or change the system to suit him?

Changing the system is not an option, albeit we are not playing the system that got us 2nd last season. He needs a partner up front but even with that, I dont see him being any better than Ngog was.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #638: Oct 19, 2014 04:28:34 pm
      Agreed with all them except the minus 7 for Raheem
      ;D

The wee man will get my MotM vote, when it comes up. His quick thinking set up the first and speed, energy & stamina, the last.  :nod:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #639: Oct 19, 2014 04:29:57 pm

Changing our system to suit Balo would be totally wrong. Our players play with dynamism, creativity and pace, it's what we're renowned for and  best at doing. But with Balo, he just seems to slow everything down. His movement is woeful, he's selfish and doesn't even hold the ball up well enough.

The only option I'd like is for us to drop him and give Borini a chance.
      mp..
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #640: Oct 19, 2014 04:30:41 pm
      How many more chances do we give Balotelli?   he's clearly got an attitude problem,  CL might fire him up,  if it does then drop him for Lambert v Hull. 
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #641: Oct 19, 2014 04:35:04 pm
      Delighted with the win. That's two league wins in a row so we need to keep it going to climb the table.

We were despicably awful, of course. But we're basically last year's team without Suarez and Sturridge so it's no surprise we can't score goals. We didn't spend big money on a top striker so we didn't get one.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #642: Oct 19, 2014 04:40:05 pm
      We where second best in every single outfield department today. We can't defend and I'm not talking set pieces or high balls, I'm talking the basics a child knows like clearing their lines. Our midfield was bullied with QPR being first to every ball and there's absolutely no movement up front from anyone. Balotelli looks short on confidence, so desperate to score that it's affecting not only his judgement but his overall performances. No one single player should shoulder the blame alone for today and we got a massive let off with the result. We're just not good enough by any stretch of the imagination and if we play like this on Wednesday, we're in for the hiding of our lives.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Re: QPR 2:3 Liverpool, In game & post match "discussion".
      Reply #643: Oct 19, 2014 04:46:28 pm
      A few positives, we were sh*t but still had 56% of the play and won. Plus it was just a reminder how utterly crap Johnson truly is. Yes there were a few stinkers out there but wow he stunk.

Quick Reply