Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Choice of Anfield stand ?

Read 3893 times
      Frank90
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Choice of Anfield stand ?
      Nov 04, 2014 10:57:43 am
      Dear Liverpool supporters,

Me and a couple of friends (we're from Holland) visit Manchester in the weekend of 20-21 december. Because we're all footballers ourself and big football fans in particular, we want to visit the game vs Arsenal on 21 december at Anfield. This because, for us, Anfield and Liverpool echo history, football and atmosphere and Liverpool vs Arsenal is a topmatch. Despite the insane prices, we still intend to go. At this point, we can get tickets of E 211,- for 'Anfield Road, Lower Tier' or E 230,50 for 'Centenary Stand, Upper Tier'. We can't get information on specific blocks or rows. Our question: what should we choose when considering view, but most of all atmosphere? We've seen the Anfield Seating Plan on the official Liverpool website and understand there is a slight chance of getting restricted view seats in the Anfield Road, Lower tier section. But we will take this risk if you guys say that the atmosphere is much better on this stand.
      So, we're very interested in your opinion and on the choice you should make when facing this dillema.

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Frank
      « Last Edit: Nov 04, 2014 06:11:58 pm by MsGerrard »
      MsGerrard
      Re: Choice of Anfield stand ?
      Reply #1: Nov 04, 2014 06:20:38 pm
      First of all Frank, I can't believe how much you are being charged for these tickets....I have a ticket for this game and I paid £48.00 it makes me so mad that people are making such huge profits on individual tickets  >:(

Anyway....in answer to your question, you will get a better view from the Centenary Stand, but you will get a better atmosphere in the Anfield Rd end.

Just one thing, make sure you learn and sing the songs before you get there and join in, rather than taking pictures all game, we need to up the Anfield atmosphere  ;D

Enjoy your day, I will be in the Kop, so you can give me a wave  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Reply #2: Nov 04, 2014 10:34:39 pm
      Hi Frank - avoid the restricted view seats in the Anfield Road - they are at the back of the lower tier and they really are restricted.

Anywhere in the ground can be good - wouldn't take it as gold standard that the Kop would be boss.  Very results dependent I'm afraid!

Oh, and after the game if you've paid over the odds for your ticket, make sure you tell us on here the seat number and members name and number so we can grass the touts up.

One of the lads on here told me about someone who paid £400 for a pair in the corner of the lower centenary the other week - could do with these people getting their seasies taken off them.
      Frank90
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 05, 2014 10:21:10 am
      Thanks for the reactions. We appreciate that.  :)

I know the prices are ridiculous. But when you're 'an outsider' (with no membership or other ways to benefit from normal ticket prices) you have go get your tickets from these commercial traders, who in this case ask at least E 150,- for a ticket and on top of that at least E 45,- administration/tax. I have to say though, the premier league is by far the most expensive. For home games of Barcelona or a game like AS ROMA - AC Milan these tickets are far under E 100,-. It seems to me the BPL has got a bit mental with their prices. And as i understand, this isn't only for individual tickets but for season holders as well. Crazy!  ??? Because of this, and a documentary last shown on Dutch TV on 'the taking over of the PL' with examples from Manchester United, Coventry, Portsmouth and Cardiff, we visit the game of FC United of Manchester on saterday.  ;D This for a local experience with dedicated fans as well...

Well, with the atmosphere in mind we will take our gamble with the tickets from Anfield Road, Lower Tier. Unfortunately we don't know what tickets (block nor row) we get. So JD, that's a risk we have to take. But we come for Anfield for the whole fan experience, so even if we have restricted view we will make the most of it.

@MsGerrard: Great advice on the songs. On this website (http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/features/lfcsongs.htm) there are lots of Liverpool songs. Can you tell which are most used? Because we are dedicated to learn by heart but if we have to memorize all these songs we can all stop working/studying next month.  ;D

And yes, if it helps we will put out the information on seat number and members name after the game.

So, Anfield Lower and Liverpool - Arsenal it is. Very excited.  :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Nov 05, 2014 02:15:35 pm
      The songs that are sung regularly at Anfield are;

YNWA
      Fields of Anfield Rd
      On when the reds
      Poor Scouser Tommy
      Oh Campione

Good luck and enjoy your day xxx

Quick Reply