Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game and post match déjà vu.

Read 46280 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Re: Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game and post match déjà vu.
      Reply #644: Nov 08, 2014 04:43:06 pm
      what is Brendans first X1 I don't think he knows but it should not include Lovren,Johnson,Ballotelli and now Gerrard in a deep position.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #645: Nov 08, 2014 04:43:14 pm
      I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall later on when Brendan has his 'bite to eat' with werner.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #646: Nov 08, 2014 04:46:57 pm
      I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall later on when Brendan has his 'bite to eat' with werner.

What can Werner do he knows F**k all about soccer and I doubt he even likes the game
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #647: Nov 08, 2014 04:47:58 pm

Can someone explain to me the role of Gerrard in the team, he mostly seems to be trying to find Suarez and Sturridge on the pitch

Sorry to pick out just this part of your post but this is spot on. Gerrard is so intellectually superior to the majority of this team, yet it is Gerrard who takes the flak for players who haven't got the game intelligence to match his.

Gerrard does look lost this Season, but we can't blame him if players around him haven't got the brain to run into open spaces.

Last Season, Gerrard hits those passes and Suarez and Sturridge are onto them in a flash.

This Season, Gerrard hits the same passes but nobody has the intelligence to be in the space.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #648: Nov 08, 2014 04:48:19 pm
      Ok before I start Im aware we were playing Chelsea who are the best team in the league by some way.

Now....what the fook was that??

We scored on 8 minutes having started well. On 13 minutes my wife came in and I said were 1 up but were going to concede we stopped playing since we scored and then on 14 minutes its 1-1 and were done. From that point on what did we create 2 shots that made Courtois work? We were pathetic. We couldn't pass the ball simply to a team mate a few yards away. Lovern and Moreno thought they were playing5 a side trying poxy little flicks and tricks with the ball only to be caught out and look like mugs.

Balotelli is a fairy. Every little touch he got he had to hop around like a fooking idiot. Johnson, don't even get me started on that useless tw*t, and he was far from our worst today

Can and Coutinho hold your heads up from decent games and Mignolet made some good saves. As always he was left uncovered by his back 4 for both goals. No bollox among that back 4, actually not among many in the squad

As for the boss, well he told us last season we were a season ahead of ourselves so where the fook are we now? Has no plan B and seems clueless on how to right the wrongs at the moment we just keep on doing the same thing over and over ( a sign of madness they say)

Right now I think we should do what Shanks done in 71 after getting knocked out of the cup he broke up his team and started again and I think we should do likewise now. There are far too many passengers in that team fook all drivers
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #649: Nov 08, 2014 04:48:47 pm
      We are totally broken at the minute. Replacing the manager is not the answer. We have had a shocking few weeks but the past week we have played Europes best and Englands best (ATM) and got battered.

Things will get better.  4th is all but gone though at this stage, unless we miraculously go on a reign of terror, which wont happen. Terrible season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #650: Nov 08, 2014 04:49:06 pm
      Sorry to pick out just this part of your post but this is spot on. Gerrard is so intellectually superior to the majority of this team, yet it is Gerrard who takes the flak for players who haven't got the game intelligence to match his.

Gerrard does look lost this Season, but we can't blame him if players around him haven't got the brain to run into open spaces.

Balotelli is like a statue in the middle of the pitch.
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #651: Nov 08, 2014 04:50:37 pm
      who is going to supply him. we don't create chances.
      See its very easy  making bold statements isn't it but the reality is Daniel will not make a great deal  of difference

Hmm our best striker by miles won't make much of a difference, we'll agree to disagree on that one my friend.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #652: Nov 08, 2014 04:53:48 pm
      hmm, the calls for Rodgers to be sacked are a bit much for me.

Still, one poster gets called a wum, another poster saying exactly the same thing gets a free ride.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #653: Nov 08, 2014 04:54:57 pm
      Balotelli is like a statue in the middle of the pitch.

I agree with you there Walton. In Balotelli's defence though i will say that this persistence with playing him up top on his own is pointless. I understand that he is a lazy player but if Brendan is going to select him then we need a partner to help him. I know we shouldn't have to do this in an ideal world but if Balotelli is the focal point of our attack then Brendan should have the tactical acumen to identify the best way to utilise him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #654: Nov 08, 2014 04:55:57 pm

Last Season, Gerrard hits those passes and Suarez and Sturridge are onto them in a flash.

This Season, Gerrard hits the same passes but nobody has the intelligence to be in the space.

I would disagree and say it is Gerrard who lacks the intelligence by not realising Suarez and Sturridge are not on the pitch.
      What's the point of hoofing up balls to Raheem one of the smallest guys on the pitch or Balotelli he is not going to be making those runs and FFS at the end of the day it's so easy to defend against and end up losing the ball.

Hoofball should not be a LFC tactic.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #655: Nov 08, 2014 04:58:48 pm
      hmm, the calls for Rodgers to be sacked are a bit much for me.

Still, one poster gets called a wum, another poster saying exactly the same thing gets a free ride.

Which other poster?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #656: Nov 08, 2014 05:02:03 pm
      Hmm our best striker by miles won't make much of a difference, we'll agree to disagree on that one my friend.

Played 11 no goals even with no support it's pretty damming

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #657: Nov 08, 2014 05:02:25 pm
      I agree with you there Walton. In Balotelli's defence though i will say that this persistence with playing him up top on his own is pointless. I understand that he is a lazy player but if Brendan is going to select him then we need a partner to help him. I know we shouldn't have to do this in an ideal world but if Balotelli is the focal point of our attack then Brendan should have the tactical acumen to identify the best way to utilise him.

why not put Couthino up to play alongside him or even Borini why does everyone in the footballing world say we need to play two up front but Brendan thinks he knowsso much more than everyone else.
      It cannot be a coincidence that Mario's and our best game is at Spurs with TWO UP Jeez Brendan get with the programme
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #658: Nov 08, 2014 05:05:54 pm
      We were though if we only had Stu up front last season I don't believe we would have got top 4. If we only had Suarez up front I think we would have still achieved top 4.

I think we would have gotten top 4 with just Sturridge, he's still vastly underrated by some, but we would not have challenged for the title without Suarez -- he's world class.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #659: Nov 08, 2014 05:09:42 pm
      I would disagree and say it is Gerrard who lacks the intelligence by not realising Suarez and Sturridge are not on the pitch.
      What's the point of hoofing up balls to Raheem one of the smallest guys on the pitch or Balotelli he is not going to be making those runs and FFS at the end of the day it's so easy to defend against and end up losing the ball.

Hoofball should not be a LFC tactic.

You are accusing Gerrard of hoofball?  :lmao: F**k me sideways, why did i f**king bother?

Do you realise you have accused our best passer of the ball of hoofball?  :lmao: How about you pick on the other useless fuckers who are playing like cu*ts? :lmao:

If Gerrard sees a pass and plays it, that is not hoofball. If the player isn't clever enough or quick enough to react to that pass and get on it that is not hoofball either. Last Season Gerrard played the same passes, we had the players to deal with that situation and that it why we were so dangerous onthe counter.

If Gerrard has to adjust his thinking time to match that of the players around him then we lose any chance of counter attacking any side. It is that quickness of thought that creates the space, creates the chances and reduces the time that the opposition has to regroup and set.

You are actually saying you want Gerrard to slow his brain down to accommodate the players around him, this will in turn slow our game down, something that goes against the system and philosophy that our manager has put in place.  :lmao:

You should be on stage sir.

Sweeping the c**t.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #660: Nov 08, 2014 05:13:59 pm
      You are accusing Gerrard of hoofball?  :lmao: F**k me sideways, why did i f**king bother?

Do you realise you have accused our best passer of the ball of hoofball?  :lmao: How about you pick on the other useless fuckers who are playing like cu*ts? :lmao:

If Gerrard sees a pass and plays it, that is not hoofball. If the player isn't clever enough or quick enough to react to that pass and get on it that is not hoofball either. Last Season Gerrard played the same passes, we had the players to deal with that situation and that it why we were so dangerous onthe counter.

If Gerrard has to adjust his thinking time to match that of the players around him then we lose any chance of counter attacking any side. It is that quickness of thought that creates the space, creates the chances and reduces the time that the opposition has to regroup and set.

You are actually saying you want Gerrard to slow his brain down to accommodate the players around him, this will in turn slow our game down, something that goes against the system and philosophy that our manager has put in place.  :lmao:

You should be on stage sir.

Sweeping the c**t.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Stop the fanboy adoration and open your eyes during the game.
      How many incisive passes have you seen this season?
      The fact is the opposition have sussed him out and he does not have the time to launch his wunder balls but there again he does not have the speed to feet to bypass the press so we end up playing the ball at the back - Gerrard  to Skrtel to Lovren ad nauseum.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,319 posts | 1672 
      Reply #661: Nov 08, 2014 05:15:58 pm
      how do you know he is not fit enough? is this your opinion or does he have a knock?
      My opinion backed up by the fact he cant last 90 thatts why he was taken off
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #662: Nov 08, 2014 05:16:51 pm

Agreed.

I just posted in the BR thread that it was sad to see players going past him as if he wasn't there.

Usually, by this stage of the season, he's picked up after a slow start but I'm just not seeing it.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #663: Nov 08, 2014 05:17:18 pm
      What can Werner do he knows F**k all about soccer and I doubt he even likes the game

Apart from sack him? F**k all I s'pose.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #664: Nov 08, 2014 05:18:45 pm
      Agreed.

I just posted in the BR thread that it was sad to see players going past him as if he wasn't there.

Usually, by this stage of the season, he's picked up after a slow start but I'm just not seeing it.

It was very similar at Newcastle as well. Gerrard's positioning in that one was nearly diarrhetic, especially in the first half, causing Allen to slot over and give away a lot of stupid, cheap fouls.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #665: Nov 08, 2014 05:18:45 pm
      My opinion backed up by the fact he cant last 90 thatts why he was taken off

Can?

Yep, he's not fully fit.
      Looked like he was wading through treacle for the 10 or so minutes before he came off, and he's clearly carrying a bit of weight.
      Still did pretty well until he faded though.
      Probably the best of the central 3 midfielders.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #666: Nov 08, 2014 05:19:34 pm

Fanboy adoration? Name me a player in the team that has the range of passing that Gerrard has? That's not fanboy adoration, it's a F***ing fact sir.

What is more worrying is that we have still to find an adequate replacement for Gerrard as he approaches his final Seasons with us. That is worrying.

My eyes are open, nobody makes the movement like we did last Season. That movement is gone and we haven't adapted or adjusted to compensate for it.

Quick Reply